PDA

View Full Version : Unused Licenses

damned
April 28th, 2011, 14:02
I thouight I read somewhere that there were something like 19,000 licenses out there somewhere. I havent been about here for very long but it looks like the active user numbers fall somewhat (!) short of this number...
Has there been any thought to sending out a Call to Arms kinda email and try to get some of these license holders back in for another look. The more active players you have the more likely prospective buyers are going to want to participate...
What about publishing a quarterly newsletter - new rulesets, updates, modules, planned improvements/features, some GM tips, profile a successful campaign etc.

Leonal
April 28th, 2011, 14:26
I don't know of course, but my guess would be that a lot of users already have their own groups. Thus they don't come to the forums except if they need support.

I GM/play with two groups of friends totaling 7 people atm (a small % of 19k...) and I'm the only one who has ever posted on these boards.

Doswelk
April 28th, 2011, 17:55
Snap only one of my group posted on these boards and he joined my group.

Basically I suspect most people on the boards are the GMs for the group

damned
April 29th, 2011, 13:28
as the software checks its license in to FG on startup i'm sure smiteworks would have some idea of how many licenses havent been used in 6 or 12 months. i wonder if there is an opportunity to hit the mailing list and get some more of them involved :)

obvioulsy the ability to engage others in a game wherever they are is a major attraction of this application... its a shame that it can be so hard to recruit players.

PS been watching some of your vids on youtube - thanks :)

computertrucker
May 2nd, 2011, 01:35
I have an extra liscense I bought back when I got my DM liscense, Got it for my girlfriend who never played. I think out of my group consisting of me and 4 others. i am the only one who comes to the site and these forums. But then again I am the one running the game so come here to look at whats up from time to time or seek help.

Wretch
May 5th, 2011, 13:04
Snap only one of my group posted on these boards and he joined my group.

Just to prove you wrong, I'm going to be the 2nd in your group to post. Though as I am currently GM'ing maybe I just proved you right?!?!? Confused now!

ddavison
May 6th, 2011, 05:15
We now have over 20K licenses and nearly half of those are Full licenses capable of being a GM. We do track games that get hosted whenever they request an alias. There are between 2000 and 4000 applications launched every day from 400-600 unique IP addresses.

We have to be sensitive to users who purchased the product but did not sign up for the newsletter. I sent out an email blast when we first set up our newsletter software and I believe there where around 1800 users who signed up. I try to keep emails to this group down as well and only send out updates after some significant happenings occur for the categories they selected.

damned
May 6th, 2011, 06:01
good to see/hear.

try this link: https://vimeo.com/23248158