PDA

View Full Version : Sunday One Shot: Necropolis

CAPryde
May 4th, 2011, 02:43
Hello all,

This coming Sunday, May 8th, I will be running a one-shot game in the recently-released Necropolis setting. Necropolis is a "hard" military sci-fi game in the mold of Battlestar Galactica or Starship Troopers that also incorporates Gothic horror elements. Players take on the role of knights in the fictional "Third Reformation Church"; for this game, I will provide pre-generated characters representing a lance from the "Ordo Sacer Flamulae" (the Order of the Sacred Flame, AKA the "Incinerators").

First player in gets to carry the flamethrower...

Necropolis uses the Savage Worlds rules. No experience is necessary to play. SW is an easy-to-learn system, and I regularly run first-timer conference games, so getting new people up to speed in a hurry is not a problem.

I have two players signed up so far. We will play starting at 2 p.m., CDT (GMT -5), and we will not go past three hours. If you are interested in joining us, post here and sign up on the Game Calendar entry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=631).

longarms
May 4th, 2011, 05:59
As I mentioned to you previously, I will be attending. Looking forward to it.

I may not have previously mentioned this to you, but my wife likes savage worlds too. Turns out she will be able to make the time you proposed. So there is another player.

Mike

CAPryde
May 4th, 2011, 15:24
Great! Extra players are always welcome.

ImaTarget
May 5th, 2011, 11:15
Hello,

I want to make sure I get the time right, can anyone please check this? Thanks!

Location                                         Local time Time zone UTC offset
Mexico City (Mexico - Federal District) Sunday, 8. Mai 2011, 14:00:00   CDT       UTC-5 hours
Frankfurt (Germany - Hesse)             Sunday, 8. Mai 2011, 21:00:00   CEST      UTC+2 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sonntag, 8. Mai 2011, 19:00:00   

CAPryde
May 5th, 2011, 14:20
That looks correct to me. Also, I sent you an invitation to the campaign on the Game Calendar, and although I'm not 100% certain, I think that it will translate the time for you based on your profile settings.

ImaTarget
May 5th, 2011, 16:57
Ah, Great Feature! Hopefully I will have time. I will join on calendar when I do!

ImaTarget
May 5th, 2011, 23:22
Thank you for Inviting me to play. Question: As I am new to FG and only have read SW so far: Anything I need to download or read or do beforehand? I do not want to delay the game unnecessarily so all I can do to be prepared I will do, just don´t know what that might be. :-)

CAPryde
May 6th, 2011, 03:49
Would there be a good time tomorrow or Saturday for me to put up the server so that you could sign in and download the rules? That often takes ten or fifteen minutes, so it would be a good thing to do in advance. Also, you should know that when you first sign in, you need to double-click on the character that you want to use. Some people only single-click, and then it seems like the program isn't working.

Other than that, you should be fine. I can walk you through using the program.

ImaTarget
May 6th, 2011, 05:45
I will be available today after 3:30 PM CDT for about 1-2 hours. Not sure about tomorrow as I am on a Convention.

CAPryde
May 6th, 2011, 16:06
I'll put the server up this afternoon, then. The characters may not all be available yet, but you can download the rule set.

CAPryde
May 6th, 2011, 21:14
The server is now up (check out the alias on the Game Calendar entry--see link above), and I will leave it up for most of the afternoon/evening. I will probably not be around watching it most of the time, and the pre-gens are not finished yet, but you should be able to download the rule set.

ImaTarget
May 9th, 2011, 06:16
Just wandet to say thanks for a nice intro to SW! If you continue this I will gladly return.