PDA

View Full Version : Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition

jaydarkson
April 28th, 2011, 04:59
Hello. I was wondering if anybody knows where I can find a Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition rule set. I have been having trouble locating one. :)

drahkar
April 28th, 2011, 13:45
I haven't heard of anyone having developed one yet. I know some people had talked about making a community one in the past, but I don't believe it ever got past the discussion phase.

jaydarkson
May 16th, 2011, 07:05
I haven't heard of anyone having developed one yet. I know some people had talked about making a community one in the past, but I don't believe it ever got past the discussion phase.

I have an online game that I want to run and I want to use FG2. It is frustrating because I have mentioned that I am looking for the ruleset on these forums and the Mutants & Masterminds forums but nobody seems to know anything. If I knew anything about creating rulesets I probably would give it a shot myself. :confused:

Moon Wizard
May 16th, 2011, 08:38
Other than the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, all the other rulesets are either developed by the publisher or as a community project (i.e. labor of love).

You can always use FG as a pure tabletop (dice, notes on char sheet, chat, ...). If you already have FG, I would try a few of the community rulesets to see which one is closest to M&M, and you can use that one. I haven't played that system, so I unfortunately don't have any suggestions.

Regards,
JPG

Doswelk
May 16th, 2011, 16:48
I have an online game that I want to run and I want to use FG2. It is frustrating because I have mentioned that I am looking for the ruleset on these forums and the Mutants & Masterminds forums but nobody seems to know anything. If I knew anything about creating rulesets I probably would give it a shot myself. :confused:

Waay back in 2005 (when it was still FG1) I was in the same boat with d20 modern. I decided I would have to make my own ruleset.

Now FGII and automation that it can do makes it much harder, but designing a character sheet is not too hard.

The generic ruleset (on the WIKI) is designed to allow any system to be played (there is no automation at all).

The forums here is friendly and the people help your best bet may well be take the plunge and try it, ask questions in the armoury/workshop sections people will help if they can.

If other people want to play MM2/3 (I have seen the odd post) then they may help with the project.

As Moon Wizard says the rulesets are either a labour of love or supported by the publisher.

WittyDroog
August 1st, 2011, 23:36
Damn, I was just looking to see if there's an MM3 ruleset done but seems to be a unicorn here. Sadly I don't know anything about scripting so I'm no help to any community project.

ddavison
August 2nd, 2011, 16:46
I have a demo set up with Green Ronin during Gen Con this week. If you are at the show, be sure to mention Fantasy Grounds to them and that you'd support any efforts to port the material over for use in FG. It could only help.