PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder extension for 3.5E v2.8+

Leonal
June 4th, 2011, 04:49
EDIT: Since PFRPG is now a part of the 3.5E rules, there's no need to use this extension.

Hi,

Use the latest file further down the thread or through this link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1999&d=1309584565). (updated 02.7.2011)

Here's a Pathfinder extension for use with the 3.5E (2.8) currently in test mode that a very good friend of mine and I put together.
Since 3.5E is still in test mode, don't expect this to work forever without error. I'll try to keep it working.

edit: Big thanks to moon_wizard/JPG for his work on improving the 3.5E ruleset!

Since I'm not very familiar with xml and lua the changes are small and far from advanced. Class skills must, as with the 3.5E ruleset, be managed manually (i.e. add 3 in the misc field for any class skills you have ranks in).

Changes:
Skills reflect Pathfinder skills.
Only Perception showing on main tab & mini sheet instead of Spot/Listen/Search.
Grapple renamed to CMB for PCs.

To Do (I may not do it because my groups may not feel it necessary, but please feel free to continue the work :)):
Create a place for CMD.
Add changes from grapple to CMB to NPCs.

Test and modify as much as you like and please read the included readme file, and include the license if sharing.

Please let me know if you find any errors that are related to this extension (and not ones related to the 3.5E ruleset as I can't do anything with those ;)).

NOTE: Attached file is an actual zip file and contains the extension and readme/license file. It will not work if you don't unpack this file.

Edit:
Adjusted the length of Special Abilities (old Vision / Senses line) on main and mini sheet. Renamed to Special Abilities on mini sheet.

Leonal
June 6th, 2011, 00:01
For those interested madman has expanded upon it and added some of his features (more tabs in the NPC field and such) here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=109371#post109371

Leonal
June 11th, 2011, 23:43
Updated to reflect latest 3.5E v2 in FG Test Mode 2.8.
Minor cosmetic changes.

Unzip to your extension folder and select 3.5E Pathfinderized with the 3.5E ruleset.

Leonal
June 19th, 2011, 00:47
Updated to reflect the latest (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=109985&postcount=58) changes in the 3.5E (2.8) test ruleset.

Unpack to your \extensions folder, and remember to back up your campaign before trying.

Cheers,
Leo

edit: I have found the "compare" utility in Notepad++ to be my new best friend.^^;

Leonal
June 29th, 2011, 02:11
Updated with latest additions in 2.8 per 29.6.2011 (Koreatime).
Changed so that the version number is shown in the extension name.

Files updated from last version:
data_common.lua
manager_action_skill.lua

As usual, unzip to your extensions folder.

Leonal
July 1st, 2011, 06:33
In reply to Blackfoot regarding this extension.

Yes.. and no. There are multiple version of the PF extension floating around now. The one that she was using was not the most complete... it doesn't include the revision for Perception... and the CMB/Grapple change. I tweaked her version for her so it wouldn't bug.. but it certainly isn't 'done'.
The 'Pathfinderized' version is better.. but it doesn't include CMD and some of the trait stuff yet... plus it hasn't been tweaked to deal with the new damage types... I can probably do that fix and upload it..

Actually.. those issues may be resolved.. this thread has the latest versions...
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14775

Yes, I try to keep it as up to date with 2.8 test as best I can.
I was thinking about making a space for CMD below the Grapple/CMB on the combat tab and add another box on the minisheet, however my knowledge of xml and coding is very limited so I haven't really looked into it.

Thus I try to keep the extension that me and a friend put together to as few modifications as I find strictly necessary to prevent errors and compatibility with the 3.5E ruleset should you decide to not use the extension, or change to another one.

I haven't looked at your modification of Madman's take, but what trait stuff do you mean? And also default knowledge skills? (If it's because I have it as open, same as 3.5E, then it's because not every player will use all knowledge skills and thus it just takes up space).

edit: I'd love to take feedback in the appropriate thread. :)

edit 2: It is perhaps confusing that there are multiple extensions doing more or less the same thing. However I never used the extra things added in the extension for d20_JPG and thus decided to make a more simplistic one for 3.5E (2.8), and there were none at the time when 3.5E was put on test.

Leonal
July 1st, 2011, 06:40
Small update.

Added "trait" as a bonus type.

Blackfoot
July 1st, 2011, 08:38
Yes, I try to keep it as up to date with 2.8 test as best I can.
I was thinking about making a space for CMD below the Grapple/CMB on the combat tab and add another box on the minisheet, however my knowledge of xml and coding is very limited so I haven't really looked into it.

