PDA

View Full Version : Red Box Campaign

Nestor
May 27th, 2011, 04:01
Ruleset: 4e
level 1: from any core book, or DDI character gen
time: Wed June1st, 8:00 PM cst (-6 gmt) i am a bit flexable
we will go to at least 11:00 pm cst (-6gmt), and it will probably take 2-4 sessions.

I have made some maps and entered the encounters for the 4e Starter Set, commonly known as the Red Box.

This will be my 1st time as a DM so there will be a learning curve. If you are a DM and want to join a short run campaign i would love to have you (i am sure i will have questions about FG)

Please make a character and pm it to me and I will set it up.

thanks

here is calendar link

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=638

Morbius
May 27th, 2011, 23:44
i'm fairly new to rpg's and FG as well. been wanting to try a 4e game. for some insane reason i chose to learn by playing a wizard - it's a such cool character to play! be great to get a regular group going.

do you use voice, chat, or both?

Nestor
May 28th, 2011, 00:40
it will be a combo of voice and chat

We will most likely use skype,

someone other than me needs to originate the voice chat.

Skype can bogg down the host server in FGII.

Maruthekitteh
May 29th, 2011, 19:29
I would be glad to play :), but im not sure if i would be able to do voice. I am able to do regular chat though :D. And I have sent you my new character person, hopefully its all works out.

Edit:
I got voice, :3

Nestor
May 29th, 2011, 21:01
voice will make things go much smoother

this is all you need

headset with microphone ($10-$15 at wal-mart)
skype account (its free)

RRTrueHeart
May 29th, 2011, 21:40
I would love to play.
However Wed and Fri are bad days for me.
I will make a character (human Paladin) and PM it to you.
I will also add you as a friend so I can find you easily.
Thanks for the opportunity.
The Character sheet will come today or tomorrow.

Maruthekitteh
May 30th, 2011, 04:26
kk all set for Wednesday :D

Edit

Alright, NOW im ready.

WittyDroog
May 30th, 2011, 10:58
I'm looking to get my feet wet with the FG software, if you need another player (though your calander looks mighty full) I'd like to tip my hat in.

I'm familiar with 4th ed, at least when it came out, but I take no claim to being any expert in it.

That said I'm willing to fill whatever role you need, I'm very flexible character wise.

Nestor
May 30th, 2011, 13:09
go ahead and sign up, typical there are no shows, or people have technical difficulties and cant play

WittyDroog
May 31st, 2011, 00:15
Sure thing, how would you prefer the character be sent to you? Text? Character Builder File (uploaded for download)?

I'm just going to do a simple Half-Orc Fighter, Two-Weapon style.

Morbius
May 31st, 2011, 04:13
ive created a character - its in dnd4e format - does that work for you?

Nestor
May 31st, 2011, 16:06
I just added a game calendar entry on how to convert DDI characters and get me the character sheet via a 3rd party server

post questions here

Maruthekitteh
June 1st, 2011, 02:21
:D 2 marrow!

WittyDroog
June 1st, 2011, 10:49
Hey so I'm having two problems:
1) The DDI Importer isn't working, it keeps saying that I'm missing the Catalog.mod
2) FG is having trouble updating, I'm trying to figure it out but it keeps hanging up on some .png files. I might just have to try joining and see if it'll work.

Basically, tomorrow might be a bit white knuckled.

Nestor
June 15th, 2011, 16:46
We had a guy drop out, if anyone is interested, wed night 8:00 Pm cst send me a pm.

this campaign has about 3 - 4 weeks left, then i will be starting a long term campaign

WittyDroog
June 15th, 2011, 21:57
Who did we lose?

Nestor
June 15th, 2011, 23:26
doc morbious,

he jumped ship for a long term campaign

Morbius
June 16th, 2011, 00:09
i jumped ship because the game started too late for me.

Nestor
June 16th, 2011, 01:17
this happens when you have people who live in different areas of the country (and world)

this is a short term campaign, really just to let me get the hang of dming before i kick off my other long term campaign

we may have more people come and go before we finish

I have found another extension of this adventure module and i am in the process of entering it into FGII, so the red Box may continue for a few more weeks past what i initially thought. I need more time to finish writing for my main campaign, and i need to start recruiting as well

Morbious if you want to come back just send me a pm the door is wide open, no problem

Maruthekitteh
June 16th, 2011, 20:36
extension :D, awsome!

Again, im game for anything :3