PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones (HBO TV series)

Karazax
April 23rd, 2011, 19:54
Anyone else watching Game of Thrones, based on the books by George RR Martin? First episode aired last Sunday and so far they are sticking pretty closely to the books. Season 1 is covering the first book.
Here are two trailers:

8qJsSEnhsuI

8T84d-lRNLs

and the opening credits:
s7L2PVdrb_8

lazarus0280
April 23rd, 2011, 20:35
Yup, I watched it. Bn Camelot and Thrones my friday evenings are GREAT! Should be enjoyable season. Was bummed both series didn't air this week, guess because of Easter weekend or what have you. Look forward to next episode. Only 1 thus far right?

Karazax
April 23rd, 2011, 20:42
2nd episode is this Sunday in the US

lazarus0280
April 24th, 2011, 11:06
Ah, ok. So Thrones episodes premier on Sundays then? I thought they were Fridays to compete with Camelot. Misread something somewhere. Well, good then. Will def be looking forward to it tonite.

Karazax
April 24th, 2011, 15:50
A special preview of the first 14 minutes of the first episode can be watched here: https://winter-is-coming.net/2011/04/the-first-fourteen/

Karazax
April 26th, 2011, 01:07
Really liked the 2nd episode, started slow, but finished strong.

CampbellR66
April 29th, 2011, 09:40
Top show at the moment on Skyatlantic in the UK
or torrent of course

DNH
June 15th, 2011, 17:45
I am REALLY enjoying this TV show. I *have* read the books and love them and I really think the people involved here are doing an excellent job. I love every aspect of this show - the casting is phenomenal, from established names to virtual unknowns; the music (the opening theme is excellent); the costumes; the set dressing; the framing of some shots; oh yes, and the acting too. All really *very* good.

If this show does not walk away with armfuls of Emmys next time around, then I don't know how things work at all. And thank the gods that HBO has commissioned a second series.

StuartW
June 16th, 2011, 06:43
I abandonned Camelot, but am thoroughly enjoying GoT. Top quality production.

DNH
June 16th, 2011, 10:13
The opening credits sequence is excellent and well worth sitting through each time. Apart from the magnificent theme music, the actual animation also changes occasionally to reflect the more minor locations of the story. For example, The Vale appears in the opening sequence for Episode 5 and remains there until it gets replaced by The Twins for Episode 9. Nice touch.

Zulithe
June 16th, 2011, 11:58
I'm a huge fan of the books and the show has been meeting my expectations each and every week! Don't forget the soundtrack is out now on iTunes and elsewhere, makes a great companion to your games for those of you who enjoy background music