PDA

View Full Version : New Pathfinder Extension and .mod

madman
April 25th, 2011, 19:32
Ok - I have added drag and drop Abilities to the Extension.

And here is a copy of the pathfinder rules i have been working on for some time.

i added the legal stuff, should be good to go.

Classes
Races
Abilities
PRC - WIP
Skills
Traits
Armor
Weapons

give it a try!

Chris

Leonal
April 25th, 2011, 20:02
Nice! Well done there. :)
Looking good, and no errors that I could see. Good idea to put overcoming SR into the skills sheet, but might be confusing for some?

I notice the text has received a size up too.^^

+Rep.

madman
April 25th, 2011, 20:56
It just seems to be the easiest way to track it.

Chris

drahkar
April 26th, 2011, 02:51
I updated the V8 links on FGWiki with all of this for you.

madman
April 26th, 2011, 03:42
I tried, but nothing stays there. it just reverts back when i go to the page.
So Thank You

Chris

dipnotz
May 7th, 2011, 01:38
Madman--great stuff! One question--I'm not able to see the trait descriptions when I click on the links. The feats/classes/etc work just fine. I can see that they are there in the xml file (I was going to add a few for my Carrion Crown players) --any suggestions for me?

madman
May 7th, 2011, 04:24
I'll give it a look

Chris

martinblake
May 12th, 2011, 08:18
Thanks for providing these madman.

They're excellent - and just in time the help me out, as I'll be running the Carrion Crown AP very soon.

:)

Martin.

Aidan_Dark
May 13th, 2011, 00:16
Madman, love the rules you included. Are you planning on ever doing the Pathfinder spells as well?

Trenloe
May 13th, 2011, 00:34
Madman, love the rules you included. Are you planning on ever doing the Pathfinder spells as well?

There have been some library modules created (including spells) in the Pathfinder Parser thread. Links and installation instructions in this post:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=105354&postcount=67

I've quickly tried dragging a few spells from the mods here into a Pathfinder extension 8.3 character and it looks to work fine.

Hope these help.

Martin.

Aidan_Dark
May 13th, 2011, 00:43
Thanks for the information Trenloe. I'm glad to have found this. I don't come around the forums much and I'd been using Pathfinder 1.7 extension ;) So I got a nice update and now I've got some great rules modules to add.

Awesome evening indeed.

wbcreighton
May 13th, 2011, 04:03
Just tried it for a session today and it works good so far.

Aidan_Dark
May 13th, 2011, 05:00
So my players tried out the new version today and were unable to change the HP value box at all (except using the mouse wheel to add modifiers). Not sure if anyone else has had this problem.

Blackfoot
May 13th, 2011, 16:28
So my players tried out the new version today and were unable to change the HP value box at all (except using the mouse wheel to add modifiers). Not sure if anyone else has had this problem.
This has been this way in previous versions... I believe they consider it a 'feature'.

Learuis
May 13th, 2011, 22:38
I am having some issues with the modules... I am able to load them fine and use them as the GM, and if I connect to myself as a client, they all work fine.

However, when my players connect to me, the library does not contain all of the modules which I have force-loaded for players... and the module activation window is behaving strangely. Some modules do not have books for players to open, others appear with a "web" icon in place of the book, and some have books that refuse to open. (You click and drag to open, and it immediately closes). These players also get an "unopened module" error when i try to share links with them to these modules.

I have also checked that all of the modules are "common" modules and should be able to be shared properly as far as i can tell.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

madman
May 14th, 2011, 01:58
I thought they worked fine last time i used them.
I take a look tonight

Chris

BTW here are the fixed traits and spells mods

Trenloe
May 14th, 2011, 02:50
I am having some issues with the modules... I am able to load them fine and use them as the GM, and if I connect to myself as a client, they all work fine.

However, when my players connect to me, the library does not contain all of the modules which I have force-loaded for players... and the module activation window is behaving strangely. Some modules do not have books for players to open, others appear with a "web" icon in place of the book, and some have books that refuse to open. (You click and drag to open, and it immediately closes). These players also get an "unopened module" error when i try to share links with them to these modules.

I have also checked that all of the modules are "common" modules and should be able to be shared properly as far as i can tell.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm fairly new to FG, but I've just done a bit of testing around this. i'm running 2.7.4 Full for the GM "server" and 2.7.4 Lite for the player client.

The "web" incon in Module Activation means that the client doesn't have the module locally - it's getting it over the "web" from the GM "server" application. I think you only get the "open book" option in module activation if you have the mod installed locally.

