PDA

View Full Version : [Parser] Magic items module - how should this work?

DNH
May 24th, 2011, 16:19
I am in the process of preparing for my game to resume shortly and I was hoping to use Tenian's parser to create a magic items library module for it. But I have been experiencing something weird. Essentially, I keep getting double entries of various items.

What I have been trying to do is parse a library module of what magic items the party currently has (they are 5th level). When I parse this, I keep them out of the Library and place them in Items instead. I then pass these items on to the characters via drag-and-drop.

When I next open the Items window though, and certainly if I reparse the module, I seem to have a second entry for these items (in Items) and I can't see why. Is this because I am handing the entry off to a character? Is it because I am reparsing? Is it something else?

I suppose what I really want is to be able to create a module, using the parser, that I can update and expand, that will include any and all and only the magic items that I award to the characters and that doesn't fill up with duplicates.

Any thoughts? Sorry I can't chase this behaviour down any further at the moment.

GMTroll
June 15th, 2011, 17:44
When you open a module that has entries in Items these will automatically be displayed in the Items panel along side any items created directly within the campaign file.

It is most likely that theres is one copy of the item in the campaign file and one in the module.

Create a new campaign and open your module. If you still get duplicates in the Items panel then the problem is the module.

The same applies for Story, Image, Encounter and Personalities / NPC entries in modules that are not in the library section of the module.