PDA

View Full Version : Release v2.7.5

Moon Wizard
May 12th, 2011, 21:57
Improved support for scripting in non-English Latin-based languages.
Network optimizations and increased network status output to console.
Unregistered clients were not checking for server version mismatch. Fixed.
Launcher would not allow extensions with extension dependencies to be enabled. Fixed.
Portrait tokens would not download when player who owns portrait is not logged in. Fixed.
Formatted text controls would cause crash when using backspace on empty lines. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

drahkar
May 12th, 2011, 23:02
Pure Awesome. Thanks Moon.

phantomwhale
May 13th, 2011, 00:37
A pure font of win !

My players keep telling me the portrait bug every week, thinking it's something new (and my fault - they have to playtest new SW / DLR stuff). Very happy to see that one go away...

Very interested to know exactly what that entails, exactly. Probably the other big bugbear for me is time to download new campaigns and to share images, along with the lack of metered progress. Hoping this goes someway towards fixing that, but worried I might be projecting the feature to meet my lofty wants !

demonsbane
May 13th, 2011, 03:16

Some of us just did simple tests with "large" files (ranging from 300 to 600 KB in the average): I'd say that the improvement in file transfer speed is noticeable. And player's connections seems to be more stable.

Kudos for this update!

EDIT:

Probably the other big bugbear for me is time to download new campaigns and to share images, along with the lack of metered progress.

The aforementioned tests involved a bit of loading new campaigns and new skins. It seems to be faster now.

Leonal
May 13th, 2011, 03:52
Thanks!

I assume then, that there's no difference between the test version and release?

I have all my players running on test mode and would rather not have to switch back and forth as long as the test version is stable.

Ictinike
May 13th, 2011, 04:26
Thanks for the update JPG and great work. While I've not tried anything live yet I have updated my ultimate however I've told my players to also update and those being unregistered at this point are saying, nearly all 7, there is nothing to update.

With the new changes and version checking enabled I'm thinking this may throw a wrench in my session tomorrow night. I'm wondering if there is something preventing the unregistered clients from updating, something triggered once connected to my host or something I've not thought of.

I'm going to do some tests with other PC's in my immediate area to prove what they are telling me but each has come back with the same results. No updates are available or it "does nothing" when they try to update to 2.7.5 yet my Ultimate blinked on the open of app and updated fine.

Any advice or suggestions you might please let me know and anything additional I found it I'll try to pass within due time.

Cheers,
~Ictinike

Moon Wizard
May 13th, 2011, 17:34
For unregistered versions, it looks like the launcher button correctly lights up the first time to indicate an update is available. However, the updater applet is not checking all the files correctly for unregistered versions.

I'm going to temporarily rollback v2.7.5 until Doug can build an installer for v2.7.5 to put in the Downloads section for Unregistered versions.

Long term, once v2.8 is in public testing, I'm going to have to break into the updater code and figure out what's going on.

JPG

El Condoro
May 14th, 2011, 02:36
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but 4E Criticals and Fumbles, which has the Tables dependency, is not registering in campaigns (it has a red cross next to it). Is this something to do with the Launcher? I noticed in the 2.7.5 update that dependencies was a fix.

drahkar
May 14th, 2011, 04:17
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but 4E Criticals and Fumbles, which has the Tables dependency, is not registering in campaigns (it has a red cross next to it). Is this something to do with the Launcher? I noticed in the 2.7.5 update that dependencies was a fix.

You should post those questions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Zeus
May 14th, 2011, 09:58
El Condoro - I have answered this in the other thread. You need 4E Tables v1.4 to be installed and selected to load the 4E Fumbles & Criticals extension. The red x denotes broken dependencies.

I updated to FGII to 2.7.5 yesterday but overnight it would appear 2.7.5 has been rolled back. The release version is once again 2.7.4 this morning? Not sure if this is intentional or something else.

VenomousFiligree
May 14th, 2011, 10:01
/me points to post 7 ;)

Zeus
May 14th, 2011, 10:20
/me points to post 7 ;)

Ah missed post 7, thanks for the heads up.

Nikoli
May 14th, 2011, 17:29
Hi,

I updated to the newest version, but when I loaded FG the following day, it seemed to have reverted. Maybe I'm wrong, but an update was available again, so when I pressed it, it went through the process, but then said at the very end there was an "error manifest in process".

Should I be worried? The update button is still pulsing, so the update obviously failed.

Nikoli

drahkar
May 14th, 2011, 17:34
Per Post 7 in this string, they reverted to the previous version until they can get the installer for the unregistered clients updated.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=108224&postcount=7

The Manifest error usually happens when there is an issue getting the list of files from the upgrade server. If you give it a chance it should clear up. But at the moment the update has been rolled back and we're back to 2.7.4 for the moment.

Nikoli
May 15th, 2011, 00:55
Thanks for clearing that up Drahkar. I thought I was imagining things when it seemed to revert to the previous version. This is all new to me. Just exploring the FG program now.

Nikoli

Moon Wizard
May 15th, 2011, 03:00
Just worked with Doug to get the installer updated, and pushed v2.7.5 back into production.

For your unregistered clients, just have them re-install from the FG Downloads page.

Cheers,
JPG

Ictinike
May 15th, 2011, 04:23
Just worked with Doug to get the installer updated, and pushed v2.7.5 back into production.

For your unregistered clients, just have them re-install from the FG Downloads page.

Cheers,
JPG

Thanks again JPG for the quick action! :)

phantomwhale
May 15th, 2011, 07:23
And back we go again :mad:

Just kidding - awesome turn around - very impressed :ninja: