PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands Reloaded Problem... Please Help?

Donald Woody
May 10th, 2011, 00:38
Greetings fellow FGII GMS and Players,

I just spent over $50 on the new Deadlands players guide, Marshall Guide, and tokens pack. When my friends try to join the new campaign they load o.k. but all they have is the old Savage Worlds background and neither of them are able to see any of the Deadlands art or even the poker table and new character sheets... it is like they are just playing a regular Savage Worlds Campaign... What is wrong? :confused:

Thanks,

Woody
Agent

nazzy
May 10th, 2011, 02:20
Did you open the modules in the library?

phantomwhale
May 10th, 2011, 06:44
Opening the modules will give the players access to the library files only - it won't affect if they see the Deadlands art (which they should).

First things first - are YOU seeing any of the Deadlands artwork ? If not, you may not have enabled the extension when you setup your campaign. Check Page 6 of the documentation should show you how to do this for a new campaign, or Page 7 for existing campaigns.

Failing that, you check your running the right version of Savage Worlds. You can do this from the loading screen (again, see documentation for examples of this) or if you've got a campaign loaded, then type "/version". You need to be running with version 3.1, which only got released a few weeks ago. If you have version 3.0, then you'll need to download the (free) update first of all, which comes with lots of bugfixes so you really want to do that anyway.

Your players shouldn't need to do anything (we don't trust players to set things up, it's all on the Marshal's side)

If all of that fails, maybe post a screengrab as the Marshal showing me what your seeing, and we'll try and figure it out from there.

Donald Woody
May 10th, 2011, 21:54
Opening the modules will give the players access to the library files only - it won't affect if they see the Deadlands art (which they should).

First things first - are YOU seeing any of the Deadlands artwork ? If not, you may not have enabled the extension when you setup your campaign. Check Page 6 of the documentation should show you how to do this for a new campaign, or Page 7 for existing campaigns.

Failing that, you check your running the right version of Savage Worlds. You can do this from the loading screen (again, see documentation for examples of this) or if you've got a campaign loaded, then type "/version". You need to be running with version 3.1, which only got released a few weeks ago. If you have version 3.0, then you'll need to download the (free) update first of all, which comes with lots of bugfixes so you really want to do that anyway.

Your players shouldn't need to do anything (we don't trust players to set things up, it's all on the Marshal's side)

If all of that fails, maybe post a screengrab as the Marshal showing me what your seeing, and we'll try and figure it out from there.

Hey thanks for the help.... as the Marshall I'm not having any problems really... it is the players who do not see any artwork or anything from the new Deadlands Module. I have all of the books open for them and available. We all have the same updated version. They have their characters they made, but on their screen they are the old school Savage Worlds, but on my screen they are shown on the deadlands character sheets. A few times they get errors saying they could not load such and such .xml file or something... but the last time they completed loaded and connected into the game without errors, but still they cannot see anything new from the Deadlands Module?

phantomwhale
May 11th, 2011, 00:25
Hmmmm... without more detail, I'm guessing here, and there is a danger it's something to do with the extension loading system, which is part of the core app (in which case, Smiteworks are going to provide better support here !)

Nonetheless, thoughts are :

I presume, although you did not confirm, you are running savage worlds ruleset v3.1 (and not v3.0) ? Can you let me know the output of typing "/version" into the chat box ?
XML errors suggest some files did not load properly. Your players could try clearing the cache folder for the campaign and reconnecting ?
Tied to the above point, was this a brand new campaign, or an existing one you added the DL:R extension onto ?
Those XML error message might help. If you (or your players) start getting them again, a print screen grab or something could help locate the issue.
As an experiment / to understand more, open up the card table window, then right-click and do "share sheet". Do the players simply not see any new window ? Or does something appear ?

Maybe with some of those answers, or more detail a light might turn on upstairs for me. But not too sure at the moment...

Anyone seen extension loading problems like these on different apps ?