PDA

View Full Version : Copying character sheet from DM's comp to mine

NickelzX
June 8th, 2011, 04:53
My computer with my character sheet crashed, but my DM has a copy of my character on his server. Is there a way to copy that information on to my laptop so I can use the character sheet I already made or do I just have to redo my character sheet?

I'm using a Lite license and my DM is using an Ultimate.

Moon Wizard
June 8th, 2011, 06:24
When you log into a campaign, there is a local copy of any characters that you own during the session saved in your cache. You can access the characters using the Manage Characters option on the loader screen, and selecting the name of the campaign.

Regards,
JPG

NickelzX
June 8th, 2011, 06:49
When you log into a campaign, there is a local copy of any characters that you own during the session saved in your cache. You can access the characters using the Manage Characters option on the loader screen, and selecting the name of the campaign.

Regards,
JPG

The local copy of my character sheet is gone because my hard drive died. I'm asking if the character sheet on my DM's server can be copied to my computer, or if I have to remake the character sheet from scratch.

Edit: Just occured to me, could my DM change the ownership of the character? Because if he could, he could just change ownership to me.

Edit 2: Nevermind, I realized I was signing in under the wrong name. Once I signed in under the correct name, I was able to acces the sheet. Thank you for the response.

GMTroll
June 15th, 2011, 17:00
Edit: Just occured to me, could my DM change the ownership of the character? Because if he could, he could just change ownership to me.

I know you have resolved this but yes your DM can remove the owner of a character. Then it would be available to select by any connected player in the Character Selection pane