Assuming we aren't going the route of getting each Player client to manually install the mods locally, this is what I found:

As you said, the mods as provided in the linked Pathfinder Parser thread are client only. These need to be changed to be common as well - so that the player clients can download them.

Update - I notice that as I write, Madman has provided some updated mods for spells and the Pathfinder Rules that are both client and common. I'll try these later...

In testing, I then ran a player lite client on a different PC and checked access to the mods there. As mentioned before, the module activation window will just show a "web" icon (unless the player has the mod installed locally).

I then monitored the data cache folder on the player PC - this is in your FG application data folder (link under Start -> Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II). My campaign is called "PF Test" so under cache\PF Test is the cached data that is downloaded from the GM server. I see "campaign.dat" and then slowly - over the space of a few minutes, the modules that the GM has force loaded begin to appear: UOP feats.dat, UOP Equipment.dat, etc. Note: the modules only download to the players when the GM opened the module in their FG app!

EDIT: With more testing I've noticed that the players will only see modules in their library that the GM has opened (and keeps open) in the GM's module activation screen. THIS IS KEY - as a GM, if you want your players to see module, keep them open on your FG app too! If you close them they are removed from the players library and when you open them they are downloaded again to each player - this seemed to be the case even for force loaded modules.

So, I think the answer here is:

1) The GM should open all the modules they want the players to have access to - and keep them open throughout the game.
2) Be a bit patient for module dat files to download to the players, I would imagine that over the internet this could take longer.
3) If you have a "tech savy" player, get them to check that the module dat files are downloading to their cache directory.
4) Force load the modules you want the players to use.
5) Only load the modules the players actually want, as loading unnecessary ones will slow the whole process down.

If the above is taking way too long, think of providing the modules to the players to install themselve locally (in the "modules" directory under the application data folder) - this will give the players the "open book" option under module activation - if it opens and closes immediately, check the chat window on the GM client, it may say something like "Players have requested permission to load XXXXX" where XXXXX is the module name - check that the GM has given permission to this module (even though the player has the module locally).

I hope that all of the above makes sense and that it helps you. If you already knew most of that, sorry for going over it again.

If I've got it all wrong - please let me know. I'm a newbie and just found out all of the above by trial-and-error, so I may not be explaining it right...

Cheers,

Martin.

Blackfoot
May 14th, 2011, 20:33
Prestige Classes have a minor typo.. Under 'Class Features' (Just below the level progression stuff) most of them seem to say:
"The following are class features of the battle herald prestige class."
instead of whatever the actual class should be.
So far I've seen it in Chevalier and Dragon Disciple for sure..
Also. The pointer for the Sorcerer Spellbook in the classes file points to the d20 spellbook rather than the PF one.

madman
May 15th, 2011, 02:02
Copy, Paste!

Ill fix that

Chris

inuroku842
May 16th, 2011, 03:32
This has been this way in previous versions... I believe they consider it a 'feature'. Type it in as temp hp, wounds work just fine though.

inuroku842
May 16th, 2011, 03:44
I thought they worked fine last time i used them.
I take a look tonight

Chris

BTW here are the fixed traits and spells modsLovin the modules!!

madman
May 16th, 2011, 14:26
Control, Scroll with mouse to enter HP. Temp HP makes it easy to add or remove hp from effects or buffs.

It works just like it was made to. The number that comes up when scrolled is used to keep a record of HP when the temp HP are used.

Chris

inuroku842
May 16th, 2011, 14:29
Control, Scroll with mouse to enter HP. Temp HP makes it easy to add or remove hp from effects or buffs.

It works just like it was made to.

Chris
Even better! I've just been keeping a written tab on all character sheets to include hp (god forbid the system ever crashes I still have the sheets, lol), didn't know the hp worked with the mouse wheel.

Leonal
May 18th, 2011, 00:20
Uhm, not sure where to put this...but I just noticed on the wiki and have this odd request.

While I did in the early stages work on the PF extension, it has expanded so much more beyond that, and as such I feel like it's right that I'm listed as a developer for the recent editions. So if someone with wiki access could remove me from the sidebar, I'd appreciate it.

That is all. :)

Big props to madman for his continued work on this!

edit: I am aware that I originally pointed out that moon_wizard/JPG and I contributed, but were not listed on the wiki in the first place...;)

PoisonAlchemist
May 18th, 2011, 18:10
Is there going to be an APG module so its feats and class options are not mixed with the core?

americanbully
May 23rd, 2011, 03:10
anyway we can get the anti paladin special abilitys on there?

LuckyRob
May 23rd, 2011, 13:51
Great work on the ext. I'm just about to switch my campaign over to it after becoming unhappy with 4E and 4E essentials. Can't express enough my appreciation for the community's work.

