PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Monte Cook's Temple of Mysteries

Masokyst
May 13th, 2011, 02:22
hi there, pretty sure i put everything where it was supposed to go, as far as the ruleset and such, but i can't load up the campaign at all, it keeps telling me the base ruleset can't be loaded... and then craps out of the program. I noticed that where it lists the ruleset the campaign uses it only says d20, not d20-AE, this might be pointing in the wrong direction or something.

running on win 7 (64), all drivers up to date.

Did I mention I am completely new to this program aside from "testing" it out for a few minutes before my group decided to buy?

Thanks in advance!
-Masokyst

Moon Wizard
May 13th, 2011, 18:39
Unless the item came with an installer, you need to ensure that everything you install goes into the FG2 data directory.

There are two ways to access the data directory:
* Start Menu->Fantasy Grounds II->Application Data Folder
* [on Windows 7] C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II

Within the data directory, rulesets (or game system definitions) need to be installed in the rulesets folder, and modules need to be installed in the modules folder.

Within the rulesets folder, there should be a subfolder for each ruleset you have installed. Within each ruleset subfolder, there should be a set of files and subfolders that define the tabletop for that game system. One of those files should be a base.xml file.

For rulesets without installers, one of the more common issues is that the ruleset files are one folder too deep. Make sure that the base.xml file for the ruleset is located at:
<FG2 Data Dir>\rulesets\<game system>\base.xml

Regards,
JPG

Masokyst
May 16th, 2011, 01:29
yeah everything is where it is supposed to be, The base.xml is located in the proper place, program still refuses to recognize.

Again, I mention this because it wasn't mentioned: The campaign says d20 for it's ruleset, not d20-AE. I wonder if it is getting pointed to the wrong place entirely.

Masokyst
May 16th, 2011, 01:49
Also, we have noticed that players are unable to open books in the Arcana Evolved ruleset. works fine in standard, but they are unable to open any books that i make available in the AE version.

Moon Wizard
May 16th, 2011, 01:57
Check the campaign.xml file in your campaign folder. The ruleset value should match exactly to the name of the folder in the rulesets directory that you are trying to load.

If this isn't the problem, I can try downloading the ruleset and modules to see if I can reproduce.

Thanks,
JPG

Masokyst
May 16th, 2011, 02:24
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="2.07">
<ruleset>d20</ruleset>
<username>Sean</username>
</root>
i don't know how to read that, but that doesn't say d20AE

Masokyst
May 16th, 2011, 02:29
changing "d20" to d20-AE solved the problem, but the campaign is missing everything but the maps.

Valarian
May 16th, 2011, 10:41
Modules create tabs in the story and NPC sections. Look to see if you've got other tabs in these areas.

Masokyst
May 16th, 2011, 15:44
yeah this was a no go for this campaign. I did notice this feature with the pre-packaged 3.5 adventure.

Apparently the module activation "books" are missing for my players. I can load the modules and see them in the library (the source material etc) but the players can't see anything, not even the "Letter Tokens" module included by jpg

Valarian
May 17th, 2011, 00:12
Could be this issue (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14670)?

Moon Wizard
May 17th, 2011, 01:40
Probably not, since it is not available on the host.

Doug is investigating the issue with that particular module.

Regards,
JPG

telocim
August 20th, 2011, 15:52
changing "d20" to d20-AE solved the problem, but the campaign is missing everything but the maps.

Did this issue ever get resolved? I'm having the same problem. The db.xml file has all the room descriptions etc., but once the campaign is loaded they get overwritten.

Thanks in advance.

ddavison
September 3rd, 2011, 05:22
You should be able to redownload an improved version if you are still having problems -- or send a support email to [email protected] and we can help you get squared away. When running properly, it should have all the room descriptions, boxed text, NPCs, etc.