PDA

View Full Version : Forums under Safari

VenomousFiligree
April 20th, 2011, 21:38
Not an FG issue but a Forum one.

Don't know whether the culprit is the Forums or Safari or both, however I haven't noticed it on any other sites....

If I hang around the forums for a while clicking on New Posts and the like, it would appear that the cache isn't updating properly. ie I'm seeing posts that I have read (with the subsequent change in link colour) under "New Posts". Now this can be rectified by selecting "Empty Cache" from within Safari, but sometimes it is not clear if there is an issue or not - clicking on new posts show none (and no indication that there are threads I have read), however if I clear the cache, suddenly there is a host of new posts :s

It would also appear that this happens in the calendar too, as today I missed some posts, that would have made a game go from postponed to active :(

Zeus
April 21st, 2011, 00:01
MurghBpurn - I am running Safari 5.0.4 (6533.20.27) under OS X 10.6.7 and so far have not had any issues with the cache when browsing the FGIi forums.

I did notice a pending Safari update (which I haven't installed yet), which version are you running?

VenomousFiligree
April 21st, 2011, 00:12
Safari Version 5.0.4 (6533.20.27), under OS X 10.6.7, just like you :confused:

Edit 1:
Image attached of "New Posts" showing this thread as read (by link colour) but still showing under "New Posts"

Edit 2:
Direct link as image is showing as waiting approval (don't seem to get this with all posts :s )
https://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6792/safariissuescreenshot.jpg

Zeus
April 21st, 2011, 10:48
Hmmm, yes I now see what you mean. Weird. Safari 5.0.5 is available via update, have you tried that version.

Also, clicking on the New Posts link takes you to a search results page but if you look in the top right corner you will note that the search was pre-generated (usually some minutes before). In some cases the pre-generated results take a while to refresh, most I have seen in 15 minutes.