PDA

View Full Version : Localhost connection probelm

Nielle
April 29th, 2011, 21:26
When I run second copy of Fantasy Grounds 2 and try to connect to first copy with my campaign the n download starting and afeter progress bar is full I get
"Could not load roolset root file base.xml" error and message aloowing to reload data or cancel. If I press first, error repeats, if second - 2nd copy of FG closes.
I use 2.7.4 version, Windows XP, no firewall
FG uses d20_JPG ruleset with pathfinder v.7 extention

Nielle
April 29th, 2011, 21:42
And using this opportunity... = )
Is it possible to use some other folder for campaign data? I`m runnong a campaign, but oten have to swith between my desktop and laptop. It`s annoying to say nothing more. Is it possible to somehow change FG files so i wouldn`t have every time to copy folder from C:/documents and settings?

Thank you for your time.

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2011, 00:53
I do this all the time, as do all the ruleset and extension developers that I've talked to. When you get the unable to load base.xml message, it means that FG can not find the ruleset data at all.

Here are some things to try:
* Delete the cache for that campaign (it's the client copy of the host ruleset data)
* Make sure that you are running the exact same copy of FG (i.e. same executable), so that you don't have path issues.
* Double-check the FG registry entries

Regards,
JPG

Zeus
May 1st, 2011, 02:55
For reference to change the path that FGII uses for its application data.

1. Close FGII and ensure all its processes have stopped.
2. Open regedit
3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fantasy Grounds\2.0
4. In the browser locate key string DataDir, right click and select Modify
5. Change the path in the Value Data field to the new path you want to use.
6. Close regedit
7. Copy the contents of the old app data folder to the new path and restart FGII.

Nielle
May 1st, 2011, 06:32
Thank you for your assistance = )