PDA

View Full Version : Can no longer run Host and client with newly made campaigns?

pauljmendoza
April 29th, 2011, 05:21
I am not sure what information I need to provide to figure this out... I am able to access older RM campaigns, and run as host, with a second client running on the same computer. But cannot do so on the most current campaign we have started.

Up until sometime last week, a campaign we started I think about two weeks ago, was running fine. Then last week I was no longer able to join on the second client (While I was hosting). I figured the campaign was probably corrupted beyond use after several attempts to fix it with a crash every time. I then decided to screenshot everyone, and have us rebuild. This is still happening, even after a full reinstall of everything. Everyone else can join, but the moment I log on a second instance, and click on a character. It crashes.

damned
April 29th, 2011, 06:46
make sure you connect to localhost and not to ip address or alias.

pauljmendoza
April 29th, 2011, 14:57
Still does not work. Has something changed in the game?

damned
April 29th, 2011, 15:01
i dont know the answer to that - im sure the answer is yes - but i cant tell you waht - im v.new myself. i have an ultimate license and i have got a second connection active just now - it is connected to localhost

pauljmendoza
April 29th, 2011, 15:12
Problem is, I have three previous campaigns I can connect with on a second client with no errors. But any new campaign I try to make seems to crash if I try to use a GM-made server character from the second client, and now as of last night my players get error messages when trying to type anything in chat.

I am going to try this out with having everyone make their own characters on their side.

We're going to try to mes around with this again tonight.

pauljmendoza
April 29th, 2011, 15:22
And this is only happening with Rolemaster it seems.

RKBrumbelow
April 29th, 2011, 21:20
Up until sometime last week, a campaign we started I think about two weeks ago, was running fine.

Nothing has changed in the client or ruleset in 2 weeks, I strongly suspect your data has become corrupted. If it happens with every character you try and run from your 2nd client, then the corruption is in the ruleset or FG2 most likely, if it is only a set of characters then it is likely in the data. Try making a new champaign and connecting, if that doesn't work, reinstall RMC 1.2 and FG2.7.4 and copy your data back in, see if that fixes it.

damned
April 29th, 2011, 22:55
i think he has reinstalled and re-created the campaign... :(

pauljmendoza
April 29th, 2011, 23:49
And that's what is confusing :(

RKBrumbelow
April 29th, 2011, 23:52
Just to verify, you are using FG2 2.7.4 and RMC 1.2 right?
And, the problems have occurred both before and after reinstalling both and re creating your campaign.

pauljmendoza
April 30th, 2011, 21:28
Just to verify, you are using FG2 2.7.4 and RMC 1.2 right?
And, the problems have occurred both before and after reinstalling both and re creating your campaign.

Yep. Compiling screenshots of the barrages of error messages we all are getting heheheh.

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2011, 00:59
You should also try deleting the cache directory as well. If the cache gets corrupted, it can affect how clients behave.

Regards,
JPG

pauljmendoza
May 4th, 2011, 18:02
Will try that as well. We rebuilt the campaign, and it seems to be stable so far.