PDA

View Full Version : Release v2.7.6

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2011, 01:36
Common module loading works again. Too aggressive with network optimizations.

Cheers,
JPG

phantomwhale
May 17th, 2011, 02:03
Do unregistered players need to re-download the software to upgrade their clients ?

Just told them yesterday to update to v2.7.5 on pain of not playing next week...

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2011, 02:53
Yes, unfortunately, they will need to download and re-install as well. Unless, you don't use common modules of course. It's a client-side change.

Regards,
JPG

damned
May 17th, 2011, 05:07
what does download and reinstall mean?
uninstall, download, install
download and install over top
the unregisterred clients cant just hit update?

Griogre
May 17th, 2011, 06:29
Uninstall, download, install. There is a bug with the update function and unregistered clients. Moon has said one the things next on the list to fix is this issue. Until it is fixed, your players will need to uninstall, download the update and install manually.

damned
May 17th, 2011, 06:57
sorry with the dumb questions - will uninstalling also delete the cache? will the unregisterred clients also have to re-download the campaign cache?

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2011, 07:20
I don't think you need to uninstall first, since the installer will just overwrite the files. I haven't tested in detail, but i did 3 installs back-to-back on my machine switching between unregistered and unlimited installs.

Also, uninstalling does not remove campaign/cache information.

Regards,
JPG

Nikoli
May 19th, 2011, 11:45
Hi,

My update failed with an error process manifest...the update button still pulses afterwards.

I have an ultimate licence, do I need to reinstall anything due to these issues, or just the unregistered clients? I noticed the module issue yesterday, and thought it was a player not managing the files correctly (we are just getting FG up and running for the first time).

Due to the above failure, I'm not sure if the problem is fixed for me.

Nikoli

Nikoli
May 19th, 2011, 11:52
Also, a very small thing, but I noticed I can't copy the Alias to paste to players...which I saw done in a tutorial I think.

I have to remember it! Easy enough, though.

Joe

Moon Wizard
May 20th, 2011, 06:37
We have an intermittent updater error, where some users will get the package manifest error while updating. It's not a simple error to find, and the updater is next up on the upgrade list after the upcoming v2.8 update.

The workaround is to try again until the update succeeds. Sometimes it takes several attempts.

Regards,
JPG

phantomwhale
May 20th, 2011, 06:40
Also, a very small thing, but I noticed I can't copy the Alias to paste to players...which I saw done in a tutorial I think.

I have to remember it! Easy enough, though.

Joe

+1 to that.

Seemed to have lost my Alias as well (could of been me - I'm always tinkering with something...) - generated a new one, but that was the simple part. Telling my players a dozen times is the hard part...