PDA

View Full Version : Experienced player looking to try this format...

Doublenix
June 2nd, 2011, 23:45
Hello everyone!

First off, let me say that there is a pretty nice community over here. I've read through a number of posts and am happy that the group here is a friendly bunch.

As for me, I'm looking to get back into gaming and I think something here would be right up my alley. I have experience with a couple systems (mostly D&D, Rifts, dabbled in others), and playing in person, PbP, and Pbem. I'm willing to try any system as long as the group is willing to handhold for a couple sessions. I'm in the GMT-5 time zone, but can be open to a number of times if voice isn't needed, (voice would be weekend only). I prefer long games over one-shots, high customization over vanilla characters, and a tendency to make odd characters. I could give examples, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense without some context. I'm a (mostly) mature player with about 15 years experience both as a player and DM.

If any groups need another, give me a shout. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

ronnke
June 3rd, 2011, 00:59
If you are interested, I run a regular weekend session of either Traveller or Shadowrun. We alternate between the 2 campaigns, and will from time to time run one shot game of something else. The links in my sig have info on the various games.

Doublenix
June 3rd, 2011, 02:52
Shadowrun would be a bit easier for me to pick up on due to familiarity via the old Genesis and SNES games. Traveller would be a lot more difficult for me to try my hand at for sure. However, I am willing to try either one or both. Let me know what I need to do to get started and any preferences you would have for a newbie character-wise and I'll get cracking.

ronnke
June 3rd, 2011, 03:20
If you want to have a go at either or both games then the best thing will be for you to pick up a pre-generated character, with the view of personalising that character or later making your own.

Submit a request to join within the FG calendar for the respective game. Once accepted you will have access to some additional information on the games, and we can go from there.

Traveller calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=482

Shadowrun calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=616

Nestor
June 15th, 2011, 16:50
if you are interested in a 4e D&D campaign here is a link to my Red Box starter set campaign, we are about 1/2 way done, but you can jump in

I will be starting up a long term session after the Red Box completes (i am just working out the kinks)

here is the calendar link
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=638

I have plenty of pre gen characters you can jump on

CAPryde
June 15th, 2011, 19:54
I run a Deadlands game on Monday afternoons. We use voice, but we handle character interactions using in-game chat, so you wouldn't have to speak as a player--just listen with a set of headphones. If you are interested, drop me a PM or sign up on the Game Calendar.