PDA

View Full Version : Updating the Warhammer V2 ruleset.

grimm182
May 24th, 2011, 01:17
I am in a 3.5 game using the d20_JPG, which is a nice feature based ruleset.

What I would like to see is some of these features in the Warhammer v2 ruleset by Nezzir....

The portrait/token slot on the main character sheet.
The ability to drag weapons into the combat sheet.
The ability to have talents & special abilities use the hot-box (so that players can click and see its description.

Is this something that can be converted/copied from one ruleset to another?

A more advanced idea i have would be an extension to alter the player stats between V1 and V2...so two seperate rulesets would not have to be needed.

All thoughts and feedback are welcomed.

neilgfoster
May 24th, 2011, 10:37
Adding a token control on the main character sheet would be very straightforward - just a case of finding a space on the sheet somewhere!

As for the other two, I suppose it would depend on how close Nezzir's ruleset is to D20_JPG to determine if things can be just copied. I'm pretty sure you should be able to convert the functionality if required, its just a matter of examining how its done in D20_JPG and making the same changes in to WFRP v2.

With regards to your other suggestion about an extension to convert stats between V1 and V2 - do you mean the WFRP v1 and WFRP v2 rulesets? If so, then I do not think that would be feasible - there are some fundamental differences in the rules between v1 and v2. If I remember right, even a characters profile is slightly different. I wrote and support the V1 ruleset, so if there's something missing, just let me know.

Dictator
May 25th, 2011, 07:52
The ability to have talents & special abilities use the hot-box (so that players can click and see its description.

This thing I have done myself by copiing code from Psy-abilitys part of char-sheet and with little clearing by hands =)

About othet things I have no idea, but appriciate em :)

grimm182
May 26th, 2011, 23:13
Anyone want to take a stab at coding the doable parts?
beg/bribe/barter work?

neilgfoster
June 1st, 2011, 11:54
I would give it a go, but am currently finishing of the ruleset for the 3rd edition of WFRP - Maybe once I have finished I can have a look at WFRP v2.

Does anyone know who now 'owns' this ruleset? It was originally created by Nezzir, but I am unaware of any recent changes by him or anyone else.

drahkar
June 1st, 2011, 13:11
Nezzir never passed on the codebase after he stopped developing it. I believe I have a complete set of the code he last worked on for this and Dark Heresy somewhere. I was going to look at it, but haven't had the time due to working on a commercial Ruleset.

I believe the code he sent me has some more development done on it than the last official release he posted. I'll PM him and see if he minds me passing it over to you.

grimm182
June 1st, 2011, 23:05
Let me know how i can help out...other than code-work. :)

WittyDroog
June 2nd, 2011, 23:26
I fully advocate any attempt to improve the WHRP 2e ruleset, it's my favorite game system and I would kill for some of the fancier features the 4E ruleset has.

Blue Haven
June 7th, 2011, 14:09
Yeah the good old ruleset needs some changes :) i made some myself but nothing major...we need an extreme makeover eh eh

grimm182
June 11th, 2011, 23:02
Well in an effort to generate more interest in updating the V2 ruleset...
I have done the following to my ruleset, I am interested in what others have done...:https://i55.tinypic.com/nyy6ts.jpg
Custom Re-skin of Toolset
Added Warhammer based portraits
Custom Warhammer Tokens
Converted Calendar Extenstion to Imperial Calendar
Added Ruleset code for Portraits in Chat
Converted the following adventures to FG2:
A Walk in the Drakwald
Ashes of Middenheim (WIP)
Pretty Things
The Haunting Horror
The Oldenhaller Contract (for V2)
With a Little Help from my Friends
Through the Drakwald

I know theres at least two other code changes that were updated by a friend of mine...but what they were escapes me now....might be with Combat Tracker.

