PDA

View Full Version : Questions about rulesets

arydious
May 1st, 2011, 18:49
Hello everyone!

I am still brand new to FG period. Basically i have been running a campaign, pen and paper style for a while, but it recently became to hard for everyone to sho up. After they suggested taking it online i found FG and love everything it has to offer. It has been a pain getting my campaign uploaded to the software but that's just because it is my first time.
So my question is does the complete srd have all the books in D&D 3.5E, because my campaign uses lots of different types of dragons, and psionics. I also used the complete warrior and the complete divine but they are not that big of a deal and i can work around them.

Any recommendations for me, again thanks ahead of time for all your responses

Arydious

Leonal
May 2nd, 2011, 01:43
Hi!

The complete SRD module has the same information as what you can find at www.d20srd.org IIRC.

The complete books and a whole lot of others are not Open Content and thus are not available for use with FG. :/

Moon Wizard
May 2nd, 2011, 01:58
Currently, I am not aware of any business which has the right to provide Wizards game data. Doug keeps in touch with Wizards regularly in case we can get them to change their mind.

Regards,
JPG

arydious
May 2nd, 2011, 03:16
thanks JPG and Leonal

According to what Leonal says if all the stuff in the complete SRD is the same as the site then i can make it all work from there. Thanks a lot

Leonal
May 2nd, 2011, 03:37
You're welcome. :)
I actually have the CSRD so I can of course give some more details.

It contains the following modules:
Basic Rules
Divine (rules on deities and related)
Epic
Magic Items
Monsters
Psionics
Spells

arydious
May 2nd, 2011, 03:41
Thanks Leonal, it does seem to be what i need, now it is the one that cost 6.50 right, i just want to pay for it if it is the wrong one haha

Leonal
May 2nd, 2011, 03:47
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=DGA044 This one yeah.

It should be noted that a smaller set of rulesmodules (basic rules/magic items/monsters/spells) used to be included for free, but I'm not sure entirely sure if they're supplied with the program now. Perhaps through the manual d20 installer in the downloads section.

But since you mentioned you use psionics then the CSRD is the better option I believe.

arydious
May 2nd, 2011, 03:50
Your the best Leonal, and yes all the Very Basic stuff is already included in the purchase of the software. Its basically PHB MM and DMG shortened so the CSRD is exactly what i need to get everything kickstarted

Leonal
May 2nd, 2011, 03:55
Hehe, I should be working instead of forum browsing, but this is more fun...:)

Happy gaming!

arydious
May 2nd, 2011, 03:57
yeah, sorry you have to work right now, but if i was at work i would probably do the same thing haha
Again thanks for all the information

mageck
September 4th, 2011, 06:23
I just recently downloaded the csrd but it does not seem to be showing up in my FG II game info, any suggestions on what I need to do?

Trenloe
September 4th, 2011, 07:13
I just recently downloaded the csrd but it does not seem to be showing up in my FG II game info, any suggestions on what I need to do?

1) Create a new 3.5E campaign.
2) When it loads, click on "Modules" (the book icon in the top right).
3) Find the Complete SRD modules you are interested in. Open them by either double-clicking on the thumnail image or left click-and-drag to the left on the closed book icon.
4) Click on the "Library" image (bottom right) and you should see the modules you opened in the library.

mageck
September 4th, 2011, 07:38
yeah I have done all of that, but they don't show up in the modules.

Trenloe
September 4th, 2011, 07:41
yeah I have done all of that, but they don't show up in the modules.

Open Fantasy Grounds Application Data folder (shortcut is available from the windows start menu: Start -> All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application Data Folder.

Check that the modules have been installed into the modules directory.

mageck
September 4th, 2011, 07:46
ok they are not showing up in the modules subdirectory. Should I do the extract into that file then?

Trenloe
September 4th, 2011, 07:48
Yes, extract all of the .mod files into the modules directory. This is where Fantasy Grounds looks for modules.

mageck
September 4th, 2011, 07:50
looks like that solved the issue. The readme file pointed it to the wrong location to extract the files. It only said to place it in the fantasy grounds II file

Trenloe
September 4th, 2011, 07:52
That's annoying that the instructions aren't correct.

Glad you got it working though. :)

mageck
September 4th, 2011, 07:54
As am I. Thank you for all the assistance