PDA

View Full Version : How to improve the Savage Worlds ruleset

phantomwhale
May 2nd, 2011, 01:54
Got an idea for a new feature ? Or found a bug that needs fixing ? Then please read on and follow these steps :

For a feature request:
* is this something that is probably best discussed first ? If so, then please start a new forum post, and get some discussion going around potential solutions.

For a bug fix:
* is this something you can recreate perfectly ? If not, then please start a new forum post. Write down as much as you know, especially around which buttons / controls you pressed to create the issue (there are sometimes multiple ways of doing the same action in FGII / SW). Then myself or other users can help check if this is a bug, and offer temporary workarounds.

BUT....

If you have a fully-baked idea, or a re-creatable bug report, then it's time to submit it to...

The Savage Worlds ruleset wishlist --> https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/

Here you can "Suggest an idea" for a new feature, and "Report a problem" for a bug. Write a short, descriptive title, then please add as much detail as you can in the description. Include a link to the FGII forum thread too, if you have one.

ALSO...

Once submitted, ideas and bug reports are available for ALL users to vote on - now is your chance to promote the bug-fixes / features you want to see in future versions ! Feel free to vote and comment on all the issues.

As the developer, I can mark items as :

"Scheduled" when I've got an item targeted for the next release,
"In Progress" when I'm actually working on it,
"Completed" once it's coded, and
"Rejected", if for any reason it will not be implemented.

I am working with the team at idea.informer to try and get a regular dump of the data out the system, so that I can automatically create a wishlist to post on the forums too, but for now, please use this as the active wishlist for future Savage Worlds FGII development.

FUTHERMORE...

You can track current development release notes and progress on features on the new SW4FG2 micro-blog --> https://sw4fg2.tumblr.com/

Click through to see screengrabs of the latest coded features and fixed bugs going into the next Savage Worlds ruleset version.

Thanks,
-PW-

(moderators - please sticky !)

phantomwhale
May 12th, 2011, 11:25
SW mods - Can we sticky this, please ?

VenomousFiligree
May 12th, 2011, 11:44
Make sure you visit https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/ if you want to influence subsequent versions of the Savage Worlds ruleset. Even if you have no new ideas or issues if your own you can vote on what *you* would like to see next!

Moon Wizard
May 13th, 2011, 20:54
Just curious, why did you pick this tracker?

Also, stickied.

JPG

phantomwhale
May 14th, 2011, 02:21
Just curious, why did you pick this tracker?

Also, stickied.

JPG

I wanted something :

Free
That I can moderate (remove spam / combine duplicate requests)
The allows voting
That allows "ideas" and "bugs" to be marked separately
That allows progress feedback ("scheduled", "in progress", "completed") to the users
That wasn't too ugly to use
That allows bulk exports of the data

After some testing, this was the only one I found that met almost all the criteria (it doesn't allow bulk exports - although they have a "beta API", but no-one has been in touch with me about how I can use it).

Removing the "Free" criteria, I'd probably have gone with the cheapest paid option of GetSatisfaction or UserVoice.

Moon Wizard
May 14th, 2011, 19:29
I previously had trouble finding the right keywords to find similar solutions, but your post pointed me in the right direction. A couple others I found were UserEcho and IdeaScale.

I've been seriously considering doing something similar for FG client, 3.5E ruleset and 4E ruleset. However, I hadn't found any decent online tools yet.

Thanks for the info.

JPG

NEPHiLiX
June 5th, 2011, 06:54
Hey there!

Had a couple of strange new issues develop with FG:SW and just wanted to give a heads up (and hope for a fix!). For some reason, neither I nor my players can copy and paste anything into FG at all. We can cut or copy FROM FG into say notepad, but can't copy/cut from notepad into FG or from a note section in FG to the text/speech box area in FG.

Also, my players can no longer see the cards in the combat tracker that I share with them (they used to be able to see them).

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
June 5th, 2011, 07:04
Have you updated anything in your configuration lately? (I.e. Savage Worlds ruleset or FG version (especially if using test version v2.8))

Thanks,
JPG

NEPHiLiX
June 5th, 2011, 07:45
I haven't manually changed anything, although I am using 2.8. Should we roll back?

Leonal
June 5th, 2011, 08:02
On 2.8 w/ SW rules/3.5E/4E:
I can successfully paste into the text area of a story entry, but not character sheet, chat entry or a note and so on.

Valarian
June 5th, 2011, 08:44
I've been seriously considering doing something similar for FG client, 3.5E ruleset and 4E ruleset. However, I hadn't found any decent online tools yet.
For a commercial effort, I can recommend JIRA. It tracks bugs, ideas, features, etc. against a project and release. The display is via a browser and can be made available to public for bug reporting. Access to the tool is tailored to how you want to work. I've used it before and found it extremely good for tracking progress on a software project with a number of releases.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/

phantomwhale
June 5th, 2011, 22:20
You mentioned not seeing the combat cards too. Can't say I've encountered this (or the paste problem) but I'm also not trying the 2.8 test version. Perhaps this causes both issues ? Let me know.

Regarding JIRA, it is very good and powerful, and I don't think I'd pick anything different for my IT project ticket tracker needs. But as a "community engagement" tool I wasn't convinced it had the best focus on getting everyday users to chip in and engage with discussing new features. Although it is highly customizable, so I guess that could be worked around.

NEPHiLiX
June 6th, 2011, 00:01
Thanks for that. It's definitely the 2.8 version. I just rolled back to 2.76 and all is well again.

Moon Wizard
June 7th, 2011, 23:06
I'm trying to recreate the missing combat cards on the latest v2.8 test version. Is this still an issue? Can someone walk me through how to recreate in a new campaign?

I'm not familiar with SW, so I'll need some help. I just loaded up the latest SW ruleset, set up a tracker with one PC and one NPC, then used the next actor button to cycle through. When the cards deal at the beginning of the round, they show up on the host and the client.

Thanks,
JPG

phantomwhale
June 7th, 2011, 23:22
That's pretty much what I'd try... Sounds like it's working for you, so maybe it's not a simple problem to recreate ?

NEPHiLiX
June 12th, 2011, 05:24
Not sure if this is something that can be fixed via the Ruleset or if it's just an FG annoyance, but I can't switch between FG and say a PDF or Word window (and still be able to type in FG) without having to minimize and re-maximize the FG program. This really slows down gameplay because I often have to check a PDF or a webpage quick and get back to the game, which I can usually do without anyone even realizing that I did any checking. Even if I don't have FG maximized (ie.: sharing the screen with a PDF) it still happens.

Any suggestions?

Moon Wizard
June 12th, 2011, 06:38
What is the problem? Are you referring to the problem where the keyboard input is lost when switching back to FG?

If so, you just need to ALT-TAB, instead of clicking on the windows.

Also, I took another shot at addressing the keyboard focus issue in v2.8 as well. I'm not seeing it here any more (on v2.8), but if you have an example to recreate, I'd appreciate the details.

Regards,
JPG

NEPHiLiX
June 12th, 2011, 06:48
ALT-TAB solves it, thanks for that.

NEPHiLiX
June 13th, 2011, 04:13
I was wondering if anyone was working on the group entry bug in Savage Worlds. The one where you create a group of minions then place their tokens on the map (from the combat tracker) and you have no way of knowing from round to round which entry matches which token, and when you delete an entry/token belonging to that minion group, it doesn't delete the corresponding token/entry.

I also wanted to say thanks for everything you guys are doing on this; the ruleset's amazing and your response times are stellar (I used to use the Rolemaster ruleset with FG and would often have to wait 2-4 weeks for a reply on the boards).

Doswelk
June 13th, 2011, 07:39
I believe the combat tracker is down for a total re-write in 3.2

phantomwhale
June 13th, 2011, 10:32
By "anyone", you mean me ;)

Doswelk is right - the group functionality needs a good re-write to get it working correctly, and I hope to do that as part of 3.2 (currently under development).

That said, whilst I am the one and only developer, much of the work of developing new ruleset versions is in coming up with new ideas for interface enhancement and improvements, as well as submitting detailed bug reports (e.g. highlighting under what conditions the problems occur) on existing issues - and this is where I'm asking for a little assistance from the community.

So as the original post of this thread says, if you'd like to submit a reasonably detailed report (to https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/) of the things that go wrong with groups in the combat tracker, it'll help me focus on exactly what bugs I am looking to fix when I get to it. Plus other users can then vote on it, which gives me a better idea of which fixes are more important.

Doswelk
June 14th, 2011, 20:53
By "anyone", you mean me ;)

So as the original post of this thread says, if you'd like to submit a reasonably detailed report (to https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/) of the things that go wrong with groups in the combat tracker, it'll help me focus on exactly what bugs I am looking to fix when I get to it. Plus other users can then vote on it, which gives me a better idea of which fixes are more important.

One of my Combat Tracker videos goes into detail about the bug, I'll have to watch them again to work out which one it was.:o

zackspacks
June 28th, 2011, 19:07
Hi guys
Thought I would post here first, as these may not be bugs, it could just be me being a total n00b.

See attached picture, from a Realms of Cthulhu game I ran last week:

a) the box in red highlights a 'U' status set of creatures, yet when I throw in some more via the mook button, the name of the Creature & it's Toughness / Parry stats appear. ( The Parry would have also shown, but it was variable for the fight, so I had set it to zero ). I cannot think of a work around for this one, except to unstat them, but their name will still appear ?

b) the box in orange - the personality text doesn't wrap ( is that the right tech term ) in this example, one of the lines states "If WOUNDS suffered, terror check or...." out of shot "suffer from 2d4 Mental Anguish".
The next line down is also hidden. The only way around this, currently is to limit text per line to so many characters, which is a bit fiddly to be honest.

Any suggestions guys ?
Cheers
Paul

phantomwhale
June 29th, 2011, 03:58
Re: point (a) - probably a group combat bug. I've honestly not looked at this yet (will do for v3.2). I generally find it broken and just use a single entry for all my monsters. Which means no targetting support for groups, but we get around that by VOIP chatting who we're going for (if not obvious) or drawing small burst templates around them if it gets too ambiguous !

So yeah, sucks, and I really want to fix it.

(b) For Special Abilities, there is a "description" line, which is revealed when you have the cursor in the "name" line, or when there has been some text entered into the field. This is a mutli-text line, and usually where the description would go.

Example:
https://i.imgur.com/Vb9sL.jpg (https://imgur.com/Vb9sL)

This shows one ability with multi-line description text, and another ability which has the cursor "focus" on it, hence it's (currently empty) description line is showing.

*stops to think*... actually, you won't see the actual empty line for the description field, but it IS there for you to click onto and use. There will be a bugfix in the next version (3.2) to make the line visible : https://sw4fg2.tumblr.com/post/5619185149/bugfix-the-notes-on-npc-special-abilities-now

zackspacks
June 30th, 2011, 00:32
Hi there
Many thanks for the reply, and for pointing out the script line in (b), I must have missed that somewhere, as I didn't realise it existed.

