PDA

View Full Version : Application data folder windows 7

computertrucker
May 3rd, 2011, 03:36
I use vista but my friend uses windows 7, he cant seem to locate his application data folder with windows 7... Exactly how does he do this? I know with vista i just type in application and it pops up in the start tab.

Leonal
May 3rd, 2011, 03:42
He can either follow the short cut through his FG start menu folder, og go to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds (going from memory as I have moved the folder elsewhere myself).

computertrucker
May 3rd, 2011, 04:09
thank you he found it..with your help... he thanks you to from over skype.

Leonal
May 3rd, 2011, 04:31
You're/He's welcome.

Happy gaming. :)

damned
May 3rd, 2011, 07:42
%appdata%\Fantasy Grounds will work in all versions :)
Otherwise you should find it in the Fantasy Grounds program group in your start menu.

Aegis
May 20th, 2011, 21:38
Sorry to necro this thread, but I'm on Win 7 and my Fantasy Grounds folder is not there. Went to appdate, roaming, etc...but no folder.

Anyone else encounter this?

Sorcerer
May 20th, 2011, 21:53
it should there - Driveletter:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Fa ntasy Grounds II

but in any case there is a shortcut to the application data folder in the windows start button - all programs - under Fantasy Grounds II

Aegis
May 20th, 2011, 22:06
Fantasy Grounds 2 does not show in my Start, All programs.

I think is has to do with my upgrade to windows 7. I copied all my programs I wanted to keep, then tranferred once the 7 installation was done.
I also have a Program Files Folder, and a Program Files (x86) folder. The FG folder is in the x86 one.

I may just have to do a complete reinstall of Fantasy Grounds...a bummer to say the least.

StuartW
May 20th, 2011, 22:10
A reinstall shouldn't be too much of a problem if you uninstall and then reinstall without changing anything else (such as your hard drive or deleting the registry) because it should remember your serial number and should also preserve your data and rulesets.

However, it is always worth taking a backup (and writing down your serial number), just in case.

Stuart

Aegis
May 20th, 2011, 23:15
Thanks Stuart. Gonna reinstall now.

Moon Wizard
May 21st, 2011, 01:40
The best way to migrate is to re-install FG. Then, copy your old data folder over to your new data folder. This will preserve all your previous data, while allowing the installer to configure your machine with the correct registry settings.

Cheers,
JPG