PDA

View Full Version : The ASPECT Enigma

mutteringinsano
April 16th, 2011, 06:53

New Campaign
System: 4e
DM: Muttering_Insano
Dates & Times: TBD

Check out the PDF... hopefully it will explain much.

MikeParham
April 16th, 2011, 13:44
My gaming group, which plays our game on Friday eves US East Coast time (-5), may have a couple or three members interested in your campaign setting if played on Saturdays. All of us are avid role players over 25 in age and have D&D backgrounds that exceed 10 years. Will you be permitting voice chat during your sessons?

mutteringinsano
April 16th, 2011, 16:04
My gaming group, which plays our game on Friday eves US East Coast time (-5), may have a couple or three members interested in your campaign setting if played on Saturdays. All of us are avid role players over 25 in age and have D&D backgrounds that exceed 10 years. Will you be permitting voice chat during your sessons?

Great! Yes, voice chat will be available via mumble.

MikeParham
April 17th, 2011, 05:32
I did some checking with our gaming group and I think either three or four of us will be working on character packages for your campaign. Looking forward to chatting with you sometime. If you'd like to know more about our group, please visit: https://vabchd20teaclub.wikidot.com/start

We play our game sessions on Friday eves, and have room for one or two more if you are so inclined.

Re's, Mike

micasmit25
April 17th, 2011, 08:24
I am working on 3 character concepts. Should be able to have them finished up by the end of the week. Really looking forward to seeing how things shake out.

mutteringinsano
April 17th, 2011, 09:07
I did some checking with our gaming group and I think either three or four of us will be working on character packages for your campaign. Looking forward to chatting with you sometime. If you'd like to know more about our group, please visit: https://vabchd20teaclub.wikidot.com/start

We play our game sessions on Friday eves, and have room for one or two more if you are so inclined.

Re's, Mike

That sounds great. Would all of you be good with the Saturday night play schedule? Once you figure out who all is game, let me know names, emails and that sort of thing and we can either arrange a quick get-together on my server or in the chatroom to work it all out. And if you need any info or have any suggestions don't hesitate to shoot me an email.

As far as coming in to play on friday night, i would really enjoy that. once i get this campaign written up and ready to go it would be awesome to play on the other side of the screen, time permitting.

look forward to hearing from you and your group-mates.

mutteringinsano
April 17th, 2011, 09:09
I am working on 3 character concepts. Should be able to have them finished up by the end of the week. Really looking forward to seeing how things shake out.

outstanding! can't wait to see em.

Kaltahn
April 17th, 2011, 12:04
Hi there, I'm one of the interested ones from Mike's group (and also his son). I just wanted to stop in and provide my contact information; I'm busy working on your other required information for the two/three character concepts and will have those for you probably by the end of today.

e-mail: [email protected] (I had this email WAY before the crappy book series)

Or just PM me.

VR,

Raph

mutteringinsano
April 17th, 2011, 20:46
Hi there, I'm one of the interested ones from Mike's group (and also his son). I just wanted to stop in and provide my contact information; I'm busy working on your other required information for the two/three character concepts and will have those for you probably by the end of today.

e-mail: [email protected] (I had this email WAY before the crappy book series)

it's good hearing from you. i'll be looking forward to your characters and i'll get back to you once i've checked them out.

MikeParham
April 18th, 2011, 07:59
Just to touch bases, I'm current working on two character builds/backgrounds:

Jelial: A Shadar-kai Ranger (Hunter build) possesing the Shade Heritage feat who honors Sehaine. Jelial is a "Scratch" who is under the influence of Sehaine, who recognizes his natural talents of working within shadows outside of evil purposes. That somehow the Raven Queen let this child be stolen away proved too good an opportunity to pass up.

Kanjae: A Human Hybrid Avenger/Swordmage possesing the Deva Heritage feat and dedicated to Avandra. Kanjae is a recruit whose diety desires to reward the compassion shown by Brynne and Barret in sequestering the scratches and opposing Kelven's organization.