As for the group combat thing, yeah glad it is being seen to. I have used it, and although it does crash exactly as Doswelk describes in his vlog ( if you remove the main guy that the others tag into, an error message occurs ) I found that the combat would still run, although the error message appeared every round. As for who's which mook is shooting/ being targeted, well yes we use Skype, so get around it that way. Drawing the circles is a good tip too, thanks !

cheers
Paul

PS: Do you want me to put these in the development request log ?

zackspacks
June 30th, 2011, 00:43
On the subject of posting in the suggested improvements, I have already placed one in there, regarding the invisible tokens. Below are two pictures showing my point, (from the GM's POV ). If the German sniper is set to invisible, he is virtually invisible for the GM too ! This map was much bigger, and had two snipers up trees, I couldn't find them myself, during the game :D Maybe there is a work around for this, with some setting ? Any thoughts would be appreciated. BTW - The sniper is 5 squares above the D10 in a tree
cheers
Paul

phantomwhale
June 30th, 2011, 01:39
Happy for entries to be added to the wishlist for the group combat tracker. Currently I'm aware that it "basically is a bit odd", but if someone could break that down into "the following things don't work" then I'd be able to make sure I tackle all the problems when I rewrite it.

Regarding the invisible tokens, I can take a look when I get to it. I'm not overly familiar with that chunk of code / behaviour right now. Can never be sure how much is "Savage Worlds does that" verses "All rulesets do that" until I start mucking about with it !

zackspacks
July 2nd, 2011, 13:10
Thanks for the reply mate, I have added links to my above two posts to the bug/ideas tracker, as follows

'U' status Personalities stats visible in group mode:
https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=25828

Invisible tokens being virtually invisible for the GM :
https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=24424

For everyone that votes, I will be offering a virtual Benny ! :D

cheers
Paul

phantomwhale
July 3rd, 2011, 13:51
It look like token visibility is "built in" to the Images - e.g. there is nothing I can twiddle my end to change this.

Might want to post in the House of Healing forum, or search around a bit to see if others have had this issue. Any fix would need to come from the core engine, I think.

Have put my vote on the Comabt tracker group issue !

zackspacks
July 3rd, 2011, 14:21
Thanks mate
Right, I will check into the House of Healing, and have a good search around later today, then if there is no obvious solution, I will post the problem on there.
Cheers
Paul

PS: Thanks for the vote ! :D

NEPHiLiX
July 4th, 2011, 07:45
Before I begin, let me say again that this ruleset is stellar.

I did, however, encounter an oddity the other day while gaming--and I'm not sure if it's just a rookie mistake.

We play Deadlands Reloaded for SW and so we tend to have to use cards a lot more than is perhaps usual, given that one of our players is a Huckster who sometimes has to "deal with the devil" via a card hand to cast a spell. The problem is that the ruleset will only allow me to deal out 5 cards, and then it says "public is at maximum hand size" and won't deal anymore. And no matter what I do I can't deal any more cards to that player (he should have 7 altogether).

Any ideas?
Thanks!

phantomwhale
July 4th, 2011, 08:04
Thanks for the kind words - flattery will get you everywhere :)

Your mistake was no rookie one - it's just one of the remaining quirks of the ruleset.

However, assuming you are playing with the Deadlands: Reloaded extension, it's currently recommended to use the Poker Table to do Huckster deals with the devil (and all non-initiative card dealing, to be honest)

Simply share the table, pop the Huckster in one seat, and deal cards to his seat. Or I normally put the first 5 cards in the centre of the table, then deal the rest to the Huckster's Hand (1 per grit, I believe), as this does the same thing, but with a clearer view of the cards.

This will let you deal as many as you need, and also auto-calculate the best poker hand too, changing it as each card is dealt. This adds tension when card #6 comes out and it's clearly displayed that you've still only got King High...

If your not using the extension (why not ?!) or would rather use the standard card dealing mechanic in the core SWEX ruleset, then yeah it's still got the 5 card limit (amongst other problems). However ! I've already given it some time and love for version 3.2 (https://sw4fg2.tumblr.com/post/5619293558/feature-new-card-dealing-code-removes-the-five), so when that comes out later this year, it should support what your after also.

NEPHiLiX
July 5th, 2011, 01:05
I have no idea how I missed it, but I didn't even know there *was* a Deadlands: Reloaded add-in...wow. Thanks for that...I'm off to the store!

zackspacks
July 12th, 2011, 20:58
From my similar post on the main forum:

After watching one of Xorne's D&D vlogs, I notice that in the D&D version the Personalities attacks are in the combat tracker, and he just clicks on their weapon attack and it rolls the attack. Is this possible in the a future SW version ? I appreciate that several attacks are possible, but a Fighting and a Shooting line would be nice, and encompass a lot of your average mooks, and cut down on the amount of open windows, and more importantly having to keep referencing them all. cheers Paul

Added to tracker here:
https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=26498

ShotGun Jolly
July 17th, 2011, 04:40
Been following your blog... when.. when do you think it will be released?

So excited about it, and the work you are doing thus far looks great!

phantomwhale
July 17th, 2011, 10:23
It's a great question. How much is enough ! I've got a couple of people play testing what's done so far at the moment, and there are a couple more "must have" features, but would be nicer to "release early, release often" rather than wait 9-12 months between versions.

That said, the testing for FGII is still very manual (see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=111576#post111576 for my investigation into ways around that). So getting each release to the point where there are no significant bugs is labour intensive, and not an effort I'd want to repeat too often.

I hope to get something ready in a couple of months, to tell the truth. Got some new "real money earning" contracts on the horizon, so would like to clear my FGII plate down a bit before the two collide :)

phantomwhale
July 17th, 2011, 10:25
Oh, forgot to say that I really want to make sure it's a 2.8 compatible release, hooking in some of the new features such as Kick Player, and the opened up Slash commands.

So yeah, kind of waiting for a "finalised" 2.8 release before I start doing those last few bits too.

krb243
July 21st, 2011, 16:30
to piggy-back on to what zackspacks said, which i was going to mention, i'd also like to add to the mimi screen for the weapon and character health section from the combat panel. as of now, when i click on the ammo bullet, it subtracts from the available ammo, which is cool, but can that button also roll the combat to hit? kinda like an all-in-one combat attack button for that particular weapon. and can you also add the melee weapons on the same panel?

i know, i'm asking a lot and you've got lots on your plate already, but just thought i'd ask :) thanx!!!!

Doswelk
July 21st, 2011, 19:14
to piggy-back on to what zackspacks said, which i was going to mention, i'd also like to add to the mimi screen for the weapon and character health section from the combat panel. as of now, when i click on the ammo bullet, it subtracts from the available ammo, which is cool, but can that button also roll the combat to hit? kinda like an all-in-one combat attack button for that particular weapon. and can you also add the melee weapons on the same panel?

i know, i'm asking a lot and you've got lots on your plate already, but just thought i'd ask :) thanx!!!!

I like the idea but how would rof 2+ weapons work?

maybe be it could be done like the shooting skill, click rolls the dice holding down the left mouse button and right clicking adds extra skill dice?

That said i just drag the weapon attacks to my quick bar much easier, but to each their own.

phantomwhale
July 21st, 2011, 22:57
I've often thought of more automated ammo "countdowns" - e.g. having an attack button that decrements ammo as the same time. The issues are:

Many weapons use variable amounts of ammo (even the humble pistol often has a "double-tap" variant)
Some players may still just roll their shooting skill, and then when reminded to adjust ammo, need to be able to do that easily

E.g. for the last point, you don't want to say "just click the bullet icon to do the ammo adjustment, and I'll ignore the extra shooting roll" - it'll be confusing.

That said, an enhanced Mini-sheet (or separate weapons one) that has more of the weapon attacks on it could work.

Would suggest keeping ammo bullet as just an ammo decrement function, but perhaps a menu option could enable automatic ammo reduction when the weapon is fired ? Or an enhanced hotkey that allows combination actions (shooting roll + reduce ammo count) ? And of course, what should the behaviour be if the gun is empty - roll the dice ? Put a message on the chat log ? Or just silently go to -1 ammo ?

Once we've thrashed out a good idea, add it to the tracker (see my sig.) and then other's can vote on it. Always good to incubate those ideas on the forums first though, I think - to gather other user's ideas, and put together something more concrete. Concrete ideas get implemented first ;)

zackspacks
July 22nd, 2011, 08:28
Hi there
Regarding the out of ammo problem above, I would like to see a statement appear in the chat log. Top let it go unnoticed ( e.g. the silent -1 option ) will most likely mean that, it will go unnoticed, then three months later, the likes of myself will be posting a picture and asking for it to be changed:D

Point of clarification though regarding the next release - I am reading your blog, and the suggestions tracker, but I cannot recall seeing a list of 'this stuff here is what is going to happen' as in your blog there are lots of funky features turning up, that I don't recall reading about before they appeared there. Apologies if it is somewhere, but i don't recall seeing it.

The reason for asking the above, is that I have been watching Xorn's latest videos, and the D&D combat tracker has a lot of other options on, and I see you are implementing some of them, but are you planning to implement them all ?

This post is starting to ramble, so briefly a couple more things I have picked up from Xorn's latest D&D4e vlogs, that IMHO would be invaluable in Savage

1) I stated about having the mooks/enemy WC attacks in the Combat Tracker, the new D&D one, has several lines for each attack mode, that are clickable in the combat tracker. This would get us away from multiple personalities having to be opened.

2) Drag and Drop modifiers. You succeed in Intimidation, and inflict -2 Parry. You can now drag this onto the target token, and the combat tracker picks this up, and penalises the targeted token.

3) Highlighting (a) who's turn it is on the map, esp for mooks, and (b) targeting opponents. I think this sometimes sort of works, but often it doesn't for some reason. From Doswelks vlog, he deleted the tokens and put them back on. I have found this doesn't always work either.

Finally keep up the good work mate, I really appreciate what you are doing:bandit:
cheers
Paul

phantomwhale
July 22nd, 2011, 12:59
The wishlist - look to the bottom ! It's in my sig. (along with the blog)

Re: points
(1) I'll have to take a look - like I say, not being familiar with 4E and the D&D ruleset coming with no reference libraries makes it hard for me to explore and understand what the 4E ruleset is capable of. Particularly around combats, where I struggle to setup a simple roll !

Adding it to the list is probably the first step. Providing details, images, or anything to help make the idea more concrete will both help the idea get more votes, and to be honest those are the tasks I'd prefer to tackle first. Trying to work out all the design detail myself as well as coding takes twice as long, so can get left to one side for a while.

(2) I like the sound of this - can see two things there. Firstly we have the concept of "effects" in the combat tracker, but these just mark how long an effect lasts for. So would be good to tie actual adjustments (-2 Parry, +2 Toughness) to effects such as "intimidated" and "deflection". So the first part would be "add ability to link adjustments to effects"

Once that's in place, it's simply a matter for the GM to key in an effect that does that (-2 Parry, lasts one round), and share it with the players. Then we'd need to support dragging and dropping effects onto tokens. That'd be the second part.

