PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Extension for (2.8) 3.5E

madman
June 5th, 2011, 22:23
Here is an attempt at a pathfinder extension for the new 3.5E ruleset.

Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

Should add most things from the pathfinder V8, so the info in an old campaign has the same db tags.

Chris

Leonal
June 6th, 2011, 00:11
Glad my extension got some use. :) Nice additions.

I believe the Community Use Policy text should be included though.

edit: You might want to add or modify the updated (0.11) charsheetmini_main.xml from the one I posted. It further extends and renames the "Senses" line to fill the whole box so it doesn't look misaligned.

madman
June 6th, 2011, 00:46
I'll do that

Chris

edit: sorry i upped my working file, not the finished file

AdamantiteDM
June 9th, 2011, 14:55
When will we see the Pathfinder BestiaryI&II, Spells etc... ?

I am learning to create campaigns. Being able to drag and drop creatures from the Library... WOW

Trenloe
June 10th, 2011, 02:01
When will we see the Pathfinder BestiaryI&II, Spells etc... ?

I am learning to create campaigns. Being able to drag and drop creatures from the Library... WOW

MODS for Bestiary I, spells, feats, equipment were put together for the d20_JPG ruleset with Pathfinder extension. See post here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=108350&postcount=90

If you're using FG test V2.8, you could try changing the ruleset tag in the definition.xml file in the .MOD file and see if it works OK.

If you're using FG V2.7.6 load the d20_JPG ruleset with the Pathfinder extension (V8.3) and the mods will work directly for you. This is the setup I currently use for running Pathfinder.

Blue Haven
June 11th, 2011, 11:38
Wow i never saw those modules!! thank you so much!! Pathfinder is my favorite 3.5 setting :)

Blackfoot
June 27th, 2011, 18:49
I tweaked the extension to work with the additional changes (specifically the damage types) because there were changes to the files included in the extension. You will find the revision here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14859&page=3

Aristotle
June 30th, 2011, 21:01
Blackfoot. I'm getting the default 3.5E character sheet when I switch to yours. Am I making a rookie mistake?

Blackfoot
July 1st, 2011, 05:45
Blackfoot. I'm getting the default 3.5E character sheet when I switch to yours. Am I making a rookie mistake?
Yes.. and no. There are multiple version of the PF extension floating around now. The one that she was using was not the most complete... it doesn't include the revision for Perception... and the CMB/Grapple change. I tweaked her version for her so it wouldn't bug.. but it certainly isn't 'done'.
The 'Pathfinderized' version is better.. but it doesn't include CMD and some of the trait stuff yet... plus it hasn't been tweaked to deal with the new damage types... I can probably do that fix and upload it..

Actually.. those issues may be resolved.. this thread has the latest versions...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14775

The latest one seems to have a slight tweak to the default Knowledge Skills.., but otherwise it looks pretty good. Still no CMD or Traits though.
Actually.. since most classes can't default roll on most Knowledge Skills.. this tweak might actually be for the best.

Leonal
July 1st, 2011, 06:00
Yes.. and no. There are multiple version of the PF extension floating around now. The one that she was using was not the most complete... it doesn't include the revision for Perception... and the CMB/Grapple change. I tweaked her version for her so it wouldn't bug.. but it certainly isn't 'done'.
The 'Pathfinderized' version is better.. but it doesn't include CMD and some of the trait stuff yet... plus it hasn't been tweaked to deal with the new damage types... I can probably do that fix and upload it..

Actually.. those issues may be resolved.. this thread has the latest versions...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14775

Yes, I try to keep it as up to date with 2.8 test as best I can.
I was thinking about making a space for CMD below the Grapple/CMB on the combat tab and add another box on the minisheet, however my knowledge of xml and coding is very limited so I haven't really looked into it.

Thus I try to keep the extension that me and a friend put together to as few modifications as I find strictly necessary to prevent errors and compatibility with the 3.5E ruleset should you decide to not use the extension, or change to another one.

I haven't looked at your modification of Madman's take, but what trait stuff do you mean? And also default knowledge skills? (If it's because I have it as open, same as 3.5E, then it's because not every player will use all knowledge skills and thus it takes up more space than necessary).

edit: I'd love to take feedback in the appropriate thread. :)

edit 2: It is perhaps confusing that there are multiple extensions doing more or less the same thing. However I never used the extra things added in the extension for d20_JPG and thus decided to make a more simplistic one for 3.5E (2.8), and there were none at the time when 3.5E was put on test.

edit 3 (phew): I put this reply in the other thread to keep that discussion there.

madman
July 2nd, 2011, 00:48
and after it is a public release I will work on adding all the things in the old extension to the new one later so when a campaign is converted it ends up more complete.

Chris

Blackfoot
July 14th, 2011, 21:28
Since it looks like PF is going to be an 'option' in 2.8.. I guess this extension won't happen except to add in specific details or to customize things a little bit for someone's specific liking.

I notice that some of the module elements aren't working that well in 2.8 PF.. specifically anything that comes in as an 'ability'..

We can probably tweak the modules to read as traits instead of abilities... or maybe fiddle the boxes a bit (I liked Madman's Trait box)... I seem to remember the PF rules referring to a lot of different things as 'traits' ... a little confusing after they added the background 'trait' system.

madman
July 14th, 2011, 22:49
Yes that's still planned.

Chris