PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Companion - Showing twice in Libaray

ShotGun Jolly
June 6th, 2011, 16:13
Hello.

Just purchased the SW Fantasy companion mod. I am running the latest release 2.7.6, on a Vista OS.

Anyways, I got the download, ran the EXE, and then opened FG. When it loads up, I open the "book" icon in my mod section, and then I open my library.

When I do this, there are two copies of the SW Fantasy companion on the list.

Everything is there, but its there twice. As if there are two separate books. Importantly it all works ok.

But I am trying to keep the clutter down, anyway I can fix that?

ShotGun Jolly
June 6th, 2011, 16:22
Also, just noticed, since I installed it, my Swex Player guide is showing twice.. why is this?

ShotGun Jolly
June 6th, 2011, 17:14
Hmm, i played around with the load, and forced load buttons and it seems its all there and working the way it should.. not sure why it was messed up but its all good now..

Griogre
June 6th, 2011, 20:38
I think there is an oddball thing if you open the module when your library window is open, it may only happen with the full or better version. It appears to just be cosmetic. Specifically most commercial player libraries have two copies in a module: a common and a client version to allow the building of characters in the manage character screen since the host can't access common modules offline.

Moon Wizard
June 7th, 2011, 07:23
Griogre hit it on the head.

If you have the library window open and load a module with both client and host data, you will see 2 copies of the module in the library. It's a known issue, but low priority.

Cheers,
JPG

phantomwhale
June 7th, 2011, 20:36
Ah - have had that on my list of bugs to look at (also at low priority). Had sorta assumed it might be an underlying FGII issue, rather than a SWEX ruleset thing.

Shutting the library window and reopening it gets rid of the extra copy anyway, so it's rarely an issue other than just being a bit surprising when you do see it.