(3) Known bug - targeting works fine without grouped enemies. Even though there is no solid entry for it on the wishlist, fixing up grouped enemies on the tracker is something I wanted to do even for v3.1. But I needed enough time to get more familiar with the code before doing big changes (v3.1 was mainly smaller bugfixes and tidyups) like this. Should be ready to kick it into shape now :)

My pleasure - good work should continue, although got a big contract coming up in a week or two which will slow me down, so have been pushing hard to get to a "release candidate" by then but not sure I'm going to make it (unless I leave the grouped combat bugs for v3.3 - which I hate the idea of doing).

Ben (-PW-)

krb243
July 23rd, 2011, 01:13
thanx phantomwhale for taking a look at my suggestions. i'm a security guy, which means part-time hack, so i have an idea as to the effort and time it takes to improve the ruleset. i appreciate the hard work :D

NEPHiLiX
July 23rd, 2011, 04:53
I might be reiterating someone else's post here--haven't read through the entire thread again--but I was noticing that shaken results or status effects for minions don't stay from round to round, they get cleared (for enemies that you have in a sub-list in the combat tracker). I usually just put the token on their side when they're shaken and upside down when there dead as a work-around, but it'd be nice to have the tracker work for this.

Also, and I think this is probably an FG thing as opposed to a SW thing, the dice rolling borders are TERRIBLE! I don't know how many times I've had to re-roll the free dice (the ones below the chat pane) 3-6 times to get the result to display. It used to be that when you tossed the dice into the pane that it'd record as long as they first landed in the pane. Now it appears as though at least one of the dice has to land once and for all inside the pane in order to register.

And last--and this may just be a noob error, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to have the tracker count down spell effects that I enter. I have to manually re-enter the number every round until it expires (a step I often forget).

Thanks again (and keep the blog posts coming, it's great to see how much work you're doing on this and what you're focusing on from day to day).

Doswelk
July 23rd, 2011, 09:56
I might be reiterating someone else's post here--haven't read through the entire thread again--but I was noticing that shaken results or status effects for minions don't stay from round to round, they get cleared (for enemies that you have in a sub-list in the combat tracker). I usually just put the token on their side when they're shaken and upside down when there dead as a work-around, but it'd be nice to have the tracker work for this.

This is on the list of outstanding fixes and I'm sure Phantomwhale will get it done.

And last--and this may just be a noob error, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to have the tracker count down spell effects that I enter. I have to manually re-enter the number every round until it expires (a step I often forget).

I made a video about how to do just this... it was part 4 of my combat tracker (https://www.furiousdice.com/combat%20tracker%20part%204.html) series and I cover effects at around 3:30 seconds into the video.

NEPHiLiX
July 23rd, 2011, 10:53
Perfect! Thanks Doswelk...I've watched the videos before and must have forgotten how to do this.

NEPHiLiX
July 24th, 2011, 07:30
I searched through another SW thread that apparently claimed that the improved level headed feature was repaired, but I can't for the life of me get it to work--though the regular level-headed edge works fine. I've tried dragging and dropping it from the player's guide every which way, with no luck.

Was this fixed then disrupted somehow since?

phantomwhale
July 24th, 2011, 07:39
I searched through another SW thread that apparently claimed that the improved level headed feature was repaired, but I can't for the life of me get it to work--though the regular level-headed edge works fine. I've tried dragging and dropping it from the player's guide every which way, with no luck.

Was this fixed then disrupted somehow since?

I'm guessing this is the issue :

Currently, when PCs / NPCs are added to the combat tracker, the list of edges (or special abilities for NPCs) are scanned, using case-insensitive string matching to look for "Quick", "Level Headed" and "Improved Level Headed". If it finds one of them, it marks the entry as special, and redeals accordingly, when required.

So if you alter a PC / NPCs edge or ability list AFTER he has been added to the tracker... then it won't work, short of removing the entry from the tracker and re-adding them.

An improvement might be to maintain a link back to the original PC / NPC, so the edges / ability list can be rechecked every round. This would pick up on edge / ability changes done after the tracker has been set up. If that's something that sounds worth having, add it to the wishlist (below).

If that's NOT the issue your having, then show me a screengrab or explain what's happening, as it SHOULD work....

Ben (-PW-)

NEPHiLiX
July 24th, 2011, 08:56
Strangely enough, I tried adding both edges to a newer character (that I made in June) and it worked fine, drawing three cards and picking the highest. But for the first character that I made with the SW ruleset (I made this character when I started playing SW--around mid-April) it still won't draw three cards, only two. I've tried deleting and re-adding the Edges, to no avail. Maybe I should just break down and re-make him from scratch?

phantomwhale
July 24th, 2011, 09:04
Strangely enough, I tried adding both edges to a newer character (that I made in June) and it worked fine, drawing three cards and picking the highest. But for the first character that I made with the SW ruleset (I made this character when I started playing SW--around mid-April) it still won't draw three cards, only two. I've tried deleting and re-adding the Edges, to no avail. Maybe I should just break down and re-make him from scratch?

Have you deleted and then re-added this character from the combat tracker in question ?

It's not doing anything too cunning under the hood - literally reading the character's edges at the moment it's added to the combat tracker, and looking for the value "improved level headed" (case insensitive). It doesn't matter if it's a "proper" draggable edge or one you've typed in yourself, although using the former can help avoid the other potential issue, which is spelling mistakes !

NEPHiLiX
July 24th, 2011, 18:20
I definitely have tried that. Every battle I create a new entry in the combat tracker and every battle it doesn't acknowledge the improved level headed, just level headed, but so far only for that character!

Very, very strange...

zackspacks
July 24th, 2011, 20:23
Just thought guys, is there a feature for 'Going Wild' planned ? Remembering to add +2 to hit and damage is pretty easy for the player concerned, but just like tabletop games, for the GM to remember that there is a -2 Parry in there until the PC's next go, is easily forgotten. An automated button would be great for this. I don't think there is one ?
cheers
Paul

Doswelk
July 24th, 2011, 22:49
I just reduce the mini-sheet player parry by 2, this updates the tracker.

My players usually remember to increase it again soon enough :)

phantomwhale
July 25th, 2011, 00:04
Zacksparks / Doswelk - yeah, that's how I do it. Two thoughts - shorter solution is add a "-2 parry" toggle onto combat tracker entries. Easier, but quite specific. Longer solution, as I mentioned in a thread recently, is allow "effects" to have "adjustments", so that the "wild attack" effect lasts one turn and causes -2 Parry, the "armor" effect lasts three turns, and causes +2 Toughness, the "boost Str" effect causes Str die to go up one type, etc... But that's quite a big bit of work. Could have some awesome consequences if designed well though.

NEPHiLiX - how odd, maybe there IS something busted about that character's database entry ! If you send me the db.xml file from your campaign (ben DOT turner AT pobox DOT com) then I'll take a look. Let me know the name of a combat tracker where the problem is happening.

zackspacks
July 25th, 2011, 08:40
I just reduce the mini-sheet player parry by 2, this updates the tracker.

My players usually remember to increase it again soon enough :)Hmm good point, I will adopt this method for now, for exactly the same reason you suggested.

Phantomwhale, re your point, either option sounds good to me.:)

cheers guys
Paul

NEPHiLiX
July 29th, 2011, 12:56
If there hasn't already been a vote for this re.: a feature I'd like to see added--when you set a parent entry in the combat tracker to "not visible" (for invisible parry/toughness on the mini tracker), it would be nice if the sub-entries (in that group) subsequently added would likewise be automatically set to "not visible".

Phantomwhale: I sent the file to you, thanks again for the killer support!

Cheers!

Doswelk
July 29th, 2011, 15:42
If there hasn't already been a vote for this re.: a feature I'd like to see added--when you set a parent entry in the combat tracker to "not visible" (for invisible parry/toughness on the mini tracker), it would be nice if the sub-entries (in that group) subsequently added would likewise be automatically set to "not visible".

Phantomwhale: I sent the file to you, thanks again for the killer support!

Cheers!

Go here (https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/) for all you wish list needs :D

phantomwhale
July 30th, 2011, 00:27
I'll take a look at the file this w/e

Yeah, regarding wish list stuff, it's semi-DIY - e.g. you need to add it to the wishlist site (see my signature, or the link Doswelk posted), and make it sound cool enough to get other people to vote it up. Unless I think it's awesome, then it gets done anyway (or it's impossible, in which case I'll tell you !)

I think cascading visibilities is a good idea though. And to be honest, I'm ripped the grouped entries apart right now to sort out grouped enemies (just had a whole session with my group where the combat tracker was totally busted - I was not a popular GM this session !) so now is probably the time I'll look at it.

In summary, putting stuff on the wishlist is step 1 to getting it done. But in this case, you might jump the queue a little...

Ben

phantomwhale
July 30th, 2011, 01:45
I definitely have tried that. Every battle I create a new entry in the combat tracker and every battle it doesn't acknowledge the improved level headed, just level headed, but so far only for that character!

Very, very strange...

Bad News - yep, it's a bug. If it finds Level Headed after Improved level headed, then level headed overrules and just deals one extra card.

For most players, I'd expect Improved level headed to be added second on the list, therefore the bug doesn't often appear. Oddly enough, improved level headed IS second on your list but the bug still happens ? Probably Fantasy Grounds is going through the list of edges in an unexpected order, or I'm reading my code upside-down...

Good news - two easy workarounds with the current version. One is I dragged the level-headed link onto the edges box, creating a second copy at the end of the edges list, and then I deleted the first copy. Yes, this puts Level Headed last on the list (the thing that I thought would CAUSE the problem) but this fixes it anyway !

The other workaround is to rename level headed to "level headed." (see the full stop there) or "level-headed" (e.g add a hyphen) or something like that. This stops it triggering the (case-insensitive) string match with "level headed" and means it never interferes with improved level headed doing it's thing.

In both cases, you'll need to remove and re-add the PC to the tracker.

Better News - Savage worlds v3.2 will fix the problem - it scans all the edges every round, so no remove and re-adding required. Also level headed behaves now, and doesn't overrule improved level headed. More details here : https://sw4fg2.tumblr.com/post/8083825959/better-card-redealing

NEPHiLiX
July 30th, 2011, 03:40
Brilliant! I added the hyphen as per one of your suggestions and sure enough, problem solved! Thanks for that!

I also added the suggestion to your ruleset wishlist site. Great work!

ShotGun Jolly
October 5th, 2011, 18:26
Hey,

Just checking in to see the status of the savage world mod.. think it still will be an end of the year release or maybe a little sooner?

Thanks...

ShotGun Jolly
October 5th, 2011, 18:47
Oh, I have a suggestion I would like to make for your upgrade..

I am currently running a "War of the Dead" campaign and it has hordes and hordes of zombies in it. One of the special rules is that no zombie can ever have a INI card higher then a 4..

So when I draw a card, I need to keep drawing it untill I get the 4 or less. Which can be at times, a pain in the buttocks. Is there any option or could there be an option for when you draw cards to have it, to keep drawing until that rule has been satisfied?

Not sure if it can be done or not, but it would be a useful feature to have depending on what ever creature it is you are fighting that may have a rule similar to this.

