PDA

View Full Version : Books are not working

arydious
May 6th, 2011, 01:11
Ok so i have worked out other issues. Everyone in the campaign purchased the CSR, but no one can view the magic item book. I checked it had the green on them and i opened the book they opened the book but its not in the library.

I did some research so the force load sometimes needs to happen, so i force loaded them and they did appear in the library for my players but when they try to open them it closes right away.

What are we doing wrong?

arydious
May 6th, 2011, 01:12
under further testing we found out it is specifically the magic items, no player can see them only a Gm and we can't figure out a way around it

Griogre
May 6th, 2011, 04:20
I'm not sure which 3.5 ruleset you are using but in any of them the GM is the only one who can open or create magic items. He can share the magic item description with his players but the players can't open magic items. This doesn't mean the players can't just write +3 Longsword Vorpal Weapon in their inventory since the 3.5 rulesets tend to work just like a character sheet in a face to face game where normally you just note down what you have in your character's inventory.

Honestly, when I use to play 3.5 I never used the magic items library book module other than a reference - I would just tell the players what the items were after they were identified. It is unfortunate the player's can't use the CSRD magic as a reference but that is the way the 3.5 rulesets were built. Moon Wizard is currently updating the 3.5 ruleset to upgrade it, but I have not heard that he was doing anything about how magic items are shared.

arydious
May 6th, 2011, 05:10
Thanks Grioge for the information.

Generally i would agree i dont want my players to see the book but at the current time a couple people are just joining and making characters so i said if they can afford magic items they can buy it.

Something that would be nice is to allow vision to part of the books, i dont mind if they see are the basic magic item things as long as they dont see the wonderous items etc.