PDA

View Full Version : Did the update screw up the module/ library?

Spikenog
May 16th, 2011, 00:25
We tried to play tonight, the GM has all of the basic books parsed and in the Library so that our powers, feats and such can be clicked on to read their information.

Since the patch, we are no longer able to click on these items to get the info...just says that the module is not loaded...but they are and they worked last Tuesday.

Any help?

Moon Wizard
May 16th, 2011, 01:54
I've been using the same modules in my 4E game for several versions, and throughout 2.7.5 testing.

More information that will help me drill in on the issue:
* Can the GM click on the links?
* Are the modules set up as host, common or client? (whomever created should know)
* If you add a new power from a module, does the link work?

Thanks,
JPG

Spikenog
May 16th, 2011, 14:06
Thank for responding.

The GM can click and open the links.
They are all set as common.
We've not tried "rebuilding" the sheets with new powers to see if that works but I am suspecting it will not.

We tried with two different GMs. First to check to see if I had entered them right. The connected player could not click on power or feats without it telling him the module was not loaded.

So, we checked in his game, the game that has been going on for a couple of months now, and all of use being able to click on the links from his modules, and it did not work.

Moon Wizard
May 16th, 2011, 20:24
Ah, it appears to be the common modules that are the culprit, which is why we didn't see it in my personal game.

I just uploaded a test release to address this. I need someone to verify that it works with a host and client on different machines, and I can push the patch.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2011, 01:38
Just pushed v2.7.6 to address common module issue.
JPG

Spikenog
May 17th, 2011, 12:39
Sweet. Thanks a ton!

Spikenog
May 17th, 2011, 13:45
Hearing from our GM that this did not work for him when he tested the new patch.

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2011, 19:35
I was able to replicate the issue of clients not seeing common module data on my dev environment, and that's the patch that went into v2.7.6.

It would be great to have one of the players verify that they are still getting the not loaded message.

If so, I guess that the best way to resolve would be to have the GM send a zipped up version of their campaign folder and one of the specific modules in question for me to run here. ([email protected])

Regards,
JPG

Spikenog
May 18th, 2011, 14:59
Scratch that, they got it to work. Thanks for the help.