PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully last issue

arydious
May 6th, 2011, 00:32
Ok so i have worked out other issues. Everyone in the campaign purchased the CSR, but no one can view the magic item book. I checked it had the green on them and i opened the book they opened the book but its not in the library.

I did some research so the force load sometimes needs to happen, so i force loaded them and they did appear in the library for my players but when they try to open them it closes right away.

What are we doing wrong?

arydious
May 6th, 2011, 01:10
under further testing we found out it is specifically the magic items, no player can see them only a Gm and we can't figure out a way around it

Moon Wizard
May 7th, 2011, 22:42
The magic items module is built specifically as a host only accessible module.

Here is some details on the modules that you can use to change it if you're feeling up to the task.

* The modules are just ZIP files. Rename the files to append .zip, and you can open them easily in Windows.

* Within the module ZIP file, there is one of three XML files that control how the data is accessible.

** db.xml = Host only
** client.xml = Must be installed on client, but host controls access
** common.xml = Sent from host to client

* To change the type of module, you need to copy this file, rename to the type of file you want, and replace the file into the module.

* Then, rename the ZIP file back to a MOD file.

Regards,
JPG

arydious
May 7th, 2011, 22:47
Thanks so much Moon_wizard, someone had already told me how to fix it but, your post provided me with more much needed insight, on the file types. This is really good information to know.

It is so nice to see a forum with so many helpful knowledgeable people

Leonal
May 7th, 2011, 23:19
Thanks JPG, for providing a more structured and detailed answer than I did in the other thread. :)
(And also clearing up the issue I had on whether this was approved of or not on purchased modules)