PDA

View Full Version : Token Scaling.

Blackfoot
May 21st, 2011, 18:18
Is there any sort of independent token scaling in this ruleset?

Token images seem to come in all sorts of sizes... is there a 'correct' image size that doesn't need independent scaling to work with the standard player tokens? OR is there a way to scale other tokens to match the PC size? I know in some of the other rulesets it is possible to scale tokens independently by using the wheel over the token in the tracker... that doesn't seem to work with this ruleset.

OK.. There is an interesting bit to this which you folks may already know about.

I quit out of the game and restarted... then I was able to use the mouse to scale the token. For some reason it doesn't seem to want to let you do it initially... a bit tweaky.

Moon Wizard
May 22nd, 2011, 08:57
It's not currently built into the ruleset as a general capability. However, you can individually scale tokens which are linked to the combat tracker (i.e. dragged from the combat tracker initially).

The general capability to scale each token is part of the next update.

Regards,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
May 22nd, 2011, 10:39
Tokens generated by FG (from the Players portrait) are 30x30 I believe, which in my opinion is too small, as most tokens people produce are 50x50 at least.

madman
May 22nd, 2011, 17:07
I use 128x128 Tokens, because they scale up for larger token Mobs A lot better. They also look good at 50 pix or whatever you need to scale them to for a map. JMHO

Chris

Griogre
May 23rd, 2011, 06:39
One bit of advice is no matter what scale you use you want all your tokens sized to it. It is annoying to have to scale individual tokens constantly.

Talen
September 30th, 2011, 17:02
Are there any plans to make the default token size (with regard to the pc frames) custimizeable? 30x30 is such an ackward size in my experience...it seems most tokens are 25x25, 50x50 or larger.

Moon Wizard
October 2nd, 2011, 08:56
Are you talking about the tokens that are created automatically when you drag the portraits from the upper left? Or, are you talking about specific token sets?

Regards,
JPG

Talen
October 2nd, 2011, 14:36
Im referring to PC tokens moved from the upperleft into the combat tracker and onto the map. I know you can resize them in the tracker, but they dont look as good as when you resize the frame. I know there's a work around, but it would be a nice to have if it was an easy fix.

Moon Wizard
October 2nd, 2011, 18:17
The way I handle it is that I make 2 copies of the file for the characters. One which is placed in the portraits folder, and the other is placed in the tokens/shared folder. That way, I can control the exact size of the tokens I am using, independent of the portraits.

The size of the token created when dragging from the upper left portrait list is controlled by the ruleset. In the updated 3.5E ruleset, I increased the portrait token size from 30x30 to 50x50. It would take someone updating other rulesets (via extension or rewrite) to make the change elsewhere.

Regards,
JPG

demonsbane
October 2nd, 2011, 23:24
The general capability to scale each token is part of the next update.

Nice. I can't wait to see that feature.

Moon Wizard
October 3rd, 2011, 00:03
This is in the current v2.8 release, and enabled in both the 3.5E and 4E rulesets. Just hold CTRL+mouse wheel on tokens to scale tokens individually, regardless of whether they are linked on the tracker.

Regards,
JPG

demonsbane
October 3rd, 2011, 00:44
This is in the current v2.8 release, and enabled in both the 3.5E and 4E rulesets. Just hold CTRL+mouse wheel on tokens to scale tokens individually, regardless of whether they are linked on the tracker.

I just tested this in the updated 2.8.1 GURPS ruleset and it works.

Awesome!

VenomousFiligree
October 5th, 2011, 22:56
The size of the token created when dragging from the upper left portrait list is controlled by the ruleset. In the updated 3.5E ruleset, I increased the portrait token size from 30x30 to 50x50. It would take someone updating other rulesets (via extension or rewrite) to make the change elsewhere.

Regards,
JPG
Whereabouts would we do this?

Thanks in advance :)

Moon Wizard
October 5th, 2011, 23:31
It is actually tied to the size of the portrait background images supplied by the ruleset.

For the 3.5E ruleset:

* Icon definitions are in graphics/graphics_misc.xml, and named "portraittoken_base" and "portraittoken_mask".

* The icon files are located in graphics/icons/ directory, and named "portrait_token.png" and "portrait_token_mask.png".

* These files have been resized to 50x50 and 46x46, respectively, for this ruleset.

Given that the characterlist.lua code in the ruleset you are interested in updating was derived from one of the FG provided rulesets, you should just need to make those icon images bigger.

Regards,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
October 7th, 2011, 09:07
Thanks, that works great :)