PDA

View Full Version : Cannot create a new campaign (FG 2.7.4, Win 7)

tdewitt274
April 18th, 2011, 01:09
I recently purchased a new computer and have transferred my information over to the new one. However, when attempting to create a new campaign, the "Start" button is not enabled. I can double click on an existing campaign ("A Tale of Dinor") and the campaign will load, but the "Start" is still disabled. The "Start" button will enable when I try to connect to another game session.

FG: 2.7.4 Ultimate

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

phantomwhale
April 18th, 2011, 04:18
You know what, think I had a similar thing in Win7 (having done just the same). Clicking around, setting the username, or just double-clicking the setting name seemed to get rid of it. Certainly, I can't reproduce it now, as soon as I type in the campaign name, the start button highlight's itself.

Perhaps it only happens with brand new installations - apologies that I am too busy developing against FGII to do a total reinstall to check right now !

Leonal
April 18th, 2011, 04:53
I think this might happen if you don't set your username for the campaign (which will then become the default username for new campaigns from that point on).

tdewitt274
April 18th, 2011, 05:19
That was it, requires a username. I don't remember having to do that on WinXP. Oh well, good to know!

Thanks!

Griogre
April 22nd, 2011, 07:33
You only have to set the username once after install. After that it defaults to the last used one.