PDA

View Full Version : Combat Bonuses.

Blackfoot
May 22nd, 2011, 04:56
Has anyone else noticed that the combat bonuses are a little flaky in d20_jpg?
The bonuses in the weapons area keep changing on me. I am having trouble pinning down why and when it's happening exactly.. but they change from the mini to the sheet and back again.. sometimes they 'look' right on the mini but if I click the 'attacks' space (the one with the little die picture) it rolls the wrong bonus.. and if I click on the '+' area it does it right... or the other way around... depending on what's showing. Anyway.. there seems to be a bug in there.

Phystus
May 22nd, 2011, 05:04
There is, in fact, a bug. I raised the issue on the old FUM forums, and JPG posted a fix. Let me see if I can find the original info for ya.

Edit to add:
Found it! This was cut and pasted from the old FUM forums:

added the lines (inside function onInit()), and it seemed to solve the issue on the character sheet. Thank you! I still see some oddness on the mini, though.

When I open the mini initially, the attack bonus is still +8. If I double-click the size bonus on the base attack on the main character sheet, it updates the attack correctly on the mini (attack continues to be correct on the main sheet.

Thanks for looking into this!

~P
moon_wizard, 2009-08-01 14:31:36
Thanks for the additional info. I was able to track it down. It looks like it may have been an issue for a while, not just the latest ruleset version.

It looks like any changes to the base melee or base ranged bonuses does not get reflected in the individual weapon totals until the character sheet is closed and re-opened. (i.e. BAB, Size, Misc, ...)

You can add this code snippet at line 9 of scripts/charsheet_weaponattack.lua to address:

addSource("...attackbonus.ranged.total");
addSource("...attackbonus.melee.total");

Let me know if you aren't comfortable making the change, and I can see about sending you the file to make sure it solves your issue.

Cheers,
JPG

Further edit...
There's a reference in the above to another issue I'd reported and he'd fixed, but the fix is missing. So this may not be all you need. I'll poke around tomorrow and see if I can figure out what else I had to change.

~P

Blackfoot
May 22nd, 2011, 05:31
That seems to solve it right up until you open the mini.. then it all freaks out again.

Phystus
May 22nd, 2011, 18:36
Well, I did some further digging this morning and didn't come up with any other changes I've made to the ruleset that were related to the mini. So I'm out of ideas at the moment. :(

If you can come up with a more detailed explanation of the issue, and/or some screenshots showing the problem, it might help.

~P