PDA

View Full Version : No indication of Drop Out

VenomousFiligree
May 24th, 2011, 07:08
I had 2 drop outs in my last session. Both times FG stayed up and I only new that I wasn't connected as we were using voice and I heard the GM comment on rolls that I hadn't seen. Shouldn't FG *do something* to let me know I'm not connected? :confused:

Moon Wizard
May 24th, 2011, 07:31
The next version of FG will actually poll the connection every 15 seconds to ensure that the connection is still open. If it detects a broken connection, it will attempt to reconnect for up to one minute, before resetting back to the launcher screen.

I just pushed the new version into public testing, but I know it will need some shake down time before it's ready to go live.

Also, you might check out the thread on disconnects in the House of Healing, if you haven't already.

Thanks,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
May 24th, 2011, 08:33
My problem is that FG doesn't let me know I'm not connected...

Moon Wizard
May 24th, 2011, 09:44
I did some research on the networking. Since the Internet communication protocol does not actually track "connections", polling will allow the application to more quickly detect when the connection to the host is lost.

If you lose connection to the host, the new version will let you know that it has lost connection, and attempt to reconnect.

Regards,
JPG