PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is included in the C&C ruleset?

mfitzi
April 24th, 2011, 00:35
Are any of the core books included? Like the Keepers guide, monster and deities, or players handbook included as modules?

Griogre
April 24th, 2011, 01:59
You get the Player's Handbook as well as the Monsters and Treasure Library Modules as well as an adventure: The Rising Knight.

mfitzi
April 24th, 2011, 02:16
what about the dm's guide, or what ever its called? Or, is that purchased separately? Or not needed?

damned
April 24th, 2011, 04:25
the castle keepers guide was only released about 6months ago or something like that. it is not needed to play. it adds extra info for the gm but there are sufficient rules in the phb and m&t to keep you going.

mbeacom
April 27th, 2011, 18:30
Its good. The art by Peter Bradley is a nice touch. Yes, you get the Players Handbook and Monsters and treasure. There are entries for every class, race, and monster in those books. What I can't seem to find are the tokens. The description on the purchase page lists tokens for every monster and multiple for each race but I can't seem to find them. I"m still very new with FG so I'm probably just missing them but any info would be appreciated.

mfitzi
April 27th, 2011, 18:36
Started FG with D&D 4e, and go used to all the drag and drop features. Is there a way to make the weapon information drop-able? Also, does the rule-set get updated like 3.5 and 4e does? I saw a post with an update noted...

mbeacom
April 27th, 2011, 18:44
I was wondering something similar. There is a lot of content on the preloaded adventure Rising Knight but I can't drag/drop the text to the chat window. Somethings you can, but not everything. Maybe I'll go back and watch the tutorials again. :/

Sorcerer
April 27th, 2011, 19:45
@mfitzi

no the ruleset does not get updated with 3.5E and 4E. Those ruleset are provided as part of the FG package, so every FG user has them. Therefore smiteworks can safely update them with the same update engine as FG itself.

as C&C is an commercial product bought separately not everybody has it.
there is at present no official way to update the product on a regular basis.

I have been posting updates in the form of 'extensions' which, when downloaded, should be placed in your extensions folder, and then selected by clicking the check box you will see when you go to the load campaign page of FG. The current version is v2.076, which was posted last week.

There are currently no drag and drop (to character sheet) items.
This is something I was working on, but currently development work has stopped whilst my real life falls apart.

@mbeacom

there should around 170 tokens (monsters and NPCs) that come with the ruleset. Unfortunately these were 'misplaced' when version 2.0 was packaged for release. I had thought that smiteworks had fixed this already, but if you don't have them (they would be in the token box in teh bottom left had corner of the screen - as they are not modular like the 3.5/4E ones)

email: [email protected] to get some help this this problem as I am unable to send them to you.

only text which is contained within a "chatframe" can be dragged to the chat window.

this is basically the boxed text within the story entries. Its usually for descriptions, and some predetermined character speech.

unfortunately this adventure is quite 'lite' on boxed text . So it means it requires some editing and preparation on the GMs part.

Its actually quite a good introductory adventure.

There was a resent question over in the tavern from a module developer querying if GM's found this boxed text useful or not - the answer was a resounding yes - and we need more of it.

if you want to exit the text of the module and add text boxes

1. open the story page you want to edit
2. right click and select the 'pen' icon at the bottom of the radial menu (enter edit mode)
3. select the text you wan to add to a chat frame (left click and drag over the text like in a standard word processor)
4. right click again and then select the 'T' paragraph types
5. then select the 'T' in a box 'chat frame'

the text should now appear with a box round it

6. right click again and select the crossed out 'pen' (exit edit mode)

the boxed text should now be drag and dropable into the chat window.
note: whilst in edit mode you can actually also edit the text if you want to.

finally what I have written above does not edit the original module this is read only and the data cannot be overwritten from within FG. all you have done is saved alternations to the campaign, these alterations will now be applied every time you open the module within that campaign (and are not lost if you close the module). However if you open the module within another campaign it will appear as it first did in its unaltered state.

mbeacom
April 27th, 2011, 19:53
@Sorceror,

Thanks so much for this info! This is exactly what I was looking for. I've tinkered with editing the story text but never found the ability to add it to a text pane that could be dragged. This will do exactly what I need to do.

As for the tokens, I may have missed that box somehow, the only token interface I recall was on the bottom RIGHT of the window, not the bottom LEFT. Maybe I just overlooked it. Thanks again!

Sorcerer
April 27th, 2011, 19:58
you are correct I meant bottom right (I am getting old and forgetful):o

mbeacom
April 27th, 2011, 20:05
Ok, then maybe they are missing. When I looked at the token icon on the bottom right, it brings up a little box with what looks like two satchels in it. One of them "contains" some generic numbered tokens, about 25 and the other appeared to be empty. If I recall correctly, both were in place before I even imported the C&C ruleset.

And yes, Rising Knight is quite a good starter adventure. I own it in paperback from TLG and I've read it so it was the perfect inclusion as an introductory adventure. Thanks again for the info. I"ll email that link you gave me and see if I can sort out the token issue.

Sorcerer
April 27th, 2011, 20:41
glad to help.

hope the support folks can sort you out with those tokens. good luck!

damned
August 16th, 2011, 01:00
for anyone that is interested Troll Lord Games have a special on Hard Cover Players Handbook and Monsters & Treasure for $20 total and they throw in a module too. Postage to Aus is not so cheap but very good deal for those in the US. https://www.trolllord.com/catalog/specials.php

dr_venture
August 17th, 2011, 03:17
Started FG with D&D 4e, and go used to all the drag and drop features. Is there a way to make the weapon information drop-able? Also, does the rule-set get updated like 3.5 and 4e does? I saw a post with an update noted...

I was in the same boat - cut my teeth on 4e & got spoiled by all the cool widgets & features. The C&C ruleset has come a long way since I took it up - Sorcerer has been doing a stellar job with the updates. Some of the drag & drop functionality is missing right now compared to 4e, but there's actually quite a bit of functionality in the combat tracker, battlemats, etc. that makes it a very enjoyable ruleset to use to me. There are things that I wish were smoother, but there are far more things that I'm really happy with in the ruleset. $10 for a ruleset & both the books is a great deal, and C&C is a fantastic game for that old school AD&D feel... a great combination!