PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a C&C game, to learn, spectate, whatever

mbeacom
April 26th, 2011, 00:17
Hi,
I'm new to C&C and have never used Fantasy Grounds. I'm just starting to run a Castles and Crusades campaign with a group I usually play D&D4E with. I'm looking for a tool to use for those nights when we can't all be in the same place but want to play. I'm also looking for an outlet to play C&C since the only game I"ll have is one I'll be running and I'd like to try playing as well.

How are you liking FG for Castles and Crusades? And are there any games happing at night (weekdays OR weekends) after 19:00 West Coast or 22:00 east cost USA? I'd love to play in a game, or a one shot, but would happily spectate just to get a feel for the game, the rules and how FG handles it all.

Any other related feedback or experiences would we welcomed, even if you don't have a game I can get in. Thanks!

dr_venture
April 26th, 2011, 03:17
I love FG & C&C - at this point, even if I were running a pen & paper game, I'd still use FG to handle all of the combat. It's very convenient and quick to use in most ways. The current ruleset has lots of drag-n-drop functionality - attacks, damage, effects (stun, attack from behind, etc.), spells. Anyway, I could go on, but you get the idea.

I wish I could run a game for you, but I don't have a good enough Net connection for it. See what kind of response you get here, and you can always try the FG chat at https://fg2.rpg-vault.net/

Good luck & have fun!

damned
April 26th, 2011, 05:16
im running a C&C game on Saturday early morning your time.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14545
Im also learning both c&c and fg...

mbeacom
April 26th, 2011, 05:51
@damned,

Would love to hop in there if I have the chance. My daughter (3YO) is usually waking up around that time so I might have to jump in and out but I'd love to try to spectate a bit. I applied to your game. I was about to buy a license, but it looks like you've got an ultimate?

damned
April 26th, 2011, 09:29
@mbeacon
join in as a player - if you have to pop out for a few minutes at a time we will try not to kill you off while you arent looking. game will be able to be played entirely by chat (hopefully) so you should be able to catch up by reading chat window...
im still learning so there will no doubt be interruptions and slow downs from my end too.

mbeacom
April 26th, 2011, 14:31
@mbeacon
join in as a player - if you have to pop out for a few minutes at a time we will try not to kill you off while you arent looking. game will be able to be played entirely by chat (hopefully) so you should be able to catch up by reading chat window...
im still learning so there will no doubt be interruptions and slow downs from my end too.

Ok, so there will be no voice? Just text? Thats fine with me if that's that case. The May 14 time slot may be better for avoiding interruptions (earlier) but I'll try to hop in this Saturday too if I can. Thanks for the invite!

taoistpunk
April 29th, 2011, 22:45
We are playing Sunday 22:00 EST...you can lurk or join in. We love C&C as it is far less rigid and waaaaay easier to enjoy roleplaying. Contact me at taoistpunk (at) gmail (dot) com if you'd like.