PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Demo?

MeganHunter
April 24th, 2011, 01:19
So I hate to ask such a ridiculously simple question, but I haven't been able to find it on here or google yet. (Is it really that simple that no one's asked?!)

I bought some Player licenses for my friends. Everyone is fine except for one person who says he can't find where to paste the serial number I bought him. Since I upgraded to DM years ago, I have no idea what to tell him. The other guy didn't have a problem, but he couldn't remember off hand either.

Thanks!

mfitzi
April 24th, 2011, 01:29
I believe they have to download and install from link provided within email that has the license. Then it asks for the serial number at time of installation.

Griogre
April 24th, 2011, 01:30
Try going into your history in the store and sending him the download link to the version that matches the license type. I'm not sure how an update from the demo works. However, when he installs the version it should ask him for the key. You can have both the demo and another version installed at the same time.

MeganHunter
April 24th, 2011, 01:31
Ah ha they're totally separate programs huh? Thankey kindly folks, I never would have guessed that. Much appreciated.