PDA

View Full Version : Issues with preloading images

Shinmuriel
April 15th, 2011, 08:09
I'm having difficulty getting images to retain grids and tokens after logging out of FG. Sometimes they stay, sometimes not. Is there something I am missing or is this a known issue?

Moon Wizard
April 15th, 2011, 09:25
Any more details about the images you can give me?
* Module vs. campaign folder?
* If module, what type of module (host, client, common)?

If images are in module and module type is client or common, then image database nodes are read only which means that any changes including tokens or grid will not be saved.

Cheers,
JPG

Shinmuriel
April 15th, 2011, 13:06
Hmm, well the images for the map background are jpeg that I placed in the images folder in FG, The Tokens are a mix of free downloadable and ones that I purchased from this site for 4E which makes them module I suppose.

So what your saying is module tokens cannot be saved on maps? That robs them of all of there utility and makes them rather worthless, tbh.

Now if I have some tokens that are normal .png placed in the tokens folder and some that are module will it bug out and not save anything?

And at one point it DID save some of the 4E tokens on the grid but they faced out slightly under the mask/fog of war. When I dragged them they reappeared.

Shinmuriel
April 15th, 2011, 13:08
Its disappointing that tokens you purchase that are suppose to be compatible with FG are actually NOT compatible, I hope I'm miss understanding something.

Zeus
April 15th, 2011, 13:36
Shinmuriel - moon_wizard was referring to images (maps) from modules (client/common) being read-only not the tokens themselves.

In this instance your maps are in the campaign db under the Images and Maps window, therefore there should be no problem with them retaining grids/masks and tokens from modules, as long as:

1. You ensure the image/map window is closed and the campaign saved before exiting FGII. Note if grid/masks are disabled at the point of save/exit, when re-opened the mask/grid will not be enabled by default.
2. When re-opening the image, you first ensure any modules containing tokens have been opened.

Most of my NPC tokens are stored in modules and I rarely have issues with maps not retaining mask/grid/pointers/drawings or tokens.

In addition for 4E maps containing tokens from the entries in the Combat Tracker, ensure the CT is also open. This will enable token underlays (faction, reach, health etc.) as well as targeting etc.

If you have ensured the above two steps have been followed and you are still experiencing problems with grids/masks/tokens not being retained, try re-naming the image/map to something new altogether, re-save/exit and see if that makes a difference.

Shinmuriel
April 16th, 2011, 04:48
No luck yet and I did everything said above. Can tokens/images be in subfolders or is that bad?

Shinmuriel
April 16th, 2011, 04:53
Is there a "save" button or function other than autosave?

Leonal
April 16th, 2011, 05:12
I'm not sure if it's available in all rulesets, but you can generally type /save and it will force a save.

Have you checked that you don't have read-only or similar on the folders/files? I don't think it should be anything like that, but it might be worth checking.

Shinmuriel
April 16th, 2011, 05:18
Ok, apparently subfolders in IMAGES is a no no, I think I have it fixed. Thanks for the help.

Leonal
April 16th, 2011, 05:23
That's weird, I have plenty of folders within my various campaigns\campaign-name\images\ folders, but not more than one level. Did you have several levels of subfolders?