Ill post it on your suggestion page too, so people can vote for it.

Thanks..

Doswelk
October 5th, 2011, 19:23
Some settings have the slow hindrance (which I think means 5 or lower not sure if that is in there).

That said having play tested all three re-writes of the 3.2 combat tracker so far I know phantom has made it much more modular to support such a feature so I suspect it is very easy to do (I hope)

Hey,

Just checking in to see the status of the savage world mod.. think it still will be an end of the year release or maybe a little sooner?

Thanks...
It's getting there he's down to nixing nasty bugs so I would not like to say... easy as it is for me to say testing 3.2 (and painful sometimes as well) but the wait will be worth it.

phantomwhale
October 5th, 2011, 22:37
Cheers Doswelk.

For full info - check the tumblr link in my signature. The combat tracker triple rewrite is over now, so it's really just putting the final icing on the cake. Best guess right now is mid to late November.

Afraid I won't get any "slow" feature in the ruleset, but it should be possible to add as an extension with 3.2 - you can register an edge / hindrance / special ability name and a related function that takes in the initiative card, and returns the new (or same) card. So if you register the ability "slow" with the function that redraws cards until it's a 4 or less, that would do the trick.

Needs a little FGII programming experience still (nature of the beast) but if you've got a copy of DL:R extension, there should be an example to almost copy and paste ;)

Moon Wizard
October 5th, 2011, 23:53
Here's a feature request based on my limited experience so far:

I'd like more streamlined management of character bennies.

* View current bennies in the PCs window
* Add bennies in the PCs window
* Reset bennies for beginning of session (3 to each, +1 for Luck Edge)

Thanks,
JPG

phantomwhale
October 6th, 2011, 00:04
By PCs window, I presume you mean the character list ? If so, sounds like a good idea.

And a benny reset would be good too - DL:R has a "gather all fate chips" function (mainly as it needs to keep track of the limited quantities of chips), but something similar for SW would be useful. Neither ruleset has the idea of auto-dealing yet (as, like you say, this would need some intelligent understanding of edges) but shouldn't be too hard to add that too.

Of course, for official requests, your best putting an entry into the idea tracker (see signiature), as that's what I work off.

Moon Wizard
October 6th, 2011, 00:53
I added a few on the list. ;)
JPG

phantomwhale
October 15th, 2011, 09:27
Darn - SWEX 3.1 was delayed at the start of this year when my (old) laptop battery died. Now, only a few days from getting SWEX 3.2 ready, the (new) laptop battery has died as well :(

Expect delays whilst I try and source a replacement battery in Australia for my European laptop built in China :confused:

phantomwhale
November 14th, 2011, 04:21
Last week of SWEX 3.2 playtesting this week - hoping for some bug free results, and then it'll be over to Smiteworks for release.

Still gunning for a November release :)

scionofnyarlathotep
November 14th, 2011, 22:47
Waiting on tenterhooks here!

ShotGun Jolly
November 18th, 2011, 15:52
yeah.. should be soon now! :)

phantomwhale
November 30th, 2011, 20:20
Bad news is I've clearly missed a November release - but you've probably guessed that now !

Good news is the ruleset was submitted a few days ago to Smiteworks. They will need to package it up and ensure Pinnacle are happy with it's release, so can't make any assumptions on time, but would expect it to be somewhere in the region of "soon".

It should be a simultaneous release of SWEX v3.2 and DLR v1.1, as DLR needed an update to work with the new SWEX. It also got a graphical face lift too, whilst we were at it.

ShotGun Jolly
November 30th, 2011, 22:30
Wicked! cant wait.. I am sure its gonna be worth it.

scionofnyarlathotep
November 30th, 2011, 23:23
Just in time for my Chistmas Rippers scenario in the true traditions of a Victorian Christmas!

Doswelk
November 30th, 2011, 23:27
Just in time for my Chistmas Rippers scenario in the true traditions of a Victorian Christmas!

In that case I had better check for any issues with 3.2 and Rippers :D

scionofnyarlathotep
November 30th, 2011, 23:35
Hmmm that sounds like an excellent plan.

Doswelk
November 30th, 2011, 23:49
In that case I had better check for any issues with 3.2 and Rippers :D

And by that I mean see if I can update the weapons and armour and finish the Rippers theme and get it to Doug :D:D

scionofnyarlathotep
December 12th, 2011, 16:00
Any news on the release date yet (pretty please)?

phantomwhale
December 12th, 2011, 20:47
Another small obstacle, I'm afraid. I hadn't realised the number of extensions out there that modify the ruleset code (most of the "themes" do this to add / rename some attributes on the character sheet / combat tracker).

This means there is a job to fix up the themes for 3.2 first, as I'm sure Smiteworks don't want to release a new ruleset only to have dozens of players asking why there game is broken. Whilst I only own one theme (DL:R), I'm lending the author(s) of the other themes a hand where possible, but I can't be sure of the timeframes yet.

Doswelk
December 12th, 2011, 20:58
:cry: So tired.... so many modules tested/edited so many more to go..... :square:

I'm getting there...

In the mean time I've updated Rippers (just players guide module to support drag and drop weapons and armor I updated them to SWEX at same time) :D

StuartW
December 12th, 2011, 22:48
Great looking theme Doswelk!

:cool:

zackspacks
April 21st, 2012, 17:12
Hi all
I have just added this tweaking idea to the suggestions page:

Simple proposal really. I often end up deleting the whole combat tracker as opposed to an entry in the tracker, as I quickly click on the first 'skull and crossbones' I see. In the heat of a fast furious moment, I would like to just click on a picture and blam it's gone, as opposed to hovering over the icon and reading the name. Suggestion would be to leave skull and crossbones for the Tracker deletion, and have something else for the individual record deletion ?

https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=48196

cheers
Paul

Ikael
April 21st, 2012, 18:03
Maybe confirmation menu could be added to CT deletion? This could make you rethink the option you selected.

zackspacks
April 21st, 2012, 18:35
Maybe confirmation menu could be added to CT deletion? This could make you rethink the option you selected.Ooh yeah, good idea, I have just added your suggestion to the idea:)
Cheers
Paul

phantomwhale
April 22nd, 2012, 00:18
When you say confirmation - do you mean an extra click in the menu system ? Because that should already be there:

https://i.imgur.com/QRNGC.png

However, I've voted on the suggestion, as even with this confirmation option, I still manage to delete a combat tracker now and then. Much less often, but even so, it's such a massive kick in the guts when it happens.

So do we need a better, more in your face confirmation ? Or an ability to "restore previous tracker" ?

Or even something as simple as change the menu options - they have default FGII names I realise, which are quite generic and meta - so mentally working out if you want to "delete entry" or "delete record" isn't easy. In fact, they sound exactly the same to the uninitiated !

longarms
April 22nd, 2012, 04:43
This:

"so mentally working out if you want to "delete entry" or "delete record" isn't easy. In fact, they sound exactly the same to the uninitiated ! "

That is probably the issue right there. I'll fess up - add me to the list of people that did this...

Griogre
April 22nd, 2012, 04:51
I'd suggest changing the menu so it says "Delete Combat Tracker?". Because yeah I've done the same thing too. :p

phantomwhale
April 22nd, 2012, 05:15
Well, quick change now in for next version (v3.3 - probably a small release to support FGII 2.9, SW Deluxe and the Adventure Deck) :

https://i.imgur.com/OCh6q.jpg

Only downside is I can't redefine the "Delete Record" menu command from memory - that's baked into the core system.
HOWEVER if you'd like to see that renamed to "Delete Combat Tracker", potentially with another icon, then please go vote for this change:

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=41005

That will let developers redefine ALL the menu elements where possible, as the "Delete Record" entry is a hard-coded command to delete the window you are currently looking at - in this case, quite an important window !

Until then, making a quick backup of the last tracker to allow "delete undo-ing" might not be too hard...

Ikael
April 22nd, 2012, 09:00
I strongly believe that you can disable "delete record" option By adding nodelete tag to combattracker windowclass. When this is added the option won't be there at all. I can doublecheck this when I get back to home today.

phantomwhale
April 22nd, 2012, 09:19
Of course - your right. "Delete Record" is the default control created for window deletion. But by specifying <nodelete/> in the ruleset the "Default Record" menu option will never get created, leaving me able to use that menu slot for my own delete control.

Thanks Ikael, off to give this a go...

Mask_of_winter
April 22nd, 2012, 09:19
How about a window with counters and lines to help keep track of Mass Combat? This is a big feature of SW. Same with Dramatic Task in the Deluxe Edition. Something similar to the 4e skill challenge "app" for the 4e FG2 ruleset.

I know I'd like to see that. I would use those features.

phantomwhale
April 22nd, 2012, 09:24
I've not used the mass combat rules much - what sort of tool would help here ? If it's just tokens and dice rolls, I'd suggest a simple image would do the trick for now (which used to be the case for the old chase rules).

For the dramatic tasks, which I think are very similar to the new chase rules, I'm creating a new "chase tool" for the Savage Worlds Deluxe extension which should cover that. In truth, I set out to make a radically different tool to the combat tracker, but once I started filtering through requirements (for a chase, at least) it ended up being VERY similar, the only difference being card dealing and "who you can target".

I've got a screen grab of this work in progress here : https://sw4fg2.tumblr.com/post/21074314182/savage-worlds-deluxe

Ikael
April 22nd, 2012, 09:26
One personal imrovement I started to implement yesterday is refactored item list that I call "gears" the purpose of this is to merge existing items and vehicles lists to single list where you can also create other type of items such as hand weapons, ranged weapons, ammo, mundane items etc you name it. Each type has own set of fields to fill in its window so vehicle type would contain vehicle related fields, etc. All these items are drag-droppable to charsheets so you can create bizzare weapons on the run, share them to players and they can drop them to charsheet. These items can be, of course exported to module so you can create your personal weapon/gear library module By using this. I releasing this to extension at first but will make it buildin feature to my sw ruleset later on. I wonder if this is something to add to core sw ruleset featurelist?

Mask_of_winter
April 22nd, 2012, 09:29
Yep. I saw that and commented on it. Good job!
Dramatic tasks do not use cards much. 5 successes in 5 rounds. But I guess you can use the combat tracker as a counter for number of rounds and scribble on an image or type in a note to count successes.

I didnt mean to make things more difficult for you. Just pretend I didnt say anything hehe

Mask_of_winter
April 22nd, 2012, 09:33
Some settings with relics would benefit from this Ikael. But overall, it might actually be a handy tool for developpers!

phantomwhale
April 22nd, 2012, 09:34
SW could certainly have a much better inventory control. I'm always interested in merging efforts into the core rules (or at the very least, adjusting the core ruleset to make custom extensions more likely to be compatible between versions).

phantomwhale
April 22nd, 2012, 09:42
Thanks to Ikeal's tip-off, updated text for deleting the entire combat tracker :

https://sw4fg2.tumblr.com/post/21559882473/new-text-for-clearing-the-combat-tracker

https://i.imgur.com/GZLPq.jpg https://i.imgur.com/BaJ0a.jpg

zackspacks
April 22nd, 2012, 10:43
Great stuff guys !:bandit:

Plus,
Couple of things, just rechecked, and yes PW I do get the confirmation deletion message for the whole tracker, which is good. I do like the new message above too, so many thanks.

