PDA

View Full Version : Combat Survival Guide

VenomousFiligree
May 1st, 2011, 19:44
The Savage Worlds Combat Survival Guide (https://www.peginc.com/Downloads/SWEX/Combat%20Survival%20Guide.pdf) is now available as a module for FG.

Download the SWCSG.zip file and rename to SWCSG.mod and place in your modules folder.

Enjoy.

Edit:
New file attached with ruleset dependancy changed to SavageWorlds3

ImaTarget
May 1st, 2011, 22:06
Thank you for sharing!

phantomwhale
May 2nd, 2011, 01:17
Nice one - as a small tweak, I'd change the ruleset in the dependency file to "SavageWorlds3" (or just "SavageWorlds").

Currently it depends on "SavageWorlds3.1" which technically isn't the name of the latest SavageWorlds ruleset (it's still called SavageWorlds3). So it will only be available if you've renamed your PAK file (or exploded directory) to be called "SavageWorlds3.1" - which I actually have as I'm developing version 3.2 and want both versions side-by-side, but suspect most people haven't !

VenomousFiligree
May 2nd, 2011, 09:22
Nice one - as a small tweak, I'd change the ruleset in the dependency file to "SavageWorlds3" (or just "SavageWorlds").

Currently it depends on "SavageWorlds3.1" which technically isn't the name of the latest SavageWorlds ruleset (it's still called SavageWorlds3). So it will only be available if you've renamed your PAK file (or exploded directory) to be called "SavageWorlds3.1" - which I actually have as I'm developing version 3.2 and want both versions side-by-side, but suspect most people haven't !
Good catch, done! :)

Blue Haven
May 2nd, 2011, 12:32
Thank you so much :)

Matchstick
July 8th, 2014, 05:44
Hello!

Sorry to necro this thread, but I've been trying to get the Combat Survival Guide to work well with the newest version, but it's being problematic. The text layout isn't working correctly and I'm getting table lines where they shouldn't be. I've edited some of the XML, but some of the problems are simply beyond me to solve. Is there a way to just put the PDF of the Guide up and available to my players? Failing that, is there a new version of the MOD version of the Guide that I could use? Heck, is anyone else using this and seeing the same issues?

Thanks!

Doswelk
July 9th, 2014, 15:37
Try this... (rename .zip to .mod)

Hector Trelane
July 11th, 2014, 02:32
Helpful module--thanks!

Doswelk
July 11th, 2014, 06:40
Let me know if any problems, fixed it in about 30 mins on my lunch break.

I have not checked it fully for problems.

Matchstick
July 17th, 2014, 00:24
Looks better, thanks!

Meliath1742
April 12th, 2015, 23:43
Still new to FG & SW and trying to give my players as much help as possible. I just installed the Combat Survival Guide extension...re-labeled it to .mod and put it in the module folder. It shows up in my accessible modules but even though I have it opened I don't see it in my library. I know it's an older extension...is it still usable in SW 4?

Trenloe
April 13th, 2015, 04:13
It works for me - I can see it in my library when I activate the module (open the book icon in the Module Activation screen).

Meliath1742
April 15th, 2015, 01:02
Ok...it's working now. Once I renamed it to .mod I still needed to extract it. My bad.