PDA

View Full Version : Explorer and Slipstream questions

Robbo
June 7th, 2011, 17:53
I am gearing up to try a session of SW and I would like to try Slipstream, but I have a few basic questions.

How do you handle area of effect templates in Fantasy Grounds?

In the Slipstream module, are there any images? In particular I have wondered if the travel map of the Slipstream universe from the inside cover of the book is in the module. How about deck plans of the rocket ships?

Moon Wizard
June 7th, 2011, 19:31
I'm not familiar with SW or the ruleset. I'll let one of the SW guys help with specifics.

In general, you can draw pointers on maps to indicate basic area of effects (square, circle, cone).
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide4E/player_images.xcp
(See subsection on Pointers)

Also, for custom templates, some people have used custom tokens to indicate area of effects were are not basic shapes.

Regards,
JPG

phantomwhale
June 7th, 2011, 20:32
Yep, SW has "pointers" for the basic templates (small, medium, large bursts and cone).

Doswelk
June 7th, 2011, 21:02
looking through the pictures included in the zip files it would appear I did not add the inside cover map.

I'll see if I can get a copy of it, and send it to Doug along with the theme..

Robbo
June 8th, 2011, 01:57
I had totally missed the pointers before. Thanks!

Robbo
June 27th, 2011, 02:53
I ran a couple of players through character creation using the Slipstream ruleset, and there was one very disappointing issue. The various races, such as the robot men and the lion men, each have distinctive racial edges and hindrances, but none of them are draggable objects you can add to your character sheet. I ended up having to type them into each player's notes section, which was an unwelcome and time consuming task.

I hate to be purely negative, so I'll end on a positive note and link to my map of the Gyptosian merchant ship that begins the plot point campaign. I made it on my iPad, so it is frills free, but it is Fantasy Grounds friendly, so I hope someone finds it useful.

https://qt3vtt.posterous.com/gyptosian-merchant