PDA

View Full Version : Superheroes Extension for BRP

StuartW
April 24th, 2011, 21:12
(transferred from another thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14519))

I'm happy to collaborate if anyone was interested in doing a community (ie free) extension to the BRP system? There is an old BRP-based game called Superworld, for which you can still get the PDFs but not the physical product, and I've already played around with an extension which allows those rules to be used with the BRP engine.

A few points to consider:

I'm not great on graphics (neither the concept stuff, nor the actual execution), so I could only do the coding and spec what textures etc would be needed;
This would run as an extension to BRP, and while the extension would be free, we can't give away the BRP ruleset;
It probably couldn't be called Superworld, because Chaosium own that IP, so it would be the "Superheroes Extension for BRP" (in the same way as my Eldritch Horror extension isn't called Call of Cthulhu); and
We could distribute the extension, but we couldn't distribute material copied from the PDF (such as player and GM guides/rules).

I'll have a first go, and if the graphics stinks and anyone wants to help replace them, I won't be offended!

Stuart

kairos
April 26th, 2011, 01:39
Can't wait to see it! Let me know if I can help.

Brian

Galeric
April 26th, 2011, 22:09
Awesome! I was a big fan of Super World.

rodney418
June 28th, 2011, 22:17
Aren't pretty much all the main Superworld rules part of the BRP system now anyway?

krb243
March 2nd, 2012, 01:40
any progress stuart? thanks!

StuartW
March 7th, 2012, 17:10
Sorry, no. My FG development time, and in fact pretty much any other spare time, has been eaten up by a change in job :(

Please don't hold your breath: you'd go blue and asphyxiate before I make any further progress.