PDA

View Full Version : (C&C) First an intro module, then Forgotten Realms...

Ozreth
May 27th, 2011, 09:08
Hey all. New to Fantasy Grounds and looking to run a Castles & Crusades game. As I've never used either of these I would first run a level 1 intro module. If all goes well I would most likely turn it into an ongoing Forgotten Realms game.

Interested? Looking to play Tuesday or Thursday evenings, or maybe Sunday.

damned
May 27th, 2011, 14:30
Ozreth - you need to tell us what timezone YOU are in :)

Ozreth
May 28th, 2011, 02:19
Doh! MST. Any other noobs interested?

Nestor
May 28th, 2011, 14:31
I would be good for Thursday's

7:00 pm (mt, -7 gmt) or after would work for me

Ozreth
May 29th, 2011, 02:32
Cool! Are younew to either C&C or fantasy grounds?

Morbius
May 29th, 2011, 05:21
new to C&C - played my first RPG last month thru FG. like playing an elf/wizard even though i'm a disaster at it.

Ozreth
May 29th, 2011, 10:03
Cool! Well, thats 1 player, need 3 more :)

Nestor
May 29th, 2011, 14:16
I have never played C&C, but i am somewhat familiar with FGII.

Ozreth
May 29th, 2011, 19:53
Cool, two down, two to go!

Are you both realms fans?

Nestor
May 29th, 2011, 20:59
do you have a calendar entry set up yet?

Ozreth
May 30th, 2011, 17:49
Do now! Although I can't figure out how to put a play time in. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=640

dr_venture
May 30th, 2011, 19:42
Hey Oz, I might be up for it. I'm there in theory at least - I'm just very wary of over-committing myself, and I know it's a drag having players drop out. I need to see when the games will be scheduled before I commit. My son's out of school on June 9, so at least I won't be getting up early in the mornings for a few months. Post your play schedule and I'll see if I can at least join in for your intro. I'm in Pacific time - work at home, so I can be available on a fairly flexible schedule.

FWIW, I'm relatively new to both C&C & FG, but I've been running my son through some converted D20 adventures for a few months now. Been playing AD&D since the early 80's, so I'm familiar with the old school style gaming :) I've also done a little bit of FG ruleset mod-ing, so I have a clue there, but that's about all you could say.

Fair warning: I do have the C&C ruleset & intro module - I've looked through it a bit, so I kinda know what's there, but I've never run it and by no means know it in any detail - I mainly have a general idea of some locations & types of creatures. FWIW, I've played & DMed AD&D for years, and I'm happy to feign ignorance of anything I should happen to remember about the module.

I wouldn't mind finding a regular campaign that I fit into and enjoy, though my initial interest is in seeing if my satellite Internet connection will work ok in playing in a game. I've done a little testing with some folks, and it looks like it should work Ok. Also, I've never just joined into a remote game and played as a player, so that sounds like fun.

Heathen
May 31st, 2011, 06:08
I would LOVE to play! I need to know times though, my timezone is MDT-6. I am new to C&C and FG. I have played various pnp's - D&D 4E, Shadowrun, AD&D 2E(my favorite), and a tiny game of GURPS. 21 Years old, working a graveyard 9pm-5am shift at FedEx Ground =)

I hope this works for you guys.

++Monday / Thursday / Friday++
4pm-8pm (my time)

++Saturday++
Any time

++Sunday++
any time before about 6pm but in some cases 9pm

My question now is, do I need to buy this -> https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=DGA045 ???

Sorcerer
May 31st, 2011, 07:31
Heathen

you don't need to buy the ruleset, any files that you need will be transfered to you when you log onto the game.

The only thing you need is a lite license or greater for FG, and if the host has an Ultimate license you don't even need that.

Heathen
May 31st, 2011, 09:56
I have a full license. Thank you for your reply Sorcerer! :) How do I login to the game? Do I have to be 'invited'? Or is it only available when the GM/story teller/DM etc. is hosting it?

Sorcerer
May 31st, 2011, 11:00
I suppose I should leave that to Ozreth to answer about the exact process - since its his game! -

but to answer the question - the game is only available when the DM is hosting it. This is because the connection is between your PC and his. The FG website doesn't interfere - unless he choses to use an "alias" , and then all that means is that the FG site tells your computer where his is without revealing his actual IP address to you.

essentially if he says you can play, he will inform you of the time and sent you either an IP address or an alias ( a randomly generated phrase which is much easier to remember than an IP address) which you then enter in the "Join Game" screen of FG, along with a login name of your choosing.

you then press the connect/join button and off you go..

First time connections are usually slow because this is the point where all the ruleset files you need are sent over the internet to you. For that reason some DM's want you to connect a day or so before the actual game so that it goes smoothly at the appointed hour.

Depending in how the DM runs things, when you login you might be presented with a choice of characters, you might be invited to roll a character, or if he's really nice (and I never do this) he might allow you to import a character you have created yourself in local mode.

anyway you can register your interest in this game over at the Game calander - Ozreth has provided the link above - or you can wait here to see if he answers the "Timing Question".

dr_venture
May 31st, 2011, 17:07
One note on my front that may nix me: I can't do Skype/voice or video. My satellite connection restricts me to a text-only game. Let me know if that's a problem.

Heathen
May 31st, 2011, 19:34
Thank you once again, Sorcerer. This cleared my head that has been running in circles trying to figure out exactly how it all worked. Really appreciate you helping me understand.

Ozreth
May 31st, 2011, 20:01
Hey guys! Sorry for my delay in responses! I've been on vacation but will be home tonight and will respond to everybody. I'm gonna try to have everything finalized this week and the game ready to go next week.

dr_venture
June 11th, 2011, 05:42
Hey Oz, any word on your game? Anything we can do to expedite, like roll characters or something? (maybe use one of those web-based die rolling do-hickeys if you want to be able to watch for fair rolling). If so, any guidelines on char types, etc?

Sixstringer
June 13th, 2011, 00:01
I am new to FG2, new to CnC, but have been playing and DMing PnP DnD for over 20 years.

The only apprehension I might have is that 7:30 MST might be just a little too early for me.

Tisben
July 28th, 2011, 02:09
Hey OZ,

I would be interested as well.

Have you decided the day and time yet?

Take care,

Tis