PDA

View Full Version : Some things to fix

Magnatude
May 26th, 2011, 21:07
So far...

Links in the rules library cannot be accessed by players, however as the GM I have no probs.

There doesnt appear to be any drag-drop functions. or ability to roll a lot of rolls on the character sheets.

Skills point assignments are messed up, as a GM I have to unlock and assign points for the players manually.

I'll post more findings as thing pop up...

EDIT:
When opening the Combat tracker:
Script Error: [string "combattracker_entry:ac"]:1: attempt to index global 'touchnode' (a nil value)

Magnatude
May 28th, 2011, 07:57
Also Add:

Portraits need to be accessible
No ability for DM to make notes
(all the shortcuts for these require CTRL+, but cannot use as it prompts the Quick-roll macro boxes)

Moon Wizard
May 31st, 2011, 22:15
Magnatude,

Thanks for your feedback and investigation on these items.

Iron Heroes was one of the first rulesets built for FG2, back when FG2 was released. Given that, it doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles that our newer rulesets do. (i.e. GM notes, drag and drop, double click rolling)

Since activity on Iron Heroes has been historically weak (both sales and forum), we probably will not be adding features at this point.

Given that, Doug plans to review a few of the older rulesets once v2.8 with the updated 3.5E ruleset launches to see if he can migrate some of the older rulesets as extensions, in order to take advantage of the new features. We won't know if that will be possible until v2.8 is out, and he has a chance to review with the final version.

Regards,
JPG

Magnatude
June 1st, 2011, 18:42
Well, is it possible just to get the Link features enabled for the Players to read the library material? Thats all I'm really asking...

After all, I did buy a lot of stuff from you guys... (Full version, Iron heroes ruleset and addons, Arcana Evolved, Savage worlds 3, Slipstream, BRP, BRP addons, Cthulu and addons, Castle and Crusades, Rolemaster classic, Foundation...)

Moon Wizard
June 1st, 2011, 18:58
Once I get the next v2.8 test version out, let me take a look to see if we can create a quick patch extension for that one.

Thanks for your understanding,
JPG

Magnatude
June 6th, 2011, 10:02
Man that would be really awesome!
Also one more thing needs to be fixed...

The Combat tracker, the Personalities do not transfer their "AC" (Defense in Iron Heroes) to the tracker, though it does work for the Players in the CT. If someone has an easy script fix, please let me know and I'll adjust the scripting.