PDA

View Full Version : How do I update?

ShotGun Jolly
June 1st, 2011, 11:26
Ok, silly question..

I purchased Savage worlds ruleset V3 several months back, and I see V3.1 is now available and read V3.2 is on the way.. So, how do I upgrade my version?

Thanks

VenomousFiligree
June 1st, 2011, 11:36
If you redownload from where you purchased it, it should be the current version (3.1).

3.2 is still being worked on at the moment.

ShotGun Jolly
June 1st, 2011, 11:44
I got it from here, so just go through the motions as if I was purchasing it a 2nd time? As I dont think I have that email notice anymore.

Edit: Ahh, still had the email with the link, was able to download it again and its 3.1... thanks!

Leonal
June 1st, 2011, 11:46
You should have the order in your order history. Check the link at the bottom of the store page.

ShotGun Jolly
June 1st, 2011, 12:04
Thanks for the help all! everything worked out well.

One last question, is there a Savage World user guide out there, with a list of all the chat commands?

I thought I knew what they were, but I cant even bring up in the /help menu.. it was in a different ruleset that I had, but figured it wouldve been standard from ruleset to ruleset maybe?

phantomwhale
June 2nd, 2011, 10:02
There isn't too much standard from ruleset to ruleset - this allows deeper customization of ruleset behavior - but also means neglected rulesets can lack seemingly basic features.

I picked up SW at v3.0 and pushed out v3.1 primarily as a "patch the bugs" release. However, I am now working on v3.2 primarily as a "bring it up to speed" release, which will include adding in many seemingly basic or common features from other rulesets, such as a /help menu.

Not in front of my FGII PC to check, but slash commands include "/id", "/mod", "/w" and "/wg". Oh, and "/die reveal" is a standard one for me - reveals all GM dice rolls.

Pretty sure a better list is in the forums. Equally, if you want to keep up with SW development, there is a development blog here : https://sw4fg2.tumblr.com/

P.s. assuming your the ShotGun Jolly from the NADA site who wrote the Car Wars module for Vassal, then I take my hat off to you sir for your services to the fine game of Car Wars !

ShotGun Jolly
June 2nd, 2011, 22:19
Wow.. Thanks.. that is me :) Car Wars Nut and all.. Trust me, if I knew how to use XML or had time to learn it, I would make a carwars mod for FG..

But then again, thanks.. And thanks again for your work on the savage worlds mod.. fantastic job!