WittyDroog
June 12th, 2011, 06:21
That's very impressive, may I steal that from you? PM me if you may honor me with such. I like the background (though I DID like the original as well)

Blue Haven
June 14th, 2011, 13:19
Well in an effort to generate more interest in updating the V2 ruleset...
I have done the following to my ruleset, I am interested in what others have done...:https://i55.tinypic.com/nyy6ts.jpg
Custom Re-skin of Toolset
Added Warhammer based portraits
Custom Warhammer Tokens
Converted Calendar Extenstion to Imperial Calendar
Added Ruleset code for Portraits in Chat
Converted the following adventures to FG2:
A Walk in the Drakwald
Ashes of Middenheim (WIP)
Pretty Things
The Haunting Horror
The Oldenhaller Contract (for V2)
With a Little Help from my Friends
Through the Drakwald

I know theres at least two other code changes that were updated by a friend of mine...but what they were escapes me now....might be with Combat Tracker.

What do you mean with this??
And you´re right the other changes were on the CT :) ohh and you changed the color of the token corruption box :)

Sillius
June 14th, 2011, 19:48
Say, my players can't seem to see the combat tracker. Am I doing something wrong?

grimm182
June 15th, 2011, 02:20
"Added Warhammer based portraits means" = i made a few portraits for my players to use...plus i have found some warhammer ones from others on the interwebs.

nothing terribly skilled there as i used token tool.

grimm182
June 16th, 2011, 01:04
Someone should verify this, but as far as i know...with the warhammer ruleset, players dont see the combat tracker.

Dictator
June 16th, 2011, 07:54
Yes. It is so. Should they?

Blue Haven
June 16th, 2011, 20:49
If i remember it well the CT is only for the GM...but to be honest i don´t remember if players could see it...i always play it as a GM and not as a player...

WittyDroog
June 16th, 2011, 22:21
If the combat tracker is hidden will it at least inform players when it's they're turn or will you have to do that manually?

grimm182
June 17th, 2011, 01:00
I believe some rulesets allow the players to see some information in the Tracker.
When the GM puts the turn marker on a player slot in the tracker it will put a notification in the chat window so the player knows it their turn.

WittyDroog
June 17th, 2011, 01:05
Alright so it would be manual, then again if they can't see the tracker I don't know how they would advance the tracker in the first place. So that's settled.

What about the Calander Extension? It's really nifty looking but I'm not sure of it's application and how it's properly used.

Blue Haven
June 17th, 2011, 14:54
Alright so it would be manual, then again if they can't see the tracker I don't know how they would advance the tracker in the first place. So that's settled.

What about the Calander Extension? It's really nifty looking but I'm not sure of it's application and how it's properly used.

I don´t understand what you mean with that but like we said the GM control the CT so after the players roll for Initiative the CT is all yours so...how do they advance the tracker??? the rest is auto...

WittyDroog
June 17th, 2011, 23:51
In a ruleset in which the CT is open to all players, the player can tap a little arrow to "advance" it to the next person's turn. It's basically a "My turn's done" button.

But if they can't see the CT, obviously there would be no button for them to push.

grimm182
June 18th, 2011, 12:30
A few questions about the calendar...copied from the fg2wiki:

In Ikael's own words :
Campaign calendar can be used to keep track of time and date in your campaign in precision of minutes. Gamemaster can open this utility tool by typing /date slashcommand to the chat. When the campaign calendar too is opened GM may edit the time by either scrolling or drag-and-dropping numbers to the minute, hour can day field. Year can be edited by typing using the keyboard and months and weekdays can be edited by holding ALT down and either clicking or scrolling on the field. Gamemaster may also reset the date and time by typing /resetdate slashcommand to the chat.
By default the campaign calendar uses gregorian calendarsystem, but you can setup any other calendarsystem by making an extension. Inside the downloaded archieve file you find the campaign calendar extension itself, and two example calendar system extension: gregorian calendar and ICE's Cyradon setting calendar system.

grimm182
June 21st, 2011, 00:11
Ok, so a programming guru friend of mine is looking at making some of the automated features work in the V2 Warhammer ruleset work like they work in the 3.5 JPG ruleset...more of an fyi than anything else.

WittyDroog
June 21st, 2011, 00:13
Very cool, how does he plan to accomplish this? A d100 roll that checks against the ability you click on?

Blue Haven
June 24th, 2011, 17:09
Wow that is awesome friend!! don´t forget to share :P

nezzir
September 9th, 2011, 04:04
The rulesets I've created are at the repositories listed in my sig. You can take them and do what you will with them. If you create something cool, be sure and upload it to the site where you got the code.