I do have one question - the font size on the Pathfinder extension is large, large enough that on Manage Character option on FG2 launcher, the text actually underlaps beneath the boxes and is unreadable not to mention that there is limited space in the fields for longer names or other data.

I don't mean to offend any of the developers, but I unpacked the .ext using the PEM Utility and looked at reducing the font size back to the factory issue just to save some space on the character sheet, etc. No matter what I do with the repacked .ext, there are a bunch of lua files that are automatically missing which causes a bunch of run-time errors, particularly on the Skill tab of the character sheet.

I apologize if I sound ungrateful, but can anyone give me a little help on why it does this just so I can get my font sizes back to the original FG2 size?

Thanks a thousand times!

- Rob

Leonal
May 23rd, 2011, 17:29
Wish I could help, but I haven't done anything to this extension since its early stages when it just modified the skills tab.

Instead of using the PEM utility I'd just rename the .ext to .zip and work from there. Also remember when you zip back up to zip the files as is, and not for example including the folder you unpacked to.

LuckyRob
May 24th, 2011, 00:33
Thanks a bunch, Leonel! That did it.

For some reason the PEM Utility was leaving out or deleting files when it unpacked the .ext.

Leonal
May 24th, 2011, 04:01
Ah, that's great. :)

All .pak/mod/ext files are just renamed .zip and can be treated as such.
(I use WinRar and don't even bother renaming them, but just right click and open in WinRar)

Happy Gaming!

Learuis
June 24th, 2011, 23:46
Some of my players have been having issues when they update fantasy grounds. I usually try to avoid updating once I know something works, as I worry about issues like this coming up. Should I be updating Fantasy Grounds software every time an update is available? Or do I run the risk of the pathfinder extension and d20_jpd modules breaking?

And is there a problem with my players running a later version of FG than I am?

Leonal
June 25th, 2011, 00:05
Depends on how much difference there is.

You can't combine release and test versions for example, but AFAIK there shouldn't be much difference between 2.7.5 and 2.7.6 (if I recall the numbers correctly).

I always keep the latest update (and now use test version because the new 3.5 ruleset is so much better than d20_JPG), and in the events that the update causes an error, JPG is usually quick to roll back to the previous version.

I'd tell your players to only update when you do (unless they GM too, and may want to update if you're not running the latest version).

Moon Wizard
June 25th, 2011, 00:12
I usually recommend that both GM and players run the same version. The software will actually refuse to connect if the first or second part of the version number don't match. (i.e. 2.7.6 vs. 2.8)

The chance of an extension breaking on version update varies, but is tied to whether the ruleset is updated as part of the version update. This will only happen for 3.5E and 4E.

Also, I ask the community and developers for help in testing, so that we can catch any compatibility errors. If there is a big issue with a release, I will not hesitate to roll back.

Finally, you can test out the new release by following the directions at the top of the Laboratory forum. Just make sure that you make a backup of your campaign directory before testing. Also, you can easily roll back, and use your backup if there are issues.

Regards,
JPG

heliopolix
July 15th, 2011, 21:18
Awesome work, man. My Legacy of Fire game has been much improved by these modules.

Bit of a bug found: Magic Trait "Dangerously Curious" is dangerously blank.

The_Dragon_Ladis
August 18th, 2011, 13:33
I found a bug. The weight of items on inveotory is not counting for encumbrance, even if you mark the option.

On the other hand, thanks for this awesome work. I did my own ruleset but this is much better.

Negativo
September 11th, 2011, 09:40
I am running on windows 7 64 bit. Does anyone know where to put the ruleset files? I went to C:\Users\Negativo\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II and put the .ext file in the extensions folder but I don't have a rulesets folder for the d20 jpg files. Sorry, I'm a total newb with FGII.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Trenloe
September 11th, 2011, 11:55
Pathfinder support is built into the 3.5E ruleset since Fantasy Grounds V2.8. There is a Games System option of PFRPG or 3.5E in the Options window (once the 3.5E campaign is loaded). The PFRPG rules and spells (from FG 2.8.1) are included in the library.

But, if you really want to run this extension, download the d20_JPG ruleset (bottom right in the downloads link at the top of this page) and install this in your rulesets folder.

Negativo
September 11th, 2011, 20:54
Thanks alot Trenloe, I guess I just need to update to 2.8x then.

Dershem
September 22nd, 2011, 16:15
Question are the modules still available for the new release? Bestiaries / Spells etc etc?

Blackfoot
September 23rd, 2011, 00:49
They should download when you update.