PDA

View Full Version : Gurps!

marcus_egan
June 1st, 2011, 07:07
Is there any interest out there for a GURPS fantasy (probably Banestorm) or Transhuman Space game?

Herodian
June 1st, 2011, 08:05
Is there any interest out there for a GURPS fantasy (probably Banestorm) or Transhuman Space game?

I'm interested! Dependent upon schedule, of course.

ronnke
June 1st, 2011, 10:13
I'm interested! Dependent upon schedule, of course.

ditto on that

Gigermann
June 1st, 2011, 15:11
Possibly, schedule-dependent

Dakadin
June 1st, 2011, 16:25
Yes I would be interested depending on when you plan on doing it.

Morbius
June 1st, 2011, 23:00
hell yes interested.

marcus_egan
June 2nd, 2011, 07:04
Fantastic! Glad to see there's some interest.

I work a semi traditional schedule and I live on the West Coast US. I play in Ronnke's Traveller game with many of you and he and I are talking about possibly using the same timeslot and alternating in some fashion.

The focus will still be on the Traveller game, but I figure this will give Ronnke a chance to play and would give me a chance to GM more. win win...

What setting interests you guys? As I've told Ronnke, I'm running an in person, every other week, Transhuman game on Thursday's at about 6pm PST. I could also run a FG game on alternating Thursdays.

Transhuman, Banestorm, Reign of STeel, Traveller (unrelated to Ronnke's), modern day, near future....

I'm open to many different ideas!

marcus_egan
June 2nd, 2011, 07:25
I see advantages in all of these settings.

If we played in a Banestorm game, it would obviously be a big change of pace from the futuristic settings. Also, I ran a game where Ronnke was basically the captain of a group in Northern Caithness. We could continue that and I'd be cool with it. I have tons of FG tokens and material for this world.

A Transhuman game, is probably my slight preference, because it would help me flesh out the world I'm running in person on Thursday's and vice versa...

Reign of Steel is just different... and a very unexplored setting.

Traveller in another time and another place without any large scale universe affecting plot lines could fit well into Ronnke's current game... imho.

lots of options!

Morbius
June 2nd, 2011, 13:50
just read a little bit about each one - transhuman looks pretty cool.

thursdays could work for me.

Gigermann
June 2nd, 2011, 15:00
It would make more sense to alternate with a Fantasy game, for variety's sake. That said, I've never gotten to really mess with THS or RoS, so I'd be cool with that.

Hope it doesn't squash the Shadowrun game, though—was just starting to get into that one :P

Herodian
June 2nd, 2011, 20:41
Banestorm and Transhuman Space both sound cool to me, and each would give me an excuse to buy a new book :P Honestly I'm up for anything Gurps at all, though.

6pm pacific works for me M-F (and Saturday if you're trading weeks with Ronnke)

marcus_egan
June 3rd, 2011, 00:03
So i've talked with Ronnke some more and he thinks it's best, and i agree, to discuss in in person after Satuday's session.

I may end up trying to run something on alternate Thursdays as well as a side show to Ronnke's game. I most certainly don't want to stop or take away the Shadowrun game. One of my motivations is to try and give Ronnke a break from GM'ing though. I don't think he could make a Thursday 6pst game.

As of right now, I'm thinking of running a Transhuman game every other Thursday that would tie into the game i'm running in person on the alternating Thursdays.

Then on Saturdays when Ronnke isn't ready or wants a break, I could run a fantasy game.

thoughts?

Herodian
June 3rd, 2011, 02:20
thoughts?
Ronnke mentioned he'd enjoy a chance at some non-GM play time, so I'm sure you two will work something out.

As for your every-other-Thursday game, I'm interested in that too.

ronnke
June 3rd, 2011, 02:58
Some non GM play time would be great. I'm easy, so I will roll with whatever everyone else wants to do.

marcus_egan
June 3rd, 2011, 06:01
Cool.

I'll start putting some notes together...

marcus_egan
June 11th, 2011, 07:51
update...

Just got together for the first in person Transhuman game. I'm also running a Banestorm game alongside the Traveller and Shadowrun game that Ronnke is running on Saturday. We're going to run an adventure in each setting, usually a few sessions each, and rotate accordingly.

Down the road I plan to do an online Transhuman game but for now I want to focus on making these two games until I get into a rhythm with each.

Thanks for your interest and stay tuned! This might happen pretty soon....

Thanks.