I like to get the physical/personality/roleplay related aspects into the build first, filling in the "power/performance related" feats later, so the starting builds are not exactly "optimized" as others might make them.

I know approval for the hybrid must pass muster in the writeup and I'll be working on that over the next day or so, but wanted to re-emphasize both my interest in the game as well as the directions my thoughts are leaning.

In addition to my son, I know one other is interested in joining the campaign, but she is finishing up some exams early this week. She also is not as comfortable with 4th edition as others in our group, but we'll try to have her up to speed quickly as possible.

More to follow,

Re's, Mike (email: [email protected] )

mutteringinsano
April 18th, 2011, 16:46
I like to get the physical/personality/roleplay related aspects into the build first, filling in the "power/performance related" feats later, so the starting builds are not exactly "optimized" as others might make them.

This seems like a good approach.

I know approval for the hybrid must pass muster in the writeup and I'll be working on that over the next day or so, but wanted to re-emphasize both my interest in the game as well as the directions my thoughts are leaning.

I'm glad you're enthusiastic, I am as well.

In addition to my son, I know one other is interested in joining the campaign, but she is finishing up some exams early this week. She also is not as comfortable with 4th edition as others in our group, but we'll try to have her up to speed quickly as possible.

Absolutely no worries about anyone being new or rusty with 4e. We'll take it slow at first and bring everyone up to speed on both FG2 and 4e if necessary.

I'll be looking forward to hearing more about your characters.

mutteringinsano
April 19th, 2011, 05:56
Received the first character submission tonight. Great start. By my math we're still gonna need at least one more player so come on 4Eers, jump in! We're going to have a fun group.

Tipster74743
April 19th, 2011, 18:58
I just got the program and looking for a game to jump in hardcore. I'm willing to jump in and give it a go. I'm almost willing to roll anything you want me to roll. I've only done 3.5 and some pathfinders, but I'm willing to start learning 4E if you give me a spot.

mutteringinsano
April 19th, 2011, 22:32
I just got the program and looking for a game to jump in hardcore. I'm willing to jump in and give it a go. I'm almost willing to roll anything you want me to roll. I've only done 3.5 and some pathfinders, but I'm willing to start learning 4E if you give me a spot.

We still have room available so pull down the PDF and follow the directions for character submission if you're interested. 4e is pretty simple to learn so experience with the ruleset is not a requirement.

mutteringinsano
April 20th, 2011, 03:14
Guys I have an update. The Heroes of Shadow book has been released (at least the info is on DDI), and while I have not had time to peruse the material in it very deeply, there are certainly things in there that would be excellent fits into this campaign. I will say that this material is in play for character submissions and if I find anything I want to throw out or restrict I will let you know.

Tipster74743
April 20th, 2011, 04:33
I'm reading the 4e player's handbook now. I should have my two characters submitted to you by tomorrow afternoon.

Jharii
April 21st, 2011, 16:34
I am definitely interested. Long time player and DM, recently got back into the fold. I am a bit green in Fantasy Grounds, but own an ultimate license.

I will work on some characters today and will hopefully have something for you by tonight (I am on EST). I did not see it mentioned (I probably missed it), but are the characters beginning at level 1?

mutteringinsano
April 21st, 2011, 16:42
Yes Jharii. All characters start at level 1. I probably neglected to mention that in the primer. I'm thrilled to hear you are interested. If you have any questions at all feel free to contact me by email or here in the forums.

Jharii
April 21st, 2011, 18:44
Great, thanks. One character sent to you.

Squinn1
April 24th, 2011, 02:06
What are the play times? I may be interested in trying this out. I have never done an online one but i am interested in trying this out.

Jharii
April 27th, 2011, 20:25
What are the play times? I may be interested in trying this out. I have never done an online one but i am interested in trying this out.Saturday evenings from 7pm to 11pm (ish) EST.

Spikenog
April 28th, 2011, 12:59
Is there still room for one more in this game?

mutteringinsano
April 28th, 2011, 14:43
Is there still room for one more in this game?

The final spot is not filled. Approval based on strength of character submission.