PDA

View Full Version : Online release notes for version 3.2

phantomwhale
May 15th, 2011, 09:17
First thing - version 3.2 isn't done yet. It was a mean trick to get people to click in. However, next best thing - online release notes for the next version :

https://sw4fg2.tumblr.com/

As I complete features and fix bugs, I'll be posting them onto the micro-blog, so click over, subscribe to the RSS, and sit back and watch the new FGII features rollin' in.

Gimmie a shout if this sorta thing works for you, personally it's an easier way for me to write decent release notes "as I go"...

Regards,
-PW-

VenomousFiligree
May 15th, 2011, 09:52
*thanks the Gods, phantomwhale took over the reigns of the Savage Worlds Ruleset* :D

Doswelk
May 15th, 2011, 12:20
After playing Deadlands yesterday I have just spent 2 hours hacking the combat tracker to do what he has already done! :o

Given how much effort he has already put into SW and the fact that the updates are free and thus he gets no money for it)
, I personally feel that the deluxe edition when converted to FGII should maybe a paid for upgrade somehow.

Thoughts?

phantomwhale
May 15th, 2011, 12:34
Well, I get a tiny cut of all sales (but 100% of all donations *cough* ben.turner AT pobox.com Paypal account *cough) - much of it also goes to Pinnacle and Smiteworks (two of my favorite causes).

But I think the deluxe version would probably be a pay for product anyway, with it being a higher RRP than the SWEX book. Will leave the details to Doug to sort out - but I'm ready to code it when I get the go ahead ;)

VenomousFiligree
May 15th, 2011, 12:38
Revised to SWEX was a paid for update no? So why not SWEX to Deluxe? It would just be a module anyway, not the ruleset itself?

However it gets released, I'll be getting it! :D

Doswelk
May 18th, 2011, 22:50
Suggestion for Story box texture... use the story box texture :D

Just noticed made a mistake in the piccy (the grey blob) but you get the idea :o

phantomwhale
May 18th, 2011, 22:55
Yeah, looks much better.

phantomwhale
May 19th, 2011, 01:11
Just had to delete and recreate the tumblr blog - didn't want it as my "primary" blog, and that's the only way to do it.

In a nutshell, it's back at the same URL, but for those already reading it, I'm not sure if it broke RSS feeds, or spammed RSS. It certainly killed off anyone "following" it via the tumblr interface.