Thus I try to keep the extension that me and a friend put together to as few modifications as I find strictly necessary to prevent errors and compatibility with the 3.5E ruleset should you decide to not use the extension, or change to another one.

I haven't looked at your modification of Madman's take, but what trait stuff do you mean? And also default knowledge skills? (If it's because I have it as open, same as 3.5E, then it's because not every player will use all knowledge skills and thus it just takes up space).My mod to that extension was very minimal.. all it did was fix the damage type issue.
As far as the traits stuff goes.. he had a nifty little box for your 'traits' and some other stuff in the non-2.8 version... just little tweaks that clean up your sheet a bit and keep things organized. I'm not sure it all ever worked completely. As to default knowledge skills... yeah.. I'm vacillating on this point. My Bard obviously uses them all... but it is sorta lame for other characters to have them pop up on their sheet if they will never get them... I have a nice solution to this for my non-PF/non-3.5 extension.. but I'm not sure how to translate that over into all this exactly at the moment... it works something like the BRP ruleset does... where the skills don't initially show up but once you add them they become permanent if they are 'untrained' skills.

edit: I'd love to take feedback in the appropriate thread. :)There are multiple threads and multiple versions out there so it's more than a little confusing for everyone. I would assume that most folks are looking for Pathfinder in the other (Game Systems) section... I usually am.

edit 2: It is perhaps confusing that there are multiple extensions doing more or less the same thing. However I never used the extra things added in the extension for d20_JPG and thus decided to make a more simplistic one for 3.5E (2.8), and there were none at the time when 3.5E was put on test.That's all good... but some of those little extras got to be pretty cool by the end of the last version... some of that has to be restarted now to go along with the shift to 3.5E...
I actually made use of some of your tweaks for a extension I made for another variant on d20/3.5... came in quite handy.

This ruleset is kinda tough with a variety of people working on it coming up with different design ideas... I'm sure it'll all get ironed out eventually.. once 2.8 is actually up and running. At some point the 'simplified' version will likely diverge from the 'complicated' one.

Leonal
July 1st, 2011, 08:47
That's all good... but some of those little extras got to be pretty cool by the end of the last version... some of that has to be restarted now to go along with the shift to 3.5E...
I actually made use of some of your tweaks for a extension I made for another variant on d20/3.5... came in quite handy.

Yes I can see that they were useful, and I think madman did a wonderful job on the extension for d20_JPG enabling many PF players to use FG for their games. However, I rarely put that much detail into my NPCs inside FG, so I didn't find a use for the extension for my games. It is also why I haven't tried to put much many changes in the above extension. If others want to expand upon it, that's great. :)

I put mine here due to the sub-forum description basically, though the 3.5 sub-forum would perhaps get more attention. "The place to discuss modifications and the creation of house rules and new rulesets."

Leonal
July 2nd, 2011, 06:21
Sorry, my latest upload was missing a ',' and thus caused a script error.

Updated (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1999&d=1309584565)

Leonal
July 2nd, 2011, 06:21
Doublepost...

Leonal
July 12th, 2011, 07:39
Since Pathfinder support is now being developed by JPG in the test version I won't be updating this further. I'm glad it got some use. :)

gelbar
August 6th, 2011, 19:24
I'm really a rookie here, but eager to try out Pathfinder in Fantasy Grounds. Do you mean that there is another version of the Pathfinder 3.5 ruleset being developed for Fantasy Grounds somewhere? If so, could you kindly point me in the right direction? This technical stuff is a bit challenging!

Griogre
August 6th, 2011, 22:50
With the release of the 2.8 version of FG2 there is now built in support for Pathfinder when you run the 3.5 ruleset. The DM would just set up the campaign that way.

viresanimi
August 6th, 2011, 22:51
Pathfinder ruleset is now coded directly into the D&D 3.5 Ruleset. When you start it up, you get a choice on which ruleset you prefer. In short, you don't need extensions anymore to play Pathfinder.

Vires Animi

Leonal
August 7th, 2011, 01:58
I'm really a rookie here, but eager to try out Pathfinder in Fantasy Grounds. Do you mean that there is another version of the Pathfinder 3.5 ruleset being developed for Fantasy Grounds somewhere? If so, could you kindly point me in the right direction? This technical stuff is a bit challenging!

Yes, as has been mentioned above when you start a campaign with 3.5E you will get a choice between 3.5E and PFRPG. Selecting PFRPG will make the necessary changes to reflect the Pathfinder RPG system.