PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Effects

VenomousFiligree
May 14th, 2011, 09:41
Two topics for discussion:

Should they show on the Mini Tracker?
When dragged to a Tracker Entry, should they:

Update on <Receiving Tracker Entry> or
Update on <Current selected Tracker Entry> ?

For item 1, I believe yes, they don't currently.

For item 2 they currently update on <Current selected Tracker Entry>, ie the PC/NPC that has caused the effect. However I think for some (most?) effects in SW the results are actioned on the <Receiving Tracker Entry>'s turn?

phantomwhale
May 14th, 2011, 15:05
I notice 4E has got some super-fancy effects stuff, probably much more than SW needs.

Regarding point 1, do you ever get "hidden" effects in Savage Worlds ? From memory, we've never really had anything we've needed to keep hidden, but as effect tracking is currently invisible to players, it's worth checking.

From memory, I thought point 2 was actually done correctly. E.g. if I cast lower trait on an NPC, it lasts for MY next three turns, not the NPCs ?

More visibility of power tracking, and even some sort of automatic of power maintenance would be good. Interested to hear other people's ideas about what you've proposed, and anything around effects (which need an overhaul, I think).

And as for that FX tracker - anyone even use it ? As pretty much EVERY effect is duration 3/1 round, it feels like nothing more than a drag and drop text list. Surely we can think of something more awesome for this :)

VenomousFiligree
May 14th, 2011, 18:42
The main one that I was thinking of that expired on the targets next turn was a Trick.

If most things are not hidden, then I would go with making them visible on the mini Tracker and tracking hidden ones (if there are any) differently?