I don't like the fact that the icons are identical as in the skull and crossbones for each. I guess I associate that icon with the death of a window, so maybe the entry deletion icon could be a different picture altogether ?

cheers
Paul

longarms
April 23rd, 2012, 04:26
"Thanks to Ikeal's tip-off, updated text for deleting the entire combat tracker :"

Thank you - that was quick!

phantomwhale
April 23rd, 2012, 04:55
It's how I roll... :bandit:

Ikael
April 23rd, 2012, 12:01
Today when I was prepping up NPCs I noticed that I cannot drag-and-drop weapons from library module like I can for PCs. Boom! For honey-*** person like me, I want that sugar to cut down prep time (especially now that it's possible in SW3.2). I made small adjustment to NPC's weaponlist by implementing onDrop handling, and wrapped it to extension. Personally I think this is something that should belong to core SW ruleset features, no?

Changes are very minor and can be tracked from extension xml by looking for commonts with EDIT keyword.

phantomwhale
April 23rd, 2012, 13:13
Today when I was prepping up NPCs I noticed that I cannot drag-and-drop weapons from library module like I can for PCs. Boom! For honey-*** person like me, I want that sugar to cut down prep time (especially now that it's possible in SW3.2). I made small adjustment to NPC's weaponlist by implementing onDrop handling, and wrapped it to extension. Personally I think this is something that should belong to core SW ruleset features, no?

Changes are very minor and can be tracked from extension xml by looking for commonts with EDIT keyword.

This feature is already in for Savage Worlds 3.3 - and in fact I actually made an extension for doing just that a few weeks ago ! It's pretty much the same code as you've done - but hey, great minds think alike :)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=118641&postcount=12

If people are looking to add this feature in, I'd go with my extension (via the link above). Not just to satisfy my monstrous code ego, but also because it copies the entire weapon detail into the NPC, meaning if you then drag and drop that weapon onwards to another NPC or PC it will copy in all the meta-data (cost / weight etc...). Also, it's going to be exactly the same code in v3.3, so it should continue to work beyond that.

Note that neither extension will work with Deadlands or any other extension that overrides the NPC window - for that you'll have to wait for 3.3 (or create an extension extension - yikes).

zackspacks
April 25th, 2012, 16:38
Hiya
Every time I load up a campaign, it shares all of the Personalities with the players, I then have to deselect them all. Just tested it and it did it again. Is there a setting I have accidentally enabled for this to happen ?
cheers
Paul

phantomwhale
April 25th, 2012, 23:49
Hiya
Every time I load up a campaign, it shares all of the Personalities with the players, I then have to deselect them all. Just tested it and it did it again. Is there a setting I have accidentally enabled for this to happen ?
cheers
Paul

Was 10 mins into writing you an extension to fix it (how awesome am I ! Ahem...) when I realised the command to fix it was ALREADY in the ruleset. Gosh.

if you type "/flushdb" in the chat manager, this should flush all client database access. Which means you'll need to reshare anything that legitimately needs to be shared, but it should remove the sharing you have on the main personalities node.

This was a hangover from 3.1, which used to share the entire personalities node (not that the players knew this), in case any PCs had allies in that list. It also had a massive database transfer overhead (whoops) and obviously doesn't work with 3.2, which gives players there own Personalities tool so can see the links to all these npcs that they had access to all along !

This should be a one-time fix (e.g. once done on a campaign, it shouldn't need to be run again). Let me know if it doesn't work, and I'll get back onto that custom extension ;)

zackspacks
April 25th, 2012, 23:58
Cheers mate, that worked. To clarify though, I entered the command and nothing seemed to happen, they were all still in shared status. I then shut FG down, reloaded the campaign back up, and voila, it works !
Many thanks ( yet again, yes you are teh awesome :P )
Paul

zackspacks
April 27th, 2012, 00:59
Hi again
Having just ran another session of my campaign, a couple of other things that would have been useful ( IMHO ) around GM bennies
1) Being able to share my Benn box with the players as 'view only' of course ?
2) Having Bennies for the enemy Wild Cards in their Combat Tracker line ?
Any views, before I add this to the suggestions list ?
cheers
Paul

phantomwhale
April 27th, 2012, 01:27
Both good ideas - chuck them on the wish list (mainly so I don't forget them - but also to let others vote on them)

scionofnyarlathotep
April 27th, 2012, 01:29
Hi again
Having just ran another session of my campaign, a couple of other things that would have been useful ( IMHO ) around GM bennies
1) Being able to share my Benn box with the players as 'view only' of course ?
2) Having Bennies for the enemy Wild Cards in their Combat Tracker line ?
Any views, before I add this to the suggestions list ?
cheers
Paul

Both very useful suggestions, not sure how viable the Wild Card bennies with Luck/Great Luck would work. You have to have both edges on a PC sheet to get Great Luck to work properly as it is.

phantomwhale
April 27th, 2012, 01:36
Both very useful suggestions, not sure how viable the Wild Card bennies with Luck/Great Luck would work. You have to have both edges on a PC sheet to get Great Luck to work properly as it is.

That's because Luck adds one benny, and Great Luck adds another benny ! I could change the algorithm to just award two bennies for Great Luck (and ignore Luck, if present) if this is catching people out...

Not sure the system needs to "know" about Luck / Great Luck for NPCs. It only uses them for the "auto deal" bennies option on players - you can still just manually adjust bennies accordingly, Equally for wild card NPCs, you can easily just add one extra benny onto them when your allocating them.

Maybe this is a small extra item of "auto-award NPC wild cards bennies when added to the tracker" here ? I've always been slightly aware that NPCs only have bennies on the combat tracker (what if they survive for another fight later in the session ?) rather than actually owning the bennies themselves, so I hadn't gone down this route.

zackspacks
April 27th, 2012, 08:43
Okay, Bennies suggestion added here:

https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=48568

cheers
Paul

Doswelk
April 27th, 2012, 08:45
Voted for :)

JRKilroy
May 4th, 2012, 13:54
Hi,

There are lots of comments here, on the dev blog and the wishlist about unifying the SW ruleset with the 4th ED ruleset.

I was wondering if that will include the ability edit and link entries and encounters. I was a little disappointed to watch Xorn's tutorial on creating modules and campaign management only to find out the Savage Worlds ruleset does not work like that.

Thank you,

Doswelk
May 4th, 2012, 16:42
Hi,

There are lots of comments here, on the dev blog and the wishlist about unifying the SW ruleset with the 4th ED ruleset.

I was wondering if that will include the ability edit and link entries and encounters. I was a little disappointed to watch Xorn's tutorial on creating modules and campaign management only to find out the Savage Worlds ruleset does not work like that.

Thank you,

The Savage Worlds is blessed (and cursed) with being I think the first non-d20/OGL official ruleset back in the days of FG1

Hence the fact all the cool stuff that gets added into 4e/3.5e has to be "forced" into Savage Worlds by PW. Thus it takes time but he gets there in the end :)

If you have not already go here (https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/) and vote for it (it is already at #1 with 28 votes), it is the most anticipated addition to the ruleset.

phantomwhale
May 5th, 2012, 01:19
Indeed, many of those comments about "unifying the core rulesets" are driven by me, as it takes quite a bit of effort to move the 4E features back into Savage Worlds ruleset, esp. as the two rulesets diverge from each other (not greatly, but they do).

One example of this was the combat tracker - it's VERY ruleset specific in places, and VERY generic in others, and cherry-picking out the "good stuff" to re-use was very challenging for 3.2. As part of this, I had to remove the ability to setup multiple combat trackers, and it was acknowledged at the time that this would lead to needing to set up encounters in advance another way - e.g. via an encounters tool.

So it's no wonder it's top of the wish list. Hopefully it will make v3.3 (which is mainly a compatibility release for FGII v2.9).

But given as over 50% of my development efforts goes into just adding in the stuff from 4E, having a common base that ALL rulesets can use, which can be improved, would be fantastic. It's also a lot of effort and technically quite epic, so it's not a simple problem to solve by any means. And very unsexy - telling your users you won't see any real updates for 6-12 months, but the end result will have a better architecture for new ruleset development might not make many people very happy. If it's a project that could be kickstarted, awesome, but again, the output isn't very tangible.

JRKilroy
May 5th, 2012, 02:18
Thank you for your responses. I think I am number 28 on poll.

The good news is that I spent a few hours figuring out how to work around my issues. My big concern is that this is the first time my group will a VTT, and several of my gamers aren't hardcore about their RPGs. If the technology gets in the way during play they may lose interest.

I look forward to the next update, and thank you for your time and effort!

ShotGun Jolly
May 31st, 2012, 16:01
Is it just me, or is there no "Guts" skill in the skill listing now? I just noticed it missing..

Mask_of_winter
May 31st, 2012, 16:25
I noticed that too. A preview of the Deluxe Edition perhaps? hehe

ShotGun Jolly
May 31st, 2012, 16:39
I noticed that too. A preview of the Deluxe Edition perhaps? hehe

Thing was, it used to be there.. I am almost sure of it..

*edit* Yeah, just checked, all the characters before the 3.2 have the skill, and its clickable (its got the little button you can press to bring up the description)

There has to be a way I can edit the xml to add it back to the list again?

*edit*
Hah, I actually figured it out, and modified the mod files myself and got it working. My first shot at XML, thank god for copy and paste. :)

Ikael
June 1st, 2012, 14:02
I found this issue on SW feature list: "Allow single skills to use different Wild Die" and personally I definitely need that one for myself so I made quickpatch for it, see the attachment. The attachment is _not_ an extension but contains one lua script file that should replace the original one (copy-paste its content to your ruleset's template_traitdie.lua). What it actually does is that if you hold down ALT button and drop a DICE into any traitfield it becomes the wild die for that given skill/attribute. If no wild die is dropped into traitfield then campaign defined wild die is used. I would approciate if someone could give some additional testing for it. I did my best but time is limited for this hobby.

EDIT: attachment removed. It can be found from own thread

Doswelk
June 1st, 2012, 14:09
Woot!

I'll see if I can make this an extension (with a theme) and finally start converting TAG Daring Tales of the Sprawl! :D

scionofnyarlathotep
June 10th, 2012, 02:11
Posted this as a separate thread (my bad):

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16659

Mask_of_winter
June 23rd, 2012, 04:56
Would it be possible to have a power points tracker for npc's/personalities.

Dwarin
July 29th, 2012, 12:04
Here are my two wishlist items:

A) For Deadlands Reloaded, the ability to handle duels the right way. As it is, the Marshall can always see the player's hand, which gives him a good advantage. The Marshall shouldn't be able to see the player's hand.

B) For SWEX ruleset, the ability to add new skills/hindrances/edges using the FG UI only to the Library (for those who are not savy with changing the code) and to be able to drag/drop them on character sheets like the original skills/hindrances/edges.

phantomwhale
July 29th, 2012, 12:58
All good suggestions - the Wish List link is in my signature :)

Tryll
July 29th, 2012, 15:27
Is that the same place we wish that SWEX 3.3 would be released? :)

phantomwhale
July 29th, 2012, 23:09
Nope, that's right here !

