PDA

View Full Version : Goodman's Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG Beta

Griogre
June 9th, 2011, 18:10
Just thought I would mention Goodman-games is starting their open beta for this RPG. I've always been fond of the their modules. I've read the rules. Certainly old school feel, but I don't seem much difference between them and Castles & Crusades other than the spell casting.

I had to laugh at the 0 level funneling of character's. I don't think that is going to work exactly as they expect, with death at 0 hp, luck will play a bigger role than they are expecting. Anyway, here is the link if you are interested: https://www.goodman-games.com/DCCRPGbeta.html

damned
June 10th, 2011, 00:32
interesting - i think they write a few modules/adventures for castles&crusades already...

TheMetal1
June 15th, 2011, 16:46
I took a look at the Beta and seems like a fun game. The bloggosphere has had mixed emotions about it - some like it, some don't, some complain about having ANOTHER fantasy heartbreaker game or house rules published.

Anyway, they use "weird" dice (Zochhi - d3, d7, d14, d16, d24, d30) which gives me an excuse to try out my 30 sider anyway. It does seem to have a Hackmaster feel to it.

Has anyone talked with DCC about doing a ruleset for them? I'd love to see the extra "Zocchi" dice as a digital edition to any ruleset.

interesting - i think they write a few modules/adventures for castles&crusades already...

Goodman Games did about 5 modules for C&C, skimmed through and they all seem pretty fun. IIRC, some of them were just ported over from their DCC line.

Griogre
June 16th, 2011, 08:22
It might be a good time to hit up Goodman again. They did not seem to be interested in having any of their modules converted and I suspect their 4E ones would have sold decent because there are not many available. However, they might be more interested in their RPG having a ruleset

sturtus
April 16th, 2012, 04:24
I've played a few sessions of DCC and I have to admit the game is very evocative of Appendix N. The spell system has to be the greatest use of tables in any RPG ever. Reading the final PDF of the published work has been very entertaining.

As far as FG is concerned, I would be very surprised if Goodman wanted to participate. The game is an effort to recapture the feel of 70s RPG which they might consider counter to the VTT fork of tabletop playing. That being said, I'd LOVE FOR IT TO HAPPEN.

sturtus
April 16th, 2012, 04:25
I've played a few sessions of DCC and I have to admit the game is very evocative of Appendix N. The spell system has to be the greatest use of tables in any RPG ever. Reading the final PDF of the published work has been very entertaining.

As far as FG is concerned, I would be very surprised if Goodman wanted to participate. The game is an effort to recapture the feel of 70s RPG which they might consider counter to the VTT fork of tabletop playing. That being said, I'd LOVE FOR IT TO HAPPEN.

Look how much I used the word "very". Me not English major.