PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Box

Iceman
May 18th, 2011, 17:30
I am a long time DnD DMer and purchased FG2 Ultimate a few months ago. Wanted to start an FG2 suggestion/hope box for improvements to the system:

I am using the d20_JPG ruleset but these suggestions would be appropriate for any ruleset, i.e. the base FG2 program.

For encounters an XP box appears. Given that you simply drag PCs onto the box to start an encounter there should be a button to APPLY XP, whereby the XP amount is divided amongst the PCs in the box. This makes it easy to automatically apply xp for the PCs at encounter end.

Drill down tabs. Its great that I can have different colored tabs for each sub-adventure within an adventure module. However my world is so big what I really need is an option much like the LINK option but an option to LINK to a whole new set of tabs. Example: I have a link to the main storyline. Within that link I may have three dozen cities...way too much for that one link. So I should be able to link to a tab for one of those cities, where it essentially starts (links) to a whole new module...i.e. all my adventures and people specific to that city. The other stuff outside the city vanishes (less clutter) but I can just use a BACK key to get back to it when the PCs leave the city. Simply a way to get better organized.

DM and Player maps. Its great that I can use a mask to hide areas my PCs cannot see in caves and such. But overland they want to see where they are going and the terrain from here to there. But when I put a big ol' X on the map so I remember there is an encounter there, somehow my PCs manage to figure it out! I should be able to tag an icon on the map as DM View Only and the PCs would only see normal terrain. But the instance they step on that hex I can double click the icon on the map that only I see and it will open the appropriate sub-adventure. This would work equally well for a map with lots of trapped floor squares!

K...thats it for now...developers....GET TO WORK!

Moon Wizard
May 18th, 2011, 20:11
There are several wish list threads that are floating around the forums, but I keep an eye on all the forums. So, if the title looks like a suggestion or request, I always read them and keep notes. (I have quite a substantial internal list that I track.)

Thanks for the suggestions,
JPG

P.S. There was an Iceman that created token packs for the original Shackled City adventure path. Was that you, or just the same handle?

Valarian
May 18th, 2011, 20:15
DM and Player maps. Its great that I can use a mask to hide areas my PCs cannot see in caves and such. But overland they want to see where they are going and the terrain from here to there. But when I put a big ol' X on the map so I remember there is an encounter there, somehow my PCs manage to figure it out! I should be able to tag an icon on the map as DM View Only and the PCs would only see normal terrain. But the instance they step on that hex I can double click the icon on the map that only I see and it will open the appropriate sub-adventure. This would work equally well for a map with lots of trapped floor squares!
This bit sounds like the map pins - links to story items from the map.

Moon Wizard
May 18th, 2011, 20:17
Also, on the overland map suggestion, you can currently add shortcuts to a map.

To use shortcuts, you can either turn shortcuts on in the radial menu for the image (choose Layers then Shortcuts On), or you can hold the control key when viewing the image. Any link dropped on the image will create a GM only pushpin. Clicking on the pushpin will open the linked object.

Regards,
JPG

Iceman
May 18th, 2011, 22:47
The pushpins are what I am looking for however they do not appear to save with the map. As soon as I close the map and then go back to it they are gone. Which becomes problematic for large scale overland maps where it would be preferable not to have two different maps, one for the DM and one for the players. If the pushpins were persistent and would stay there between sessions but remain invisible to the players then that would work well.

Griogre
May 18th, 2011, 22:51
The pins do stay between sessions. They are just off by default. This is because typically they are only turned on when just placing them all. If you press the Ctrl key they will appear so you can click on them without turning back on the show pins option.