Set expectations to average though, as SWEX 3.3 WAS just supposed to be a compatibility fix with 2.9 and the other extensions, as well as adding in the combat tool. It's picked up a few other features on the way (mainly thanks to Ikael) but it's mainly "under the hood" stuff getting fixed up.

It's out for playtest now, hopefully have something ready in a few weeks.

Tryll
July 30th, 2012, 16:33
Set expectations to average though

I don't know about that, I'm a huge fan of maintenance updates.

ShotGun Jolly
November 2nd, 2012, 21:04
Is it just me, or has the SWEX mod completely left out any rules for encumbrance? I can find it in the actual book (side bar in the Gear Section), but I cant seem to find it in the mod anywhere??

phantomwhale
November 3rd, 2012, 13:03
Well, I'll be... good spot. I wonder if other sidebars were also missed off ? No-one has mentioned it before, but I dare say most people playing SWEX over FGII own the book in another format (physical or PDF) and only use the library in game for spur of the moment lookups.

I'll throw out the old "I didn't write the original file" excuse for now, followed by a cunning hard-sell of "I've been pretty thorough in my treatment of SW Deluxe however, out soon !". But I'll also quickly backport Encumbrance into the existing SWEX module (which I really thought would be out now - I'll poke Doug and check if it's not too late to pop it into the release !)

Zetesofos
November 4th, 2012, 18:03
Not sure if this was stated somewhere else, but is there an eta on a Chase extension for 3.3? Also, I assume 3.4 is probably a year out, unless I'm wrong? Thanks a lot for all the hard work.

phantomwhale
November 4th, 2012, 20:52
The Chase extension will be part of the Savage Worlds Deluxe extension, which should be available for purchase in the next 24-48 hours I believe. You need to make sure you have upgraded to the latest SW ruleset (v3.3) which is available now via the "updates" button in the FantasyGrounds.

Version release dates are sporadic, as it's a part-time thing which can tick along at 10-12 hour a week when real life is quiet, down to 0 hours a week when real life gets hectic ! That said, it's been quiet recently, and v3.4 is already underway - expect the first of many posts about 3.4 in the ruleset development blog (see my sig. for links) today.

I might be a year, but I think I'm averaging about 7-8 months for each release so far...

Ikael
February 26th, 2013, 06:52
Phantomwhale, I have sent you PM regarding to provide some help to boost up SW v3.4 release date. I have also sent you some PMs before but haven't got any answers so maybe your PM treshold is full. Just to let you know :)

AstaSyneri
September 24th, 2013, 10:06
One improvement I'd like to see is changing the die graphics. Put in the maximum value in the graphic to make the d8, d10 and d12 much more distinct. Especially d8 and 10 look so much alike that I always have to frown to get it right (apparently I am growing old).

scionofnyarlathotep
September 24th, 2013, 12:20
One improvement I'd like to see is changing the die graphics. Put in the maximum value in the graphic to make the d8, d10 and d12 much more distinct. Especially d8 and 10 look so much alike that I always have to frown to get it right (apparently I am growing old).

Add it to the wish list, I know what you mean as I have problems sometimes too especially when they're not sitting in their relevant place. However, that's probably an FG2 change rather than a Savage Worlds change.

I'd also like to be able to have more dice colouring variants but think that's also an overall FG2 change.

AstaSyneri
September 24th, 2013, 13:21
Add it to the wish list, I know what you mean as I have problems sometimes too especially when they're not sitting in their relevant place. However, that's probably an FG2 change rather than a Savage Worlds change.

I'd also like to be able to have more dice colouring variants but think that's also an overall FG2 change.

Hmm. I am talking (writing really, I know) about the dice seen on the character and personality sheets. AFAIK that is unique to Savage Worlds.

You pretty much only notice when you set up character sheets and have to scroll through them, but if you do a lot of NPCs / Monsters it becomes really tedious.

The wish list is fine, but with a lot of items having 200+ votes, how likely is it that this one will be noticed there? Sounds kind of moot to me.

I am fine with the regular dice. Yes, having textured dice that look like Chessex ones would be nice, but not really necessary.

phantomwhale
September 26th, 2013, 04:35
When considering external requests, I only go to the wish list - wading through pages of forum posts to decide what to work on just isn't practical.

There are only about 30-40 live requests on the wish list currently - and number of votes can help highlight which are most wanted - but equally I am only one guy, and this isn't really a true democracy, but I do try and make sure the low hanging fruit and major frustrations get attended to each release at the bare minimum.

AstaSyneri
September 26th, 2013, 08:25
Fair enough.

I have put it into the list (https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=75843).

It should be an easy enough fix - if I get the time I'll look for the graphics myself and modify them, but I believe this should be done "officially". I have found posts at the peginc forums that complained about similar things (it's just an UI matter).

Ikael
September 26th, 2013, 12:01
Fair enough.

I have put it into the list (https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=75843).

It should be an easy enough fix - if I get the time I'll look for the graphics myself and modify them, but I believe this should be done "officially". I have found posts at the peginc forums that complained about similar things (it's just an UI matter).

Your request already exists in the current wishlist: Die numbers and modifier numbers visible (https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=34797)

AstaSyneri
September 26th, 2013, 12:07
Your request already exists in the current wishlist: Die numbers and modifier numbers visible (https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=34797)

I saw that, but frankly I couldn't tell whether it means the same.

phantomwhale
September 26th, 2013, 22:49
Fair enough.

Of course, software patch requests get prioritised WAAAaaay above the wish list - if someone else has done 80%+ of the work, I'd be crazy not to integrate it.
Hence 3.4 wasn't really driven from the wish list at all (although it did still cover a number of items on it) as it was primarily driven from integrating Ikael's work.

As for the wishlist entries, consider them combined : https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=34797

AstaSyneri
September 27th, 2013, 09:04
Okay, thanks. At least this one is that is very easily done.

You could have corrected my very embarrassing typo, though ;-). (...max number on the dice...)

damned
October 21st, 2013, 09:42
How to improve the Savage Worlds Rule-Set?
Join FG-Con for some fast Savage Action.
Fantasy Grounds Virtual Con 3 is here - plenty of player slots available and just enough time for GMs to add any new games! Follow my signature for more info!
And not a word from you Asta!

AstaSyneri
October 21st, 2013, 11:56
You do that on purpose, don't you? *grrrr*

Sigh. Please don't spam "my" threads, it's really annoying.

damned
October 21st, 2013, 12:26
Im no longer spamming your threads. Im drumming up business for the Savage Worlds games being run at www.fg-con.com :)
Currently SW has the second highest number of games being run but several are in desperate need of some players.

AstaSyneri
October 21st, 2013, 13:52
We have been there before. I really think your signature should be enough to promote the event. Going to rpg.net and similar forums would be more fruitful, imho.

Or use vBulletin's announcement function.

What you are doing is abhorrable spamming :P.

Ikael
October 22nd, 2013, 16:47

I actually noticed that several times I am also having hard time making difference of d8 and d10. There is possible solution for it: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=159682&viewfull=1#post159682

AstaSyneri
October 23rd, 2013, 08:44
Now that I have made new graphics for my AfO theme including the numbers you come with this? Excellent! ;-)

I actually noticed that several times I am also having hard time making difference of d8 and d10. There is possible solution for it: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions&p=159682&viewfull=1#post159682

Mask_of_winter
May 17th, 2014, 12:41
May I suggest cleaning up the idea informer page? Some features were already implemented.

phantomwhale
May 18th, 2014, 01:20
May I suggest cleaning up the idea informer page? Some features were already implemented.

I must admit, with the speed and volume of contributions from Aki, along with the extended stuff (which I don't use, although I've assured it's awesome !) I've maybe lost track of what HAS been completed on the idea informer list.

Feel free to comment on issues to say "This has been done as part of blah blah blah", which I'll get alerts for, and can then close them off.

Equally some of the ideas, such as the very top one (auto-calc hits) have been discussed here a number of times, often with plenty of caveats and reasons why we probably DON'T want this feaure, so it would be good to add those forum links into the idea informer comments.

I do go through it every month or two (even though it looks unloved, I assure you it is !) but this is going to be one of those things were other people's assistance, care and attention will help tidy it up and add values to it even more.

Ikael
May 27th, 2014, 10:05
I added notes to several feature requests in the idea informer list. I also recommend cleaning up so people have more courage to add new ideas/requests and not fear that they are not going to be done ever :)

Mask_of_winter
August 28th, 2014, 13:50
Pinnacle has released a set of tokens. I think they look great! I'd love to see them somehow integrated in one way or another into the SW4 ruleset. Just sayin'!

Ikael
November 2nd, 2015, 19:52
Savage Worlds v4.2 is reaching out release. This update is going to be my last contribution for the Savage Worlds ruleset. From Savage Worlds v3.3 to v4.2 I have been providing development for the ruleset as commission-free developer due to my own interest making this ruleset as good as possible. However I cannot be doing favors for free my whole time so I decided that I won't be continuing my work as commission-free developer. Hope you have liked what I did from SWFI extension times to current ruleset 4.2 version with SW Enhanced Extensions + features implemented in other commercial SW extensions (Fantasy, Horror, Sci-fi companion, Interface zero to mentin but a few).

Anyways here are few ideas that I didn't have time to implement for the Savage Worlds ruleset, but I want to share the ideas here:

Party Sheet

Characters summary (similar to 5E main tab) - attributes, skills, derived stats, damages, rank -- make trait rolls for everyone. Basically engine is ready to support this kinda feature implementation.
Adventure deck - see other's cards and trade them. GM can manage card from here
Show Deluxe rule's "encounter power" rank from PCs -- This is more minor feature idea where unexperienced GMs could easier determine how to balance their SW games (see Encounter part as well)

Encounters

Show Deluxe rule's "encounter power" rank from encounter/NPCs -- GMs could see what is the total "encounter power" rank for each combat encounter and by comparing to party sheet's PC power rank you can determine if setup is too difficult/easy for the players. Remember that encounter power rules from Deluxe book are NOT meant to be "the truth" like CRs in D&D games, but can help out new GMs.

Targeting

Auto-apply range modifiers to ranged attacks -- It would be nice if range modifiers could be applied to targeted attack rolls automatically
Create more dedicated icons for melee and ranged attacks (miss, hit, raise) + damages (1, 2, 3, 4 or more wounds or just shaken)

Dramatic task tracker

Easier and built-in support to manage dramatic tasks would be nice.

Merge Combat tracker and Chase tracker codebases

This is more about codebase refactoring, but why is there two trackers anyways? -- One could be used to do both! Ie. one single tracker which could be managed to act as combat or chase tracker for each combatant
If this is implemented then Dramatic Task tracker should be another tracker option here

Character builder + advance log

Dedicated tool building up characters by providing pool of spendable points (attributes, skills etc). This would improve local character management, but it should be usable in hosted games as well. There could be way for GM to setup "character creation pool" beforehand, export it and provide for players which they could use it to create certain ranked/powered characters locally
Keep track of advances. Instead of manually adjusting traits/skills you could record each advance and their changes would be applied to use

AstaSyneri
November 2nd, 2015, 19:59
Sorry to hear that - your contributions have made the SW toolset so much superior to other sets. Your improvements will be missed (lucky for us - you have done already so many good things).

