PDA

View Full Version : New, Looking For D&D3.5E Game

inthezone123
June 2nd, 2011, 06:49
Hi, I'm totally new to FantasyGrounds, and I'd like to meet some people and get playing! I live in Central Time and am available most weekdays and on the weekends.

Vishera
June 3rd, 2011, 15:39
yeah same here.. Ive YET to play 3.5 on fg!

Jark
June 4th, 2011, 14:25
same here lol. I'm in central time zone and available on weekends. Maybe someone can run a "newbie" game for us

Blahness98
June 4th, 2011, 17:43
If I wasn't absorbed in making my Cyberpunk rule set, I would attempt to do a demo game. There are sometimes one shot games that appear from time to time. Just keep your eye out here and depending on the type of game you want to play, that specific forum. Hopefully you all find a game.

And in case no one has said this... Welcome to all of you.

CameronRAWR
June 6th, 2011, 01:41
i would be down to join too, we just need a DM

AdamantiteDM
June 6th, 2011, 03:00
I would be interested in a game of 3.5 so I can see how FG works. I am really interested in Pathfinder though. I just can't get the addons to work property.

inthezone123
June 6th, 2011, 20:49
Well it looks like we have enough people that wanna play, we just need a DM.

CameronRAWR
June 6th, 2011, 21:21
i have DMed before on a tabletop but never FG, i wanted to be a player at least once before i DMed on it

AdamantiteDM
June 6th, 2011, 21:23
My PathFinder ruleset is working.

Let's get a 3.5 game going! Who will DM? I want to see FG2 at its best. Will someone with vast amounts of FG2 DM experience please assist us?

I have a ventrilo server I pay for personally. We will use it for voice communication.

Trenloe
June 9th, 2011, 08:57
Let's get a 3.5 game going! Who will DM? I want to see FG2 at its best. Will someone with vast amounts of FG2 DM experience please assist us?

It's possible I could run a one-shot Pathfinder game using the D20_JPG ruleset and Pathfinder extension V8.3. I have ran the Pathfinder Society scenario #1 - Silent Tide in FG before and so it's basically ready to go. It will take 4-5 hours to play.

The main difficulty would be when to play - I'm in Australia (GMT+10) so would probably have to be a weekend sometime, with my Saturday morning being US Friday evening.

Anyone interested? If you are, what times (include the timezone you're in) are people generally available over the weekend?

AdamantiteDM
June 9th, 2011, 14:58
I am VERY interested. My friend in real life just got FG2 also. Count us in. I am not accustomed to all these time zone conversions LOL. We are American, central time zone. We would very happily sit down at like 5-6pm on Fri night and run 4-5 (or 10) hours straight.

We are willing to play Fighter & Cleric. We just need 2 additional players.

Who is willing to play a ROGUE or a WIZARD or a class that substitutes their role?

Trenloe
June 10th, 2011, 02:08
I am VERY interested. My friend in real life just got FG2 also. Count us in. I am not accustomed to all these time zone conversions LOL. We are American, central time zone. We would very happily sit down at like 5-6pm on Fri night and run 4-5 (or 10) hours straight.

Very late notice I know: I'm available to run this from around 6pm Central Friday 10th (I can start a little later than this), or from 6pm Central Saturday 11th.

If we can't get enough people together in time for this, I will suggest some times over the coming weekend - but I'm quite busy for the next 2 weekends. I'm free this weekend as some plans have been cancelled at the last minute...

Trenloe
June 10th, 2011, 02:20
For those interested in the Pathfinder demo I've been mentioning, this is the setup I will use:

- Fantasy Grounds V2.7.6 full or lite - this is the current release version, not the new test version mentioned on the forums (V2.8). If you are running V2.8, please "downgrade" to V2.7.6 before the game - we MUST all be on the same version!
- We will use mostly voice via Ventrillo if AdamantiteDM is playing (as we can use his server) or Skype. Please make sure you have a working microphone etc. Recommendation: use a headset with a mic - this reduces feedback for the other players and makes for a much better game allround.
- We'll use some FG text chat, but will run most of the session over voice.

That's all we should need. I will be using the d20_JPG ruleset and the Pathfinder V8.3 extension. These will be downloaded to FG when you connect as a player. If you want to familiarise yourself beforehand check this post for details of ruleset, extension and modules you can download and setup in FG:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...0&postcount=90

The ruleset and extension is required if you want to setup your character in FG before the game.

To speed things up, I will have a few characters available for use on the FG server. If you would like to use your own, it may be better to send me the character sheet and I will enter this in FG so you can use it straight away (this will speed up many aspects of the game).

Characters:

All characters should be level 1. If you are creating a new character, you can use the Pathfinder Society guidelines (available in the Pathfinder Society section on the Paizo website). This is not essential, but does give a few perks - such as 20 point buy for statistics (the "standard" is usually 15 points)...

Jark
June 10th, 2011, 14:21
I'm available this weekend, but not the next. I'm in US Central time zone as well, but 5-6 on Friday is a bit too early for me. Sunday is best, but i could do Saturday night, or maybe start around 7 on Friday.

Sixstringer
June 11th, 2011, 04:04
I am new to FG2 and I am in Central US time zone.
I would be interested in getting a game going as well.

ThePirateKing
June 12th, 2011, 14:26
I may be interested in DM'ing for you guys, i have a decent amount of exp with FG2. im also in central time. i can usually play anyday anytime til 9pm since i work night shift. so if you guys are still interested post who is and when you'd like to play most and we can see where we get to from there.