PDA

View Full Version : 2.7.5 Lite broken loading modules from the GM?

Trenloe
May 16th, 2011, 15:00
I've only had a chance to try this on a 2.7.5 lite client, so I don't know if it is just for the lite or a full licence too.

The problem I'm seeing is that when a player joins a campaign and the GM has shared some common modules that aren't local to the player's installation, the modules aren't fully downloaded - the .dat file in the campaign cache stops around 14-17kb in size (even though the modules are much larger). They show in the module activation screen, but as the download isn't complete they don't show in the library at all.

These modules were working fine yesterday (before I updated the lite client from 2.7.4 to 2.7.5). I've tried this with a number of modules and the result is always the same.

Has anyone noticed this too? Or is it something I've done somewhere, somehow...

Cheers,

Martin.

Valarian
May 16th, 2011, 16:40
I had a strange occurrence last night where players were unable to view a module created as common.XML (shared). The module is only around 100kb in size. I've had no problems with similar modules in the past. The module list option was set to Force (green lightning bolt).

The players reported that the module was showing as loading (web icon) the whole session (around 3hrs). They even tried disconnect and reconnect to the server.

Moon Wizard
May 16th, 2011, 20:24
Ah, it appears to be the common modules that are the culprit, which is why we didn't see it in my personal game.

I just uploaded a test release to address this. I need someone to verify that it works with a host and client on different machines, and I can push the patch.

Thanks,
JPG

Trenloe
May 17th, 2011, 00:24
I just uploaded a test release to address this. I need someone to verify that it works with a host and client on different machines, and I can push the patch.

Testing done - looks good. I've replied to the test thread in the laboratory...

Thanks for such a quick fix! :-)

Martin.

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2011, 00:44
OK, just need to generate installer for unregistered builds before I can push live.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2011, 01:37
Just pushed v2.7.6 to address common module issue.
JPG