That being said - I can totally understand your decision. I assume ruleset creators will still be able to approach your for commissioned work?

Ikael
November 2nd, 2015, 20:19
Sorry to hear that - your contributions have made the SW toolset so much superior to other sets. Your improvements will be missed (lucky for us - you have done already so many good things).

That being said - I can totally understand your decision. I assume ruleset creators will still be able to approach your for commissioned work?

Thanks for the kind words. And yes, I have still left my door open for commissioned work, if any appears

Mask_of_winter
November 3rd, 2015, 01:42
I totally understand. Your contribution is legendary and I thank you for helping make Savage Worlds what it is today.
Hail to the King!

damned
November 3rd, 2015, 02:22
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/ikael.jpg

Many thanks Ikael for all the awesomeness you have put into this ruleset. The size of the SW community on FG has a lot to do with the great ruleset.

Monkeywithtacos
November 3rd, 2015, 03:45
Sorry to hear that Ikael, but completely understand. Perhaps Doug might realize what an asset you have been for Fantasy Grounds and the Fantasy Grounds community and consider offering to pay you for your fine work since his product, and our purchase of it, benefit from what you have done... I know that I, for one, would be continue to be motivated to continue to spend my hard earned dollars here were that the case, especially since SW is one of the systems touted as being supported for play and it's products sold through the FG store.

Thank you again for your hard work! It does not go unappreciated....

~MwT

Skellan
November 8th, 2015, 14:34
Thanks for your hard work Ikael. I love all the cool stuff you have done to the ruleset. Its totally reasonable that you can't continue to do this stuff on a voluntary basis. I really hope that Smiteworks can work out some agreement so we don't lose you.
I wonder if it would be possible for you to produce extensions as paid for content through the store?

Ikael
November 11th, 2015, 18:46
Thank you all for kind words!

I wonder if it would be possible for you to produce extensions as paid for content through the store?

According to SmiteWorks paid extensions from their store is not an option and I totally agree with them. Please also understand that I have _not_ decided ignore all work until money is involved, no, the fact is that I have stepped down doing any maintenance/improvement/support for Savage Worlds ruleset and its products as uncommissioned person. That's because business is involved in that line of sight/product. However, it doesn't close my interest in, for example doing what could be done for fun and free. This thou excludes good-days-of SWFI (Savage Worlds Feature Improvements, my first initiative to improve the ruleset) where the extensions changed ruleset significantly. Doing that work and keeping up maintenance is massive job, and I am not willing to do that uncommissioned anymore.

Personally I am very happy with the ruleset at the moment, and to be really honest I really, really wasn't back then, which is why I initiated the whole improvement project and did it happily uncommissioned. I will have good memories helping out defining what Savage Worlds ruleset is all about today.

Hector Trelane
December 17th, 2015, 06:04
According to SmiteWorks paid extensions from their store is not an option and I totally agree with them.

How about a Kickstarter for your services? I'd back you.

Don't know if that suggestion is practical given legalities. However, we all get what we pay for and the time you're saving us all as GMs by adding these features is well worth it.

AstaSyneri
December 17th, 2015, 12:07
How about a Kickstarter for your services? I'd back you.

Don't know if that suggestion is practical given legalities. However, we all get what we pay for and the time you're saving us all as GMs by adding these features is well worth it.

Kickstarter likely takes too much in fees, plus it's a bit more difficult when you are not in the US (iirc).

But a simple webpage outlining what you would do, and asking for PayPal donations (sort of a private Kickstarter) might work well enough, since we know that Ikael won't run away with the money. Well, even if he did, we already have gotten our worthwhile out of his work, haven't we? Might be worth a try.

Skellan
December 17th, 2015, 13:00
Actually, I wouldn't object to this in principle. Ikael has done brilliant things with the SW ruleset and Smiteworks' main attention seems to be directed elsewhere (probably quite rightly) and I doubt we will see much development of the ruleset otherwise. There could be an issue with the ongoing maintenance of the extensions, particularly with a change to Unity on the horizon, but it is still something I would consider.

Mask_of_winter
December 17th, 2015, 13:26
Patreon would be perfect for this. But then again, managing a Patreon page takes time.

ColinBuckler
December 27th, 2015, 17:02
Request for change (may be classed as a bug?):

"Auto Center Map To The Active Token" menu option does not center to active tokens on client machines when activated. It only centers to Character Tokens.

If the Client machine centered on the "Active Token" this would allow the client machines to:

(1) see the active Token/NPC and any action taken.
(2) showing the enemy tokens move, when they are off screen (but still visible in a straight line on the playable map area)

The Client should never center on inactive tokens (though the GM's screen should).

I noticed this bug(?) when creating a virtual playing board (LCD screen laying flat on the table) connected to my laptop as a second screen. On this second screen I ran a second instance of the FG client connected via local host to the GM server instance. I found that I had to manually scroll the screen the virtual game board every time it came to NPC character turn to show the players what was happening.

More information can be found in the thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25955-%28option%29-Auto-center-map-on-active-token

Ikael suggested:

If you want to try changing this in extension yourself the part of the code doing this is in ct/minitracker.lua file's updateEndturnButton function. In the function there is following line:

Code:
if isClientCombatantActive and OptionsManager.isOption("CMAT", "on") then

The isClientCombatantActive part is blocking the feature from working on clients UNLESS it's character the player is controlling. If you remove it from the condition then map will be auto-centered to every player in all cases. If you want to build more detailed logic behind it it would require some work.

kavaliro
January 2nd, 2016, 18:24
Bug in SW which was introduced (I think) with the new version of CoreRPG: character sheets, Mini character sheets, and NPCs cannot be opened from the hotkey bar.

https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=100463

Also worth noting is that the bug I mentioned for CoreRPG regarding Quests is also present in Savage Worlds.

Quests could be potentially useful for Savage Worlds in tracking points/objectives for a tournament. Even though Savage Worlds does not award experience in the same way as D&D clones, the Quests functionality has its uses and should probably make an appearance on the Party Sheet.

(Another method of tracking such points that currently works for the Savage Worlds ruleset is tracking the points as a currency type, and creating Parcels for each objective which contain that currency type. Mission objectives can be created as items. Keep in mind, however, that players can drag things out of the party sheet loot. And they can see the "quests" as soon as they are added. And once you add it, if you need to undo the action, you would need to manually adjust the currency total. So it's not ideal, but it does work.)

Meliath1742
September 23rd, 2016, 14:30
Couple of things,

1. Would like the ability to set certain modifiers, such as Dim lighting, to a global status to effect everyone on the combat tracker. This would speed up battle prep.

2. Add an additional layer of security before deletion is allowed on story links for a purchased product, such as a pop up warning. Early in my use of FG I accidently deleted a link in my Ripper's original plot point story and still haven't recovered it. Luckily we aren't playing the campaign so its not a rush...but it was frustratingly easy to make this mistake.

I tried to add these ideas to the Wish List site but it wouldn't take. I was signed in so not sure why.

damned
September 23rd, 2016, 14:32
Hi Meliath1742 you can Revert Changes on any module or module entry.

Trenloe
September 23rd, 2016, 14:35
Early in my use of FG I accidently deleted a link in my Ripper's original plot point story and still haven't recovered it. Luckily we aren't playing the campaign so its not a rush...but it was frustratingly easy to make this mistake.
This data has not been lost. In the campaign where you made this deletion go to the module activation screen, right-click on the module in question and select "revert changes". This will reset any changes made to the module data within that campaign.

Ikael
September 23rd, 2016, 14:37
Couple of things,

1. Would like the ability to set certain modifiers, such as Dim lighting, to a global status to effect everyone on the combat tracker. This would speed up battle prep.

2. Add an additional layer of security before deletion is allowed on story links for a purchased product, such as a pop up warning. Early in my use of FG I accidently deleted a link in my Ripper's original plot point story and still haven't recovered it. Luckily we aren't playing the campaign so its not a rush...but it was frustratingly easy to make this mistake.

I tried to add these ideas to the Wish List site but it wouldn't take. I was signed in so not sure why.

1) I made proof of concept extension about such feature and gave it to Mask of Winter (Eric) who originally requested it. I wonder if he finished it and it's distributed somewhere.

2) You can always revert module changes by right clicking on module activation screen to recover module to original state

Meliath1742
September 23rd, 2016, 14:41
Thanks gents! The Revert command will come in handy��

Dang that was easy! Revert got the link back...thanks all!

Mask_of_winter
September 23rd, 2016, 14:41
1) I made proof of concept extension about such feature and gave it to Mask of Winter (Eric) who originally requested it. I wonder if he finished it and it's distributed somewhere.

I lost it :(

Meliath1742
September 23rd, 2016, 14:43
Lol...your too dang busy!

Mask_of_winter
September 23rd, 2016, 14:46
Lol...your too dang busy!
that was years ago on another pc

Skellan
September 23rd, 2016, 15:08
Pity. Was it sent direct? Could it be lurking in a forum thread somewhere?

Ikael
September 24th, 2016, 16:42
I found the extension I delievered to Eric from my email history. Refactored it slightly and here it is: SW Global Effects extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34202-SW-Global-Effects-extension)

Meliath1742
September 24th, 2016, 17:10
Awesome Ikael! I'll give it a try!

Meliath1742
September 24th, 2016, 17:22
Just tried it...works great! I like the simplicity...just add it to the Global board and it works. Thanks Ikael:D

Meliath1742
September 26th, 2016, 12:15
Ok, something else that is more of a nuisance than a bug. When I call for a Vote, the circles don't align with the character portraits at the top of the screen making it difficult to determine who voted. What am I missing?

Skellan
September 26th, 2016, 12:19
love the global extension Ikael, thank you

Skellan
September 26th, 2016, 12:20
Ok, something else that is more of a nuisance than a bug. When I call for a Vote, the circles don't align with the character portraits at the top of the screen making it difficult to determine who voted. What am I missing?

I don't think they line up in any ruleset so I think its a fantasy grounds thing rather than a savage worlds thing

damned
September 26th, 2016, 12:24
Voting is anonymous.... they are completely random...

Meliath1742
September 26th, 2016, 12:30
I would certainly agree they're anonymous. Would be nice to have an option to link them though. Not a biggie.

Trenloe
September 26th, 2016, 13:12
I would certainly agree they're anonymous. Would be nice to have an option to link them though.
Yep, voting is anonymous by design.

Check the FG wishlist to see if there is a similar request, vote for it if there is; add your request if there isn't: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com

zarlor
November 7th, 2016, 23:40
Create new attack type for Opposed Rolls

I would like to offer a suggestion for adding, among the the other available attack selections (Arcane, Melee, Thrown, etc.) one for Opposed Rolls. That might get tricky, I suppose, but at the least I might suggest the most common ones of Opposed Smarts or Opposed Spirit checks might be really nice to have. I guess that don't commonly cause damage in many cases, mind you (although something like a raise on an Intimidation or Taunt check could cause a Shaken state) but there are definitely some Powers, particularly in the SPC2, which are full blown attacks. Telekinesis, for example, is an opposed Spirit roll rather then Melee -v- Parry or Ranged -v- TN 4, for example, where failure will cause damage. Not sure if there are just too many use cases to make something like this feasible, though (maybe it would need to be a nested menu where you select "Opposed Roll" as the type and then a new menu for the type of roll, or even the Trait to use, picked from Attributes or Skills, followed by what it's opposed by to cover all of the possibilities...)

EDIT: My apologies if I should have created this on the IdeaInformer page but I couldn't get it to work for letting me add an Idea there. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, though.

EDIT2: Admittedly this is months later, but it looks like the IdeaInformer site is working for me now, so I'lve posted this suggestion there. :)

Hector Trelane
November 8th, 2016, 19:23
I would certainly agree they're anonymous. Would be nice to have an option to link them though. Not a biggie.

I've notice this too and agree that'd be a useful option.

Yep, voting is anonymous by design.

Check the FG wishlist to see if there is a similar request, vote for it if there is; add your request if there isn't: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com

I found this on the FG wishlist and just voted for it: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=82693

Topdecker
December 16th, 2016, 18:47
My number one request would be for there to be a consolidated EDGES list. Needing to open sublist after sublist to find an edge is really annoying. If such an list is made, it needs to include magic edges too.

Ikael
December 16th, 2016, 18:56
Access Edges from sidebar. The list contains all edges from all activated modules. The feature has been there for a while

Topdecker
December 16th, 2016, 19:16
Fair enough

Mask_of_winter
December 31st, 2016, 11:30
Item Category: "Vehicle Mounted Weapons" from the SW Deluxe Player Guide lack the damage field.

christophersons
January 14th, 2017, 23:13
Let's automate the use of power points. Please! When using a spell, for example, decrease the amount of power points automatically. In the case of special use of a spell with differentiated power points or with modifier, I can create a new item of the same power with the consumption of different power points and with different modifiers. This is possible to do. Only need to automate consumption by the magic used with the power points registered. When it ends, to neutralize the use of powers.

zarlor
January 27th, 2017, 12:17
I'd like to see more character creation and advancement functionality in FG. I've actually grown quite accustomed to using FG at the tabletop even just as a player when we are not using FG for any other function (some of my GMs don't have laptops to hook up to the monitor I have set up). Having it step through creation and then handling Advancements as I add XP would be really useful. I know that's a crazy extra level of functionality to put onto FG but I can dream. ;)

Additionally, speaking of monitors on tabletops (and this is more of a general FG feature request rather than a SW specific one) I'd really love to see much better touch interface support in FG. Especially for a better way to handle "right-click" functions, such as allowing definition of a different input for a right-click action (not every OS directly supports the same method for defining a given gesture as a right-click) and, more importantly, allowing replacement of icons on the wheel menu of the hover text instead of the icon, or to define the hover text as always visible (since "hovering" on a touch screen isn't really possible).

Dr0W
January 27th, 2017, 23:34
Minor Bug Report

Casting a spell directly from the Combat Tracker shows as if it were "Unskilled". It does use the right dice (not the Unskilled one), it should show the trait name (Spellcasting, Faith, etc.) instead of "Unskilled". It's a very minor bug, doesn't affect anything just shows the wrong information.

christophersons
January 28th, 2017, 00:49
Minor Bug Report

Casting a spell directly from the Combat Tracker shows as if it were "Unskilled". It does use the right dice (not the Unskilled one), it should show the trait name (Spellcasting, Faith, etc.) instead of "Unskilled". It's a very minor bug, doesn't affect anything just shows the wrong information.

This error appears here too.

Topdecker
February 2nd, 2017, 21:29
I'd like the card deck better exposed for use. Using an extension when it is built-in bugs me. There are plenty of tables that are or could be card driven.

Thanks for the consideration ;)

dikdastard
February 27th, 2017, 14:28
Ok I'm probably being greedy here but I watched Doug's tutorial the other day on the new 3.2 FG features. I am lusting after that elegant solution to the ongoing issue I know bugs a lot of the GMs out there that use FG live at the tabletop as a bells and whistles GM's aid and battlemap like we do.

I do still have the sw D0 extension written by the genius himself, Ikael but I can't help but feel disappointed that the new manual die roll features which appear oh so easy to use and I have been wanting for so long now appear to be d&d ruleset specific.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26251-Savage-Worlds-v4-2-available-as-beta/page6

Is it already planned to port this feature across to all rulesets or would it take much work to enable this method of manual die roll to work the same in SW and specifically Deadlands which I am just starting up again? Doug appears to be promoting it as a core feature now of FG which kind of rubs salt in to those that can't find it in their chosen rules system? Other posts would indicate this is proving to be a very popular feature and as I've said before, getting traditional table top gamers to use FG more readily would surely open up a bigger marketplace for the company not just make me a happy bunny!

dikdastard
February 27th, 2017, 14:57
Quick minor bug report found while reminding myself how the combat tracker works. I had already allocated bennies to the PCs from the character selection screen. The characters all displayed as having no bennies. When I clicked the add bennie button on the combat tracker, when I eventually added one of the correct colour as the PC's existing bennies, the missing ones reappeared so the data is obviously there just not autopopulating between the character sheet and the combat tracker. No biggie and easy enough to work around as long as I remember to only add bennies via the CT...

Hector Trelane
February 27th, 2017, 16:36
Here's a suggested improvement: add a button near the portrait to allow a player (or at least the GM) to share a larger image version of the portrait. (This probably would be merely a link to an image in the library.)

Why is this useful? When roleplaying, it's nice to introduce characters to one another, and portraits can be a big part of establishing character. You can only convey so much with the current tiny version of the thumbnail portrait. If portraits could link to a higher-res version (likely the original image that a portrait was made from), this problem is solved. (Yes, players would need to send GMs their high-res image files.)

I'll add this to Idea Informer to suggest it as a standard feature for all FG as soon as I can figure out how to suggest a new idea there.

d0su
February 27th, 2017, 17:31
Certain settings use skills other than "Spellcasting", "Faith", etc. to govern power usage. For example, this third-party one (https://journeymangm.com/2012/03/05/the-elder-scrolls-a-savage-worlds-conversion/) has separate skills for each school of magic, and certain edges even require Intimidation rolls to activate powers.

It would be nice to be able to manually assign skills to the powers, so that double-clicking the power would automatically roll the correct trait.

Ikael
June 1st, 2017, 18:09
Let's bring official SavageWorlds ruleset Idea Informer (https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/) back to live! Post your feature requests and issue reports there and I will take a look at them.

Matchstickman
June 3rd, 2017, 16:20
Do typos/changes between editions need an informer entry or can we just post them here?

Ikael
June 3rd, 2017, 18:08
The Idea Informer is not the only way how requests are getting processed, BUT it's the most reliable way. You can post requests and issue on these forums, but there are always chance that I either do not see them or forget them after first read.

Matchstickman
June 20th, 2017, 20:16
Per your suggestion I just added 40(!) new "problems" in the Idea informer, you have not been spam attacked!
Most relate to the NPC creatures in the GM section, just minor text problems, but there are a few suggestions for new Modifiers or Effects.

Ikael
August 2nd, 2017, 21:14
Per your suggestion I just added 40(!) new "problems" in the Idea informer, you have not been spam attacked!
Most relate to the NPC creatures in the GM section, just minor text problems, but there are a few suggestions for new Modifiers or Effects.

Excellent work and very good improvement ideas! I went through them all and fixed most of them. If you have more of these great ideas, let me know!

Arachnyd47
October 22nd, 2017, 14:05
I notice some problems with Effects and Modifiers. Their windows are empty for the players. The option "Effects : players can apply" is ON.

We don't have anymore possibility to include Bennies and Cards directly in the windows of the players characters by a simple click. Is there a reason for that ?

Ikael
October 22nd, 2017, 14:50
I notice some problems with Effects and Modifiers. Their windows are empty for the players. The option "Effects : players can apply" is ON.

We don't have anymore possibility to include Bennies and Cards directly in the windows of the players characters by a simple click. Is there a reason for that ?

Basic modifiers and effects are in Deluxe Player's Guide module. Players must activate that one to see the items. The option you mentioned just allows players to apply effect to CT entries from those views.

Benny & Adventure Card reset had been moved to party sheet.

Talyn
October 22nd, 2017, 16:37
Basic modifiers and effects are in Deluxe Player's Guide module. Players must activate that one to see the items. The option you mentioned just allows players to apply effect to CT entries from those views.

That's why I requested moving them out of the PG and into the ruleset proper. SW is the only ruleset that I own and use that doesn't already have that stuff populated without needing a book module loaded.

Arachnyd47
October 29th, 2017, 21:39

Benny & Adventure Card reset had been moved to party sheet.

Thank you

For Chips and Adventure Cards I regret the possibility to set them in one click

I found another problem, sorry, but I have only 12 Chips in the bag. I "Gather the chips", then set them in the GM pool and count only 12.

If I remember well, the bag contain 25 White Chips, 10 Red Chips and 5 Blue Chips, so ???

We had not encountered this problem before.

Thanks in advance

Doswelk
October 30th, 2017, 08:52
/chip reset should correct that.

you can also:

/chip count - shows number of white/red/blue/legend in bag
/chip total - shows total number of chips in bag
/chip starting - shows number of white/red/blue/legend starting totals
/chip status
/chip add <colour>
/chip remove <colour> - add/remove chip of that colour from bag

LDedric
March 21st, 2018, 02:43
I've run across a minor problem, it seems that my players love bennies and sever of them have luck and great luck as such I don't have enough bennies in the bag to give everyone their starting bennies....
Can you add an option to add standard bennies to the bag please?

Trenloe
March 21st, 2018, 04:27
I've run across a minor problem, it seems that my players love bennies and sever of them have luck and great luck as such I don't have enough bennies in the bag to give everyone their starting bennies....
Can you add an option to add standard bennies to the bag please?
See post #201 at the top of this thread page - the main SW ruleset developer recommends posting feature requests here: https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/

LDedric
March 22nd, 2018, 23:08
See post #201 at the top of this thread page - the main SW ruleset developer recommends posting feature requests here: https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/

I created a sign in however I don’t see how to add a suggestion to the idea informer.

Trenloe
March 23rd, 2018, 04:09
I created a sign in however I don’t see how to add a suggestion to the idea informer.
Type in the title of your request in the "I would like to" -> "Suggest an idea" section. The site will search for similar ideas. If there is not one that matches your request, click the "Share your idea" button in the bottom right.

Nyghtmare
April 23rd, 2018, 05:29
One of my players found a typo in the SW Deluxe Players Guide.

In Chapter 4 —> Allies —> Personality Table, the one for the roll result of a 10 should be "Dumb" instead of "Dump".