PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands Reloaded: Player's Guide

Ironskul
May 17th, 2011, 04:48
Posted this in the game CApryde's setting up but thought I better thought Id' put it over here as well.

I purchased the Player's Guide and installed it with SW3.1 I get the pdf in the add-on folder and the file DLR_PG.mod in the FG2 modules folder - however when I launch FG2 there is no modules available other than the basic SWEX players guide.

I'm certain I bought a full license way back when FG2 first released.

Any suggestions? Phantomwhale said he'd look into it. Also todays update didn't fix it (thought it might)

ddavison
May 17th, 2011, 06:55
Phantomwhale just pinged me and found an issue with the dependency he set on the DLRL extension. We should get the updated version out to you in a day or two. I believe he already has it fixed, I just need to test, repackage and repost.

phantomwhale
May 17th, 2011, 10:05
Yeah - no FGII update is going to fix it - it's entirely with me.

I fixed it this morning based off your report in the other thread; apologies no update in the forums, I cut pretty heavily into "should actually be doing the money earning job now" O'clock just coding and testing the fixes (there is another fix for Martial artist powers being incorrectly configured - that's covered in another forum post).

In a nutshell, I sent the modules and extension to Smiteworks without considering they might re-sell them as separate entities like the print books are. So I had written the modules to only appear within a "Deadlands extension" Savage Worlds Campaign (to prevent module clutter for those who run several different extensions and campaign worlds within SW).

Of course, when you buy the Player's Guide module (only), you don't get the Deadlands extension (as that's only needed by Marshals). So in such a case, you can't actually open the module :(

Tiny thing, big impact ! Hopefully Doug will get it out and patched up soon. Any more problems, start a new forum thread, and I'll look right into it (I have the "official" installers now, so I can more easily test what's happening).

Ironskul
May 17th, 2011, 13:28
No apologies necessary. I am impressed you located the issue so quickly. To be honest I figured I just managed to install to incorrectly somehow ;)

I bought it for conveniance and to support your efforts. It's not like I don't have the actual book to use in the interim.