PDA

View Full Version : Desktop and decal rect

neuralnoise
June 5th, 2011, 18:27
Hi !

I'm actually help a friend who is working on a Delta Green ruleset and I'm in trouble with the desktop.

In fact, my question is : is it possible to anchor the position of the image define by "decal rect" in graphics_frames.xml in the top of right ? I want the image has the same position with different screen size.

For example, the screenshots in attachment with 1440px*900px and 1366px*768px.

Thx for your help !

madman
June 5th, 2011, 22:41
maybe a graphic that is the largest size you would want, 1920 x 1080 might do the trick.

still will not scale the way i think you want it to.

Chris

P.S. if you add more image to the left and bottom, i think it renders the image from the top right(maybe)

Zeus
June 5th, 2011, 22:52
Hi !

I'm actually help a friend who is working on a Delta Green ruleset and I'm in trouble with the desktop.

In fact, my question is : is it possible to anchor the position of the image define by "decal rect" in graphics_frames.xml in the top of right ? I want the image has the same position with different screen size.

For example, the screenshots in attachment with 1440px*900px and 1366px*768px.

Thx for your help !

Not that I am aware of. The decal image is centred to the desktop size, I believe its hardcoded and not adjustable from a ruleset/extension perspective.

You can try oversizing the image as madman suggested, however I think it will be a struggle to get it align 100% against the shortcut bar at all desktop resolutions.

neuralnoise
June 5th, 2011, 22:54
Yes, I know this alternative and yes, it's not what I want.

But, I am pretty sure it's possible because it works with the middle rect if I understood this thread : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13938&highlight=background

EDIT : so, if it's impossible I gonna find an other trick ;)

Thx for repply.

Fenloh
June 6th, 2011, 05:39
Maybe you want to try out to set a sidepanel. Like it is done in the SR Ruleset.

Fenloh

drahkar
June 6th, 2011, 14:16
You might try making the image into an icon and them assigning the Icon to the right side and adjusting by offset. It'll probably be the closest means of doing what you are trying to do so.

If you get the foundation code, look at the desktop_classes.xml and desktop_panels.xml files for details on what I mean. Its how the Modifier box is placed.

neuralnoise
June 6th, 2011, 23:41
It works ! Thx a lot Drahkar !

drahkar
June 7th, 2011, 04:19
Glad I could help. :)

neuralnoise
June 8th, 2011, 18:08
I come back after record 2 troubles :
- the picture is superimposed on the tchat
- the right clic dont works in the picture's area (in fact, the right clic menu is under the picture)

EDIT